Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Effect of implants on your shoulders/back?

+4
misf1
tinks76
natalia
butterflybabe
8 posters

Go down

Effect of implants on your shoulders/back? Empty Effect of implants on your shoulders/back?

Post by butterflybabe 8th September 2010, 9:09 am

Hi girlies :)

I am due to have my boobs done next year, and I am slightly worried about the effect they might have on my shoulders/back.

I have problems with my shoulders as it is since a car accident in 2007. My Chiropractor says that I have no muscle in my shoulders anymore which is why I have so many issues. I am trying to build the muscle up because its seemingly the only thing that is going to stop the pain.

My worry now though is will the extra weight with the boobs cause me further problems? I know they won't weigh as much as real boobs but will they still cause me problems?

Please let me know your experiences so I can do what I need to to prepare myself and my body!

Thank you xxxxx
butterflybabe
butterflybabe
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Effect of implants on your shoulders/back? Empty Re: Effect of implants on your shoulders/back?

Post by natalia 8th September 2010, 9:12 am

mine dont effect my shoulders at all i think u really need to speak to a surgeon or surgeons about this as obvously we have not been in a bad crash like u so i dont think anyone can answer the question your asking hun as we are not in the same suituation with our shoulders like u i really think u need to speak to some surgeons about this or your physcio xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Effect of implants on your shoulders/back? Empty Re: Effect of implants on your shoulders/back?

Post by tinks76 8th September 2010, 9:16 am

Yeah hun natalie is spot on this is definietly a question to ask both your surgeon and physio babe .... hope it goes well hunnie and you do get your BA xxxx
tinks76
tinks76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 8th September 2010, 7:30 pm

I have always suffered with back problems until I started doing yoga and now I dont get it anywhere near as often, I was worried about implants affecting my back but they really don't weigh enough. I would check with the surgeon though.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 8th September 2010, 8:07 pm

i have some back/neck problems but nothing like that hun. i'd definitely speak to the surgeon about it if i was you.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by xx sharon xx 8th September 2010, 8:44 pm

Hi...i agree with all the other girls here regarding you discussing it with your surgeon and physio. I suppose it could depend on how large your implants are going to be, how much they weigh. I had 330cc and was told they weigh 1 1/2 lb each, i was weighed just before going to theatre and was 3 lb heavier after. Although i have no back problems i do spend most days stood up and leaning forward due to my job (hairdresser).Regarding my back, cant say i have ever noticed i am carrying an extra 3 lb on my chest ! ( except after surgery and few days after, felt like one of my kids were sat on my chest! )
xx sharon xx
xx sharon xx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post by katita 9th September 2010, 4:03 am

I got a sore back and shoulders but my PS said you need to retrain the muscles and I felt my posture improved after the implants. I also did Yoga after childbirth for a sore back and this stopped the need for painkillers after a few weeks.
katita
katita
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th September 2010, 6:11 am

If you wear a well fitted bra you should not have a problem with your shoulders babe.

When you're fitted correctly, the majority of the support comes from the band not the straps.

You'll also find that although implants look like they'd weigh quite a lot, they actually weigh very little. I have 410cc implants, the weight of them both, is just over a pound! so hardly anything in addition to what you already have hunni.

You really should discuss your concerns with your surgeon though babe, if you have any medical history and you have concerns about it, your surgeon really should be aware of it. xxx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th September 2010, 6:28 am

xx sharon xx wrote:I had 330cc and was told they weigh 1 1/2 lb each, i was weighed just before going to theatre and was 3 lb heavier after.

They weigh a lot less than that babe.

This is how you determine your total implant weight -

Use the following formula if silicone was used. Multiply the number of cubic centimeters by two, then multiply that number by .0375 (which is the weight in ounces of each cc of silicone).

So, if you have 400 ccs of silicone per breast there are 800 ccs total.
800 ccs multiplied by .0375 equals 30.
30 divided by 16 (ounces) is 1.875.
This means your total breast implant weight is 1.875 pounds.

Quote taken from HERE

xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xx sharon xx 9th September 2010, 11:06 am

Oh dear cookie, n heres me going on with myself. Blush ...must have misunderstood my surgeon. The only way i can account for the extra couple of lb must have been weight gain, perhaps through being inactive for first few weeks after surgery. Funny thing is though, for last 3 year ive always taken into account that i would be " 3 lb lighter without implants " ! Oh well...thanks for info...x
xx sharon xx
xx sharon xx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th September 2010, 1:13 pm

LOL... I put my my extra weight down to my implants too Sharon, until I found out different heeheeee... took me 2 years to realise the extra pounds was actually fat and not my excuse of implant weight! Hysterical
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinks76 9th September 2010, 3:46 pm

Awww cookie and there was me thinking i could delude my self with the extra weight gain being the weight of the implant and NOT the extra bag of chrisps ill be munching while healing Hysterical xxx
tinks76
tinks76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down