Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help girls i am confused - overs/unders

+4
carol_s
pinkbabe
Newbie 251
wonderwoman789
8 posters

Go down

Help girls i am confused - overs/unders  Empty Help girls i am confused - overs/unders

Post by wonderwoman789 11th January 2011, 3:06 pm

Okay so Transform have suggested behind the breast and over the muscle. I am confused I thought this was classed as "under" but it is actually "overs". I am looking at 240 or the next size up and am currently 32B.

From reading other threads sounds like this particular surgeon prefers to do "overs".

So what is everybody's experience?
My friend said "unders" were more natural looking but recovery is longer?

Would appreciate any thoughts ladies as I am driving myself bananas! Xx
wonderwoman789
wonderwoman789
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Help girls i am confused - overs/unders  Empty Re: Help girls i am confused - overs/unders

Post by Newbie 251 11th January 2011, 3:15 pm

I think it really depends on the amount of breast tissue that you have to start with hun. Unders are usually recommended for girls with minimal breast tissue as if overs were used, it can create a "stuck on" look. If you want very large implants, you usually have to have overs as they will not fit under the muscle. I was a small 34B and my surgeon said that I was one of few people who could get away with overs or unders. I really wanted a natural look and there are more long term benefits, I believe, with unders, such as lower risk of rippling and capsular contracture etc. The recovery period is usually slightly more uncomfortable and longer with unders as the chest wall muscle is being lifted and stretched to accomodate the implants. I am exactly 1 week post op having had 230cc unders. I went back to work yesterday. The first few days were particularly uncomfortable and I had trouble even sitting up in the morning. I work in an office and I have found that I am managing fine at the moment. I believe that with small implants such as 240cc, you could achieve a natural look with unders or overs as being a B, it sounds as though you have some breast tissue to start with. I chose unders in the end mainly becuase of the long term advantages. My surgeon was Dr Olympia Hadden at Transform xxx
Newbie 251
Newbie 251
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Help girls i am confused - overs/unders  Empty Re: Help girls i am confused - overs/unders

Post by pinkbabe 11th January 2011, 3:25 pm

This is partial unders hun when part of the implant is under and the rest is over. If you not sure or dont feel happy with what your surgeon is recommending then it may be an idea to seek further advice or ask for another appointment. I have overs myself so cant advice much about part unders but I'm sure someone who has will be here soon to tell you more. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by Newbie 251 11th January 2011, 3:28 pm

Sorry should have mentioned mine are partial unders where the top 2 thirds of the implant are covered by the muscle and the bottom part of the implant is just covered by breast tissue. My understanding is that most surgeons prefer to do partial unders as opposed to full unders. The only difference really is that apparently, you can sometimes feel the bottom of the implant with partials as you would be able to feel with overs but I cannot really comment on that as I am only 1 week post op. I am very happy with the results up to now though!! xxx
Newbie 251
Newbie 251
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 11th January 2011, 3:29 pm

Unders is sub-muscular (under both the muscle and the gland)
Overs is sub glandular (over the muscle but below the gland)
Partials is where the top of the implant is sub-muscular and the bottom is sub-glandular (which would also help achieve a more 'natural' slope to the upper pole, especially with rounds).

Unders will tend to keep their final shape better as the muscle will help to reduce the natural forces of gravity which causes us all to sag over time, but they do take longer to achieve their best look. They are also firmer than either overs or natural breast tissue because of the nature of the muscle itself tends to be firmer.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 11th January 2011, 3:41 pm

If you type unders or overs into the search bit at the top you will see we have had quite a few debates about this LOL

I had to have unders as have very little tissue covering my breastplate and overs would have looked obviously fake on me (think early posh spice) and i would have had visible rippling.

The recovery period is a little bit longer but each person is different and i found it nowhere near as painful as i was expecting so dont let that put you off unders (if thats whats best for you) x x
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderwoman789 11th January 2011, 4:15 pm

Many thanks for all your advise girls. Apparently although I am small I have enough tissue to have overs. So if I had the choice of both I think I will just go with what the surgeon thinks is best? I guess there is an argument for both. Janeybird and newbie you both had smaller implants - I haven't found many on here! I am considering 240 or above as I only want to be full C cup. Thinking the 240 might be enough if you had 260 and are a DD Screwy xx
wonderwoman789
wonderwoman789
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th January 2011, 4:43 pm

What you have described is an over the muscle placement. Overs are used if u have enough breast tissue to cover the implant and in that instance will give u the most natural look and feel. If u dont have enough breast tissue then overs can give a more fake look. In that instance under will give u a more natural look. Breast tissue will sag with age and overs will sag with it. Under will stay up but breast tissue wont so when sagging occurs with age when u have under or over a re do will be needed with possible lift. I would read the pros and cons of both placements and decide what will be better for u
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mima 11th January 2011, 8:45 pm

I'd been told breast cancer screening was easier with unders or partially unders...is this correct? If you have overs you may need to consider cat scans instead of mammagrams.

Pls correct me if this is wrong.

Xx
Mima
Mima
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th January 2011, 9:28 pm

Its weird as with overs they say it can cause problems with mammograms, however whether you have over or under you need to tell the person doing it you have implants so that you can have more pictures taken. I did read that with overs it pushes behind the breast tissue so can make lumps easier to feel? but maybe I'm wrong?
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderwoman789 11th January 2011, 9:54 pm

Hmmm I was told o have scans every 3 years to detect ruptures xx
wonderwoman789
wonderwoman789
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newbie 251 12th January 2011, 12:46 am

I chose to go with smaller implants as I wanted a really natural look and I did want a huge difference. I just wanted a fuller breast really. I did not tell many people about the op and I don't expect the size increase to be that significant that it will be obvious to most people. I was a small B and I am now wearing a 34C sports bra. I am hoping to be a full C but I think it is too early to tell at the moment. I understand that overs can take many weeks and months to reach their final state. Over this time, the implants can "fluff" ie soften etc and the muscle relaxes which is initially squashing the implants and this can lead to an increase in size in some people. I have also been told that it is more beneficial to have unders or partials in relation to detection of breast cancer as the implant is behind the muscle and does not interfere with mammograms as there is no contact with the breast tissue with unders (and minimal contact with the breast tissue with partials) xxx
Newbie 251
Newbie 251
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 12th January 2011, 8:14 pm

I found this website helped explain it
click here
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixie 13th January 2011, 1:22 am

ww789 - about the implant volume and final cup size; bear in mind that a 30DD is the same size breast as a 32C.

32 band size + 2in for a C cup, right? So the bust measurement is 34in. But if you were a band size 30, then your bust measurement corresponds to the cup sizes as follows:

30in = A
31in = B
32in = C
33in = D
34in = DD

Me being between cup sizes AND band sizes, I wear a 32C or 30DD, or 32D or 30E. I've done a lot of thinking about these damn measurements lol. Just for good measure:

28F = 30DD = 32C = 34A = 36AAA

As for overs/unders, the term refers to the placement of the implant in relation to the muscle. So what you first described is a set of overs. All depends on how much tissue you've got beforehand and stuff like that for which will give you the best result... and mammograms, that part scars me too =\
Pixie
Pixie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 248

http://chouxlala.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixie 13th January 2011, 1:24 am

I should probably note that when you've got really small ribs then obviously the boobs make up for some of the volume, so 28F boobs will look bigger than 36AAA (which is what my first boyfriend measured!) but normally if 2 sizes are next to each other in that chart they're not that different, so as much as a 30DD might look different to a 36AAA, it'll look pretty similar to a 32C =]
Pixie
Pixie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 248

http://chouxlala.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down