Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice for handling small kids

3 posters

Go down

Advice for handling small kids Empty Advice for handling small kids

Post by Carrie 5th January 2011, 8:19 pm

So less than 24 hours to go and all paid for - no turning back now! I'm feeling pretty calm at the moment, my main worry is for my 2 gorgeous kids, age 5 and 19 months. Obviously they don't understand what's happening, my eldest will think I'm away with friends for the night and I'm gonna come home with a very painful chest infection. My OH is taking a week off work to look after them and whilst I don't want to shut myself away from them, I'm scared they might accidently hurt or damage me! I know I mustn't lift them, but does anyone have any other tips or advice on what I should expect to be able to do and when, specifically with the children?
Carrie
Carrie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 343

Back to top Go down

Advice for handling small kids Empty be kind to yourself....

Post by kinkyboots33 5th January 2011, 8:32 pm

iv got four kids, the little ones are only 2 and three so i just told them i had sore arms and that they had to be gentle :good: .... they can still sit on your lap for a cuddle etc but i did find it frustrating as it felt i couldn't get close to them! and we were so used to having our cuddles...
anyway, be kind to yourself! dont feel guilty....like i did... the first few days are pretty rubbish and frustrating but you will feel soooo much better in a few days! you will be sooo glad you did it and wonder what all the fuss was about...

its also a good time for mummy to sit and chill and for daddy to do some bonding!

good luck
kinkyboots33
kinkyboots33
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Advice for handling small kids Empty Re: Advice for handling small kids

Post by **Jem** 5th January 2011, 8:49 pm

Hi Carrie,

I had mine a month ago and could probably bore you stupid with information! So I'll give you the highlights but if you think I can be any more help please just ask!

I have 2 children as well, 18months and 3yrs, so pretty similar to yours in their needs.

I stayed the first 3 nights after my surgery at my mums. I could have stayed longer but cos I missed the kids I came home early. And I nearly packed my bags after just an hour at home to run back to my mums! The main reason is cos I felt tired and vulnerable, after 3 quite days I forgot just how hyper 2 kids could be! My 3 yr old was pretty good, I didnt go into detail with her but I told her mummy had sore boobies! But my youngest obviously too young to understand did hurt me a bit. Its so hard to cuddle without tensing, even if she was sitting still, cos I was mentally preparing myself for pain. My little one, Katie, on quite a few occasions put her elbow right in the middle of my boob to lever herself off to go back and play! It sounds horribly painful, but in truth I think a lot of it was mental, the physical pain really wasnt too bad!

Having your hubby at home for a week is great! You'll definitely need him to do the majority. But you probably wont need to completely shut yourself off, but my advice is to chose a time to see them when they're calm!

The second week for me was a bit trickier cos my hubby went back to work. I had family come over to help out but I did a lot on my own. My main concern was lifting Katie in and out of her cot. I managed in the morning by taking the side down, which freaked her out, so I did have to lift her down, but not right over the full height bar so was easier. I made sure for the first few days of the second week I had someone here to put her down for her afternoon nap, cos lifting her in and lowering down seemed like too much. But by midweek I ran out of helpers and had to do it myself! Didnt feel great but certainly doable!

Also taking them out was tough in that second week and I needed help. Lifting Katie into her car seat, cos its at an awkward angle - get someone to help if you can til the 3rd week. And putting the pushchair up and down and pushing it round. Again by the 3rd week totally doable - in fact I did it through snow! Not 100% comfortable but not really painful.

I think thats it really - I've probably go on far too much!

But basic summary - 1st week lots of help. 2nd week going from quite a bit gradually improving so that by week 3 you'll feel so much stronger! Im over a month now and can do everything fine.

The only other thing I would add, is that I felt VERY TIRED! Im back to normal now, but for me that was the thing I didnt expect and took the longest to pass. By the time I put the kids to bed I was ready to drop myself! It was like the early stages of pregnancy for me! Knackered!

Oh and driving! I had to take the kids out cos otherwise they go mad, but I found this hard work in the 2nd week, better by the 3rd. My sister came with me on one outing and cos she didnt want to drive my huge car, I drove and she did the gears for me! Steering and gear changing + new boobies = hard work!
**Jem**
**Jem**
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Advice for handling small kids Empty Re: Advice for handling small kids

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down