Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contacted solicitors today, feel quite down today

+2
missP
bubblegum
6 posters

Go down

Contacted solicitors today, feel quite down today Empty Contacted solicitors today, feel quite down today

Post by bubblegum 23rd July 2010, 7:05 pm

Hi All,

Feel on a bit of a downer today Contacted solicitors today, feel quite down today 856466
I spoke to the solicitors today, the one recommended on here. They said they was just collected people names and details at the moment..but could take some time but to update them when I have anything to report... I am awaiting my referral to come through from the Breast clinic.

I thought they was actually taking on the case?
bubblegum
bubblegum
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Contacted solicitors today, feel quite down today Empty Re: Contacted solicitors today, feel quite down today

Post by missP 24th July 2010, 12:24 am

Which solicitor was this?

Lorraine Robinson from Hugh James is taking on PIP implant cases.

You could give her a try.

Hope you feel better soon, I know how you feel, I have PIPs and was getting no where with medical help.

Take Care, MissP x

Last edited by nads on 24th July 2010, 6:51 am; edited 2 times in total
missP
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Contacted solicitors today, feel quite down today Empty Re: Contacted solicitors today, feel quite down today

Post by COOKIE 24th July 2010, 6:39 am

bubblegum wrote:Hi All,

Feel on a bit of a downer today Contacted solicitors today, feel quite down today 856466

Oh hunni c'mere Contacted solicitors today, feel quite down today 571992

Unfortunately, until further information comes back from the MHRA regarding the saftey of PIPs there really isn't anything anyone can do just now but collect information from ladies involved and in the event of a case being built from any further information they can then act quickly on it on your behalf.

I spoke to the solicitors today, the one recommended on here.

BJSF doesn't recommend or promote any individual solictors hunni, You probably read the name of a solicitor in a post by one of the members hun, if you're not happy with the solicitor you called, it may be advisable to possibly try another babe.

Maybe you could create a thread asking the ladies which solicitor they are using and the advise they have been given? xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblegum 24th July 2010, 9:50 am

It was Hugh James I called. They didnt say they wouldnt help me, just that at at the mo they are, like you say..collecting all the information.
However, I did think I had read on here that someone had said they was taking on their case?

My information will be given to the Harmful Products Dept withn Hugh James, so I gues your right, until the MHRA release their report they cannot do much.
Has everyone else who has contacted Hugh James been told much the same? I havent actually got to speak to a solicitor yet a lady called Becki just took my info.
Cookie, I think I would rather stay with a firm that is helping lots of women, theres safety in numbers lol Contacted solicitors today, feel quite down today 948189

Thanks x x
bubblegum
bubblegum
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 24th July 2010, 10:41 am

I don't think there is that many people going with the solicitors mentioned on here, they are not reccomended by anyone as they have not actually started a case against PIP. My advice, never put all your eggs in one basket. I'm sure there are plenty of solicitors out there and it may be worth doing lots of research into them and seeing if there are other girls with PIP going with different solicitors. My point is you don't really know how many girls are going with this solicitor so it may not be saftey in numbers.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th July 2010, 10:45 am

bubblegum wrote:It was Hugh James I called. They didnt say they wouldnt help me, just that at at the mo they are, like you say..collecting all the information.
However, I did think I had read on here that someone had said they was taking on their case?

At this very moment hun, there isn't actually a case to be had which is why all solicitors can do is take your details and keep them on file pending further enquiries. That's awful isn't it considering what you are all going through. The wait is now on to get the info back from the tests the MHRA are conducting, based on those conclusions you'll know whether or not your solicitor is going to proceed.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th July 2010, 11:04 am

misf1 wrote:I don't think there is that many people going with the solicitors mentioned on here, they are not reccomended by anyone as they have not actually started a case against PIP. My advice, never put all your eggs in one basket. I'm sure there are plenty of solicitors out there and it may be worth doing lots of research into them and seeing if there are other girls with PIP going with different solicitors. My point is you don't really know how many girls are going with this solicitor so it may not be saftey in numbers.

Very true hun.

I would log your complaint with a solicitor YOU feel comfortable with, you've already found BJSF PIP support forum so you have found your 'saftey in numbers'! - being able to share information you have aquired and pass on all news as soon as it's out there.

BJSF is a wonderful platform to get this done! This is an open forum, readable to members and non-members alike! Alot of women wish to remain anonomous throughout their BA journies and they can do that here, either by joining using an undetectable username, or if they choose to they don't have to join at all, they can still use and read this forum gaining help and information from all you lovely ladies that are putting it out there for them - In helping yourselves, you in turn are also helping others and creating those numbers needed to make yourselves heard. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by missP 24th July 2010, 4:53 pm

Hi, Contacted solicitors today, feel quite down today 948189

There are alot of us with Hugh James solicitors.
They are recommended by alot of ladies.

This law firm is fully knowledgable with these kinds of cases.

MissP. xx
missP
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblegum 24th July 2010, 5:57 pm

Yeah and there are some other websites I have been on and a facebook group that is also recommending Hugh James.

What im not sure I understand is that Ive been told on other sites that you dont have to have a rupture to start taking action with a solicitor... so is it not enough that the item is faulty or does it have to be prooved to be harmful as well?
bubblegum
bubblegum
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th July 2010, 6:50 pm

bubblegum wrote:What im not sure I understand is that Ive been told on other sites that you dont have to have a rupture to start taking action with a solicitor...

They're right babe. You should definately log your complaint with a solicitor hun, if the
implants are deemed unsafe it won't matter whether your implant is
intact or not hun, you will be compensated for that.

so is it not enough that the item is faulty or does it have to be prooved to be harmful as well?

The problem here is that the implant has been proven faulty, but.... the blame here lies with the maufacturer (although I also personally blame the clinics who sold the PIPs too) and they are now bancrupt so there is no money available to compensate for the fault - Clinics are claiming that they bought the product from the manufacturer in good faith and sold the product as they believed it to be safe taking responsibilty from themselves. So if the implants aren't said to be harmful it's going to be difficult to file a claim.

It's best that you discuss this with a solicitor though hun, ask them what the possibilities of a claim are whatever the conclusion from the MHRA. Contacted solicitors today, feel quite down today 571992
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblegum 24th July 2010, 9:57 pm

Ok I will do thanks xx
bubblegum
bubblegum
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by missP 25th July 2010, 2:15 pm

I was advised by my solicitor that if a woman has her PIP implants removed because of the recall and scare alone she will have grounds to be compensated due to her loss.

I do not see the harm in going with a no win no fee solicitor who will do all they can to win our case because this is all we have to get justice. These companies will do their best to find no liability as they stand to lose alot of money and from my experience and other ladies experience we are getting no where with approaching them ourselves.

What has to be pointed out here is that despite the fact these implants might come back as not chemically harmful they are rupturing early, the gel leaks to other part of the body and the surgeons purchased them very cheaply from a company with a bad track record. Even the NHS would not use these PIP implants.

Its very important that you seek information from a genuine, knowledgable source if you have questions. The internet is great for sharing information but you are not receiving advice from professionals on most websites and forums, only others opinions.

Support is great but important information must be sought from a reliable source!

MissP.
missP
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 25th July 2010, 8:20 pm

Please make sure when using a no win no fee solicitor that they will not be taking payment out of your compensation for their fees, all fees should be taken from the defendant, who is whomever you are claiming compensation from be it the clinic where you had your BA, the MRHA, CE or whoever they can build the strongest case against.
I totally agree it is important that you seek legal advice from a proffesional. Whilst there are many proffesionals of all different walks of life on the websites and forums they are here to support you not give guidence on legal proceedings.
I also know if you are a civil servant you can usually get free legal advice through your union (if you are a member) not sure what you do. Or there is always the citizens advice. But if you have already met with and are happy with your chosen firm then it's good you are taking steps towards being compensated.
It's just such a shame a company has acted in this way thinking of their profits and money rather than other peoples health and life and the stress that this has put you all through.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 27th July 2010, 9:32 pm

Please note: we are not promoting, nor do we advise anyone to use any solicitors mentioned on this site or any others, including Hugh James. We have no affiliation with this firm and have no idea if they're a good firm or not.

In other words: we have never had dealings with them and we will never promote them.

It's the same with surgeons, make sure YOU do your research and NEVER instruct a solicitor or surgeon without doing your research. We all know of girls who have blindly gone with surgeons recommended on other forums and have ended up with life-threatening problems.

If you do go with this certain solicitor, please be aware that we hold no responsibility for any outcomes, good or bad. You go with them at your own risk.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix 6th August 2010, 9:08 pm

Hi i am a bit late replying on this, i have contacted Hugh James, but after reading this will continue to look around to make sure what i am doing is right. I have never done anything like this before so am going to be really careful and double check everything.

Thank you ladies for all your good tips Contacted solicitors today, feel quite down today 321562
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down