Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Period boobs!

+8
luvlea
Phoebe
janeybird
Gabby
Carrie
Crystal
carol_s
angelemma
12 posters

Go down

Period boobs! Empty Period boobs!

Post by angelemma 30th December 2010, 9:01 am

Hi Girls!!

So I am due my period, my first since my op 16 days ago. My boobs are so painful and I am wondering if that is just amplified 'period boob' or I over did it yesterday working?

I know my boobs are very new, but I have had no bad aches or pains for about 3 days then suddenly last night they were really painful again. Suppose I thought I was healing super fast....obviously not! shrug
angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 532

Back to top Go down

Period boobs! Empty Re: Period boobs!

Post by carol_s 30th December 2010, 9:19 am

I wouldn't worry unduly Emma - yesterday turned out to be painful for me too after a period of nothing happening. My nips were so sore, if anybody had touched them I would have screamed. Today they are tingly again - so I think my healing must be going in fits and starts, maybe because I had unders and the healing rate for unders is slower than for overs I believe. Yours will be different again as you had a nipple lift as well. I can't wait to get them back to something like normality though, but I suppose after only just over 3 weeks, I still have quite a while to go for that to happen.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by angelemma 30th December 2010, 9:48 am

Thanks Carol :)

I know the healing process is long no matter whether you have overs or unders...just me being paranoid! My nipples are totally numb so it's just an inside ache & shooting pains I am getting :(

I have to work again today, but then nothing until next week so I will rest up :)
angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 30th December 2010, 10:52 am

Hun period boobs hurt sooo much now but they never did for me before my op,............. reminds me of preggy boobs that i had while pregnant before i had my op.
:doh:
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by angelemma 30th December 2010, 11:15 am

Yes Crystal - that's *exactly* how they feel! Like hurty milk boobs!!!!!!
angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie 30th December 2010, 1:34 pm

Slight digression, but will put it out here anyway... my period's due the day of my op - aside for the extra inconvenience, do you think it's gonna hurt more? As if personal hygience isn't gonna be enough of a challenge! I'm hoping my pre-op worrying will delay the decorators for a week or so!
Carrie
Carrie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 343

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabby 30th December 2010, 2:08 pm

Ouch! I hope not Carrie.

All I know is, I don't get waxed a couple of days before or after I'm due because it hurts too much.

I can't imagine it's gonna make too much difference where surgery is concerned though tbh.

I was wondering whether it's tricky to manage if your period is around the surgery date. Something else to think about isn't it?
Gabby
Gabby
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 30th December 2010, 2:36 pm

my boobs hurt way more when im due on than they did before - think is cos there is just NO ROOM for expansion in there anymore ha ha ha

janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by angelemma 30th December 2010, 3:39 pm

I was lucky and my period was finished 5 days before my op. Alt-Barbie wasn't so lucky and they made her take her tampon out for surgery Shocked

I just hope I don't have this every month and it's just because I am still healing!
angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 30th December 2010, 5:53 pm

Carrie wrote:Slight digression, but will put it out here anyway... my period's due the day of my op - aside for the extra inconvenience, do you think it's gonna hurt more? As if personal hygience isn't gonna be enough of a challenge! I'm hoping my pre-op worrying will delay the decorators for a week or so!

Couldn't you go to your gp and get the tablets that stop your period for a while???

I had my period when I had my BA and everything was fine, they let me wear my own knickers (cotton) and didnt make me take my tampax out either?
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlea 30th December 2010, 6:07 pm

Hey there ladies...

I started the day after my BA and to be honest I didnt notice any extra pain with my boobs.. but I guess the pain of the op cancelled any other pain out!!!

My period is due in a few days so will have to see what happens then....

sick
luvlea
luvlea
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by k909kayleigh 31st December 2010, 12:51 pm

well lady's mine was due at my BA but i carried the microgynon on which i tend not to do as i suffer terrible but then when i had a period, they were better.... i had no soreness of boobs or tummy and was almost like it wasn't happening. rather strange really. My boobs have healed lovely as well considering i don't take to good to 'cuts' so i must be backwards and having the opposite effect to what i normally have!!! xx
k909kayleigh
k909kayleigh
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla 1st January 2011, 11:01 pm

This happened to me at about your stage too... the engorged feeling.
Not down to being due 'on' though in my case,as I was on just before my op so I reckon just nerves knitting together again. Not a nice feeling though but a day or two and it passed. Does intermittently come back fo ra quick blast now and again but otherwise it's all good!!
kayla
kayla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 507

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 2nd January 2011, 11:57 am

Hi,

I never noticed a difference in my boobs when my period was due when I was on the pill (probably because it's not a natural period).

But since I came off of the pill, they do feel really heavy and uncomfortable. I can't go braless when I'm due on and have to sleep in a sports bra.

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by wend 2nd January 2011, 12:18 pm

Before my children were born i always had sore boobs (well fried eggs) 3 days before i came on. Then when my son was born and when every thing went back to normal i noticed i had no boob sorness untill he was about 2, then i fell for my daughter and the same happened once she was around 2 the pain came back. He is 9 now and she is 7 but things changed again. I now have soreness around ovulation and the 3 days run up. I was dreading it added to my op pain but it wasn`t too bad. I think becauce you have the op pain the added bit`s not so noticeable?
wend
wend
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 2nd January 2011, 2:27 pm

I am having it now, due on this week and boobs actually wake me up in the night cos sore - not horrendous i am just very aware of them. Think i will sleep in my sports bra tonight.

I am not on pill and always had it before but feels worse since BA but like i say think is just cos no room in there whatsover for any expansion now LOL

I was unlucky enough to be given the LARGEST sanitary towel ever seen for my op ha ha ha
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down