Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silicone Gel

+2
katita
nche
6 posters

Go down

Silicone Gel Empty Silicone Gel

Post by nche 11th September 2010, 1:04 am

Hello, wavey

I am new here and was wondering if any one has any complications with Silicone Gel Implants. I live in Canada and they only allow people who are over 22 years old to get them. I asked doctors and researched online but no one has any answers to why. I really want to get the gel done because its suppose to be more natural and reduces the risks of CC and rippling etc. What are your opinions?
nche
nche
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Silicone Gel Empty Re: Silicone Gel

Post by katita 11th September 2010, 3:49 am

I have cohesive gel which is silicone but like a gummy bear and have not had any issues so far. The reasons you say are exactly why I chose these implants.
katita
katita
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 11th September 2010, 9:22 am

Silicone gel implants are the most popular implants in the UK, it's what all the major cosmetic companies here offer in the first instance. I can't think of one UK lady on here who has saline implants, they're just not very common here.

They are a very reliable implant (excluding PIPs) and in my opinion they give the nicest looking result, most natural look and feel, less chance of rippling etc. Are you under 22 then? Maybe if you have your heart set on these implants and you are under that age you should wait rather than settle for saline.

This might be a good question for James? x
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th September 2010, 10:09 am

I've no idea why you would have to wait until you're 22 for silicone implants hunni at what age can you have saline? - I found some info HERE but nothing in regard to the age issue other than stating that you can't have them until age 22.

There are complications that you are at risk of with silicone implants just as there are with saline hunni, but I wouldn't say you were any more at risk from complications from the silicone hun.

If after researching possible complications and risks from both silicone and saline you do decide you'd rather have silicone, then 2 years isn't a long time to wait to get the boobs you want hunni, gives you pleanty of time to research everything! and to save for lots of lovely new lingerie you'll be wanting to buy after your op. :boobstick: xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nche 11th September 2010, 7:05 pm

Thanks girls,

I am going to wait until I am 22 to get it done, I am very excited!!! Have already been to a few consultations!!
nche
nche
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 11th September 2010, 7:17 pm

Hi hun, I really don't know why this rule is in place out there it seems odd to me. Most of us (if not all) on here have cohesive silicone gel which it what you would have. I know there is another girl on here (fawn) from the States who has waited until she is 22 so she can have silicone implants. I believe Fawn turns 22 and is having her op this month!
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by nche 11th September 2010, 7:30 pm

Another question I have is:

Where are your incisions? I know that there are less options because they are already filled. So does that mean the best option is in the breast crease?

Furthermore, how are the scars healing?
nche
nche
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 11th September 2010, 8:30 pm

most girls have them in the crease but i had mine around the nipple, by 2 weeks post op my scars were almost invisible!
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by nche 13th September 2010, 11:41 pm

I went to one consultation and the doctor suggested I should do mine around the nipple as well. However, another doctor said that is not a good option for silicone because they would need to stretch that part out in order for the silicone gel implant to fit in.

Have many of you had silicone gel through the nipple?
nche
nche
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fawn 14th September 2010, 3:56 am

Hey girl :) Like hattie said, I'm from the U.S. and we have the same rule as you do in Canada. Y'all follow FDA guidelines, correct? Like the U.S., Canada only has 2 implant brands - Mentor and Allergan. Both these companies put silicone implants back on the market in North America following the completion of a study conducted by the FDA. In this study, the women that received the silicone implants were all 22 and over. I'm not sure why they chose this age. There are some surgeons who are willing to give women younger than 22 silicone implants, but there is a chance this could void your warranty. They would probably have you sign a waiver that says you understand that the FDA doesn't recommend implantation of silicone implants in women under 22, and that you are getting them anyway, without following their guidelines. I wouldn't advise this personally, though I know countless women/surgeons have/will continue to do this.

That being said, I went on my consult at the beginning of January, and I now have 2 weeks left till my surgery! It sucked waiting, but it allowed me to save the money and really do my research.

As far as putting silicone implants through the nipple, it can be done, but it depends on the size of the nipple and the size of the implant. Surgeons who use the Keller Funnel are able to fit larger implants through smaller incisions, so if you are looking for the periareolar approach, I would recommend searching for a surgeon that utilizes that tool. Hope that helps :)
fawn
fawn
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post by nche 20th September 2010, 12:20 am

Thanks hun for the advice and info!

So excited on your surgery! I was going to get it done this year but I have one more year to go until I turn 22 so I am going to be patient and am on a waitlist for the doctor that I really want (he has a 2 year waitlist!)

How many CCs are you going for and where will your incision be fawn?
nche
nche
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down