Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Normal you think?

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Normal you think? Empty Normal you think?

Post by Elizabethvb20 3rd August 2010, 7:54 pm

Hi girls.

Just wanted to update you on my incisions. I had the splitting stitches (I think) and they opened and I had some leaking out of it. I had it checked and it was thought to be an infection but the swab said no. I have been on antibiotics to be safe and will be for another month! The incisions have been open for about one month. I can tell one is closing slightly but they are still weeping a bit. I keep gauze there throughout the day and let them breathe too. There is always some on it. Not a crazy amount but deff there. My surgeon said it should be closed in about 2 weeks. It has now been 3. Cookie - I know you said you had this. Did it take this long to close? I did see some stitches a couple weeks ago coming out but now their gone...did they fall out?

Just wanted to see if this seems normal. Or does this seem like a rediculous amount of time? I had the incisions in the armpit so whenever I move my arm I could be slowing the healing by stretching the skin.

Thanks for input.

HOORAY for E's! Normal you think? 571992
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Normal you think? Empty Re: Normal you think?

Post by COOKIE 4th August 2010, 7:10 am

Elizabethvb20 wrote:Cookie - I know you said you had this. Did it take this long to close? I did see some stitches a couple weeks ago coming out but now their gone...did they fall out?

I had a dreadful time getting my stitches to close babe, but I was patient and followed the surgeons instructions to the letter and eventually, thank goodness, they did close.

I just checked back through my boobie diary for you hun and I was 10 weeks post-op when all openings finally closed.

In regard to your stitches hun, it's possible they could have simply worked their way out babe, which is a good thing. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 4th August 2010, 3:09 pm

Thanks a lot cookie! I am 8 weeks today...they do look better and I am trying to be positive. Still blowdrying them after showers and keeping them gauzed up. Did yours leak the whole time? Thanks very much for the info. I'll be looking forward to 10 weeks Normal you think? 571992
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th August 2010, 3:13 pm

Yes Elizabeth, they did, but got less and less over the 10 weeks, I was discharging like a greeny, yellowy liquid... as long as the wound is now clear of infection, the wound should start to slowly knit back together babe. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 4th August 2010, 4:02 pm

Yeah mine is green/yellowish too and that scares me because they always say that usually means an infection on any cut! On antibiotics for long time and keeping them clean. Thanks for informing me about everything. It's nice to know I am not alone. Normal you think? 321562
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th August 2010, 4:08 pm

No worries Elizabeth Normal you think? 571992 If you like you can read how my progress went along with how the infection was managed from this page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in my diary hun. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 4th August 2010, 10:49 pm

Sorry cookie one more question...doesn't yellow/greem weeping indicate infection? Or is it just because it is an open wound? I have been on antibiotics for a month (religiously) and still on them for a couple more weeks since my PS is away.

Does it always indicate infection?! Thats all I read.

Thanks Normal you think? 571992
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th August 2010, 7:17 am

Not all the time hun but is something that should ALWAYS be checked and monitored.

Your surgeon should swab the wound to test for infection, my first swab indicated infection, I took a weeks supply of anti-b's and was swabbed again after, I did still leak the fluid but second swab came back OK and the wound did slowly start to close. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 5th August 2010, 3:21 pm

Ok hun thanks, I was swabbed on day one of the incision opening and it said no infection but looking at it before the results came back they said it was infected. I don't want to jynx it but this morning they look good! Still open but I can't see a hole anymore. There was also no leakage on my gauze but I only had it on for about 2 hours cause it fell off. So hopefully we are seeing improvement! Normal you think? 321562 Thanks babe.
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th August 2010, 7:05 pm

Thats fab news babe! So pleased to hear of the improvement! Normal you think? 184153 x
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 6th August 2010, 3:52 am

So I noticed some blood on my gauze today...not like dark red but like coagulated blood...is this normal Normal you think? 856466 I am worried now. I am taking vitamin E and it is a blood thinner, could this be the problem? I just started taking it last week.
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th August 2010, 5:48 am

Elizabethvb20 wrote:So I noticed some blood on my gauze today...not like dark red but like coagulated blood...is this normal Normal you think? 856466 I am worried now. I am taking vitamin E and it is a blood thinner, could this be the problem? I just started taking it last week.

I wouldn't take blood thinners whilst you have an open wound hun so I think if I were you I'd stop taking those whilst your wound is trying to heal.

Call your clinic too babe, they may want to check on the progress of your wound and take a look at the discharge. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 6th August 2010, 3:06 pm

Yeah I stopped taking them today. Unfortunately my PS is away till Sept 7! And I don't know if you rememeber but last time they were they had no one on the 24 hour line...same again this time. I even made sure there would be someone on call. Im pretty **naughty word**. There was only a tiny bit on my gauze this morning. I googled it and the first thing that came up was vitamin E and blood thinners! Maybe it is trying to scab? I don't know if that is possible on an incision. I am watching it today and if I am still concerned I will go to the ER and ask to see the PS on duty. I'll keep you updated! Normal you think? 571992
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th August 2010, 3:12 pm

my incisions scabbed babe, but I had no blood 'loss'.

I think it's pretty poor that you have no point of contact or support from your clinic during holidays it has to be said babe Normal you think? 852192 but I also think you're doing the right thing going to ER hun, hopefully all is well sweetness and please do let us know how you get on. Normal you think? 571992 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th August 2010, 3:18 pm

Just a thought Elizabeth whilst you're at ER, maybe you could ask about the possibity of a seroma hun, the reason I'm suggesting this is due to your swabs returning saying there was no infection, a 'possible' indicator of a seroma sweetness is yellow fluid leaking from the site and blood so may be worth mentioning for them to take a look into. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 6th August 2010, 3:26 pm

Normal you think? 856466 Oh no that sound scary...I have leaking from both incisions tho Normal you think? 304294 and they seem to be closing? Is that normal
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th August 2010, 3:35 pm

Dont be scared hun, sometimes the fluid around the implant just needs draining, it sometimes just won't go on it's own, I'm not suggesting you 'do' have a seroma hun, I just think it's worth mentioning sweetheart seeing as this is continuing and there was no indication of infection on the swabs.

The incisions finally seeming to close is a VERY good sign though that it may be clearing up Normal you think? 184153 xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 6th August 2010, 3:39 pm

Oh gosh I hope it's not. Yeah I just googled (my fave thing to do) and it says usually it is reabsorbed over time. This is the first time I have had a little blood since they have been re-opened about 5 weeks ago! The right breast seems bigger than the left but it hasn't dropped...I don't know if I am going to the ER. You think it's ok to wait till Sept 7? Normal you think? 375568 OR is a seroma a deadly thing?
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th August 2010, 3:44 pm

It's not 'deadly' hun, but if it were me, I'd want the problem treated 'now' and if there isn't a problem then at least I'd be reassured all was well till the surgeon returned next month. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 6th August 2010, 3:50 pm

Ok I think I will go or at least phone the ER. My ps said I could do this. I will let you know Normal you think? 375568 Now im scared! Normal you think? Icon_pale
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th August 2010, 3:56 pm

You're gonna be just fine babe. Normal you think? 948189
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 6th August 2010, 6:09 pm

Hi again hun, I checked the gauze just now, I have had it on for about 4 and a half hours. No blood. Not a trace just the regular yellow/whitish **naughty word** stuff. I WAS doing laundry and hanging clothes yesterday so maybe I annoyed it. I am leaving work in one hour to go to the ER to be absolutely sure. They are so supportive. Normal you think? 321562 Thanks I will update when I am home.
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 6th August 2010, 6:10 pm

I don't know why it beeped my word I put pus sy meaning pus! But i guess it thought I put the cat word for our privates Normal you think? 557141
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th August 2010, 6:21 pm

Elizabethvb20 wrote:Hi again hun, I checked the gauze just now, I have had it on for about 4 and a half hours. No blood. Not a trace just the regular yellow/whitish **naughty word** stuff. I WAS doing laundry and hanging clothes yesterday so maybe I annoyed it. I am leaving work in one hour to go to the ER to be absolutely sure. They are so supportive. Normal you think? 321562 Thanks I will update when I am home.

Good luck sweetheart! xx

Elizabethvb20 wrote:I don't know why it beeped my word I put pus sy meaning pus! But i guess it thought I put the cat word for our privates Normal you think? 557141

Normal you think? 494993
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 7th August 2010, 8:29 am

Ok Cookie so I went to the ER...and after 3 hours of waiting I finally seen the doctor. I was glad to see it was the same one I had seen when I first went when the incisions opened. He was the one who took swabs so he could remember and see the progress! He said they look MUCH better and there is still a tiny hole and may take long to heal. I asked about the blood on the gauze and he told me about Hematoma...not sure how to spell! He said this forms commonly with this surgery. He told me it may just be trying to make its way out and that it is absorbed by the body. He also said the same thing about Seroma, it's not a big deal. He said it is so odd I wasn't infected on the swab because of the messy pus 4 weeks ago. He said the fluid is just making it's way out so it can begin to repair the new tissue. Normal you think? 184153 He also said MANY people come there whilst their surgeons are on holidays with no aftercare! He is not a plastic surgeon but I think I trust what he says. Let me know what you think about his opinion. Thanks! Normal you think? 571992
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next