Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GP contacted me re: BA, feels I should not have...

+3
mandyjs
Scatty247
melstar82
7 posters

Go down

GP contacted me re: BA, feels I should not have... Empty GP contacted me re: BA, feels I should not have...

Post by melstar82 16th January 2013, 6:34 pm

Hello,

I just wanted to know if anyone had any experiences of being turned down for surgery?

When I have my consultation at mybreast they asked if I was happy to disclose my consultation to my GP, I said yes. I didn't have a problem with this. I have epilepsy and discussed my medication with Simon Withey at the consultation. To be honest I didn't really think anything more of it as I know I will have an anaesthetic review prior to going ahead with the surgery.

Unfortunately I did have a seizure at the weekend, prior to then it had been a year since a previous one and it was controlled. So things have changed slightly after my initial consultation.

Today I had a telephone call from my GP stating that they had received received a letter from mybreast outlining the consultation. She then went on to tell me that she would be recommending I wasn't fit for the surgery due to the recent seizure. can my GP actually stop this going ahead? I understand my health is of the utmost importance and will always consider this and put it first. I just feel gutted that it's not going to be possible now :(

I know nobody is a Doctor here but i'd be interested in any views and advice would be helpful

XXX
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 299

Back to top Go down

GP contacted me re: BA, feels I should not have... Empty Re: GP contacted me re: BA, feels I should not have...

Post by Scatty247 16th January 2013, 6:45 pm

I'm afraid I would follow doctors advice the surgeon won't go ahead without consent I have health problems and am on beta blockers I had to get a letter saying I was ok to have surgery. Did you actually book an appointment with your doctor yourself or just let them contact? I'd book an appointment to see the doc face to face to find out why. Cosmetic surgeons here will not put you at risk if you have had a seizure so recently you may be better going with a private hospital that is equipped than a purely cosmetic place. Xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

GP contacted me re: BA, feels I should not have... Empty Re: GP contacted me re: BA, feels I should not have...

Post by mandyjs 16th January 2013, 6:50 pm

I'd want to discuss it with the PS and the anasthestist first and see if they thought you were safe for surgery rather than just taking the GPs word for it. I'm sure if the anaesthetist thought you were at risk they wouldn't proceed with surgery.
M x
mandyjs
mandyjs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 16th January 2013, 6:57 pm

I was refused twice....

Although if it was me I would speak to your consultant in charge of your epilepsy and ask for him to liaise with your ps.
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th January 2013, 7:40 pm

I don't think its your GP alone that puts a stop to your surgery hun, its your medical condition, how its affecting you at this present time and whether or not your GP, surgeon and anaesthetist feel you're fit for surgery.

This is elective surgery and your health and well being is far more important than having a BA. I know that's hard to hear right now sweetheart when the one thing you want more than anything is new boobs, but don't lose hope!

I think you have to be fit free for a year do you? So maybe then if your epilepsy is under control you can try again... Its bloody Murphy's law that you'd have a fit right before this and my heart truly goes out to you, but getting you surgeon to work alongside your GP and consultant goes a long way to helping you to fulfill your dream sweetness, so don't give up!

Sending HUGE hugs and hoping with all my heart that things work out for you. Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by vixylyx 16th January 2013, 7:44 pm

Yes if you do have a consultant for your epilepsy they will be better equipped to deal with this and advise your surgeon, if not they will most likely follow your GPs recommendation. But do have a chat with your GP about it.
vixylyx
vixylyx
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 16th January 2013, 7:51 pm

I've made an appointment with the consultant that deals with my epilepsy to have a chat about my medication etc so will see what they say. I imagine they will say i'm not fit and want to wait a certain length of time like you say Cookie. typical it happens now, was fine for over a year. Been saving for ages for this and thinking about it since I was 18. i'm going to try not to over think it all until i've had my appointment and met with Simon Withey again. Thanks for the input girls :)
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 16th January 2013, 8:00 pm

Scatty: My GP contacted me. It happened while I was at work so I had a few blood tests and went home, all were ok. I just slept it off. Maybe I will need some sort written correspondence too, I will see.

Mandy: You're right. It's the anaesthetist's job, what they're trained to do! Will have a good chat with Simon when I go again and see where I am with it all. Having everything crossed, know I need to be sensible though :)

Kuruchullachis: If you don't mind me asking, why did you get turned down?

X

melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 16th January 2013, 8:26 pm

I had an eating disorder for years and was in the process of recovering.. I was discharged from weekly appointments 18 months after surgery.. My therapist said she would of agreed to me have it but the psychiatrist I saw once said he was ok with it but wanted to make sure I was in best condition which was fine.. I just found ways round it nit something I'd ever recommending doing and my condition was nt as serious as yours I would definitely speak to your consultant though he maybe able to she'd more light on it.. It just means you have something to look forward to xxx
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 16th January 2013, 8:35 pm

You must have had a long and difficult journey recovering. All the best to you, well done for getting through that :) Going to wait and to get advice from the consultant and anaesthetist, which is what I knew I had to do really! Just wanted to get the views of the girls on here. Always great for support and an ear when it comes to BA stuff!!! :)
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th January 2013, 8:47 pm

I had to get the all clear from the anaesthetist for my last op babe. I have an auto-immune condition and m on quite a lot of medication. It turned out OK for me sweetheart, so hoping the same for you. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 16th January 2013, 9:11 pm

Thanks Cookie :) Me too. Will listen to the experts, whatever they say. Have everything crossed! Wasn't planning until April anyway, maybe will just be a bit longer

XXX
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by katielou2111 16th January 2013, 9:39 pm

How awful for you hunni, but you must trust these people have your best interests at heart, its not their intention to stop u having a boob job but it is their intention to keep you save. I know when u want something its sooooo hard when its not happening but it will do. Believe in fate because you might of had the fit during the procedure so maybe your time is just a little bit futher into the year :))) but you do right seeing your PS first maybe try a private hospital like said above where they are more prepared. Hope you get a answer soon xxxx
katielou2111
katielou2111
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 16th January 2013, 9:55 pm

Thanks for the supportive word katie, appreciated. Safety 1st. Have an appointment on the 31st so should get some answers then and have some sort of a goal to look forward to. The hospital is a private hospital. But hospital anaesthetic departments and anaesthetists' would be prepared for patients who pose more of a risk. I'd feel reassured being in safe hands. Will keep everyone posted. Am looking to make a diary and take some pre and post op pics which are always great for people. I know gain a lot having a browse through people's experiences that;s for sure! Thanks again lovely.

XXX
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by katielou2111 16th January 2013, 10:01 pm

Ohr so glad you feel happy where your going. Pics trails are good im still a newbie so cant see them on here but i do look at alot of before and afters and ive taken one of mine before, feel sick looking at it though it takes alot of courage i think to put befores up especially when they look like mine ha ha. After two children mine disapeared with the weight loss and never came back xxx
katielou2111
katielou2111
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 16th January 2013, 10:13 pm

I'm still a Newbie too so can't access picture rails yet either. The rate i'm asking questions i'll be a top poster soon! haha! Have you had any consultations yet? It's takes a hell of a lot of guts putting pre pics up. I keep thinking it will help people of a similar shape, size. Must have been difficult seeing your boobs go, your body changes enough as it is having kids! My boobs just never grew! My sister is a natural 32E! Stole my share! haha :) We will get the boobies of our dreams soon I hope! Until then it's rice bags ahoy!!!!
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 17th January 2013, 9:25 am

I'm sure I remember at my consultant not with the ps with the coordinator that because of my condition I may need to have surgery at a hospital with a high dependency unit on site, I think that's what transform were worried about they can deal with little emergency s but I would need to be taken to nearest hospital if anything happened past there expertise or ability ie machines meds needed. I really do agree with everyone go and see your hospital consultant and your doctor and get letters from them stating your condition. I had to get one from my doctors saying what my condition was that I was safe to have a GA and that my condition was controlled or they wouldn't operate. Also transform paid for me to have an ECG at a private hospital a few weeks beforehand to be sure, don't give up as they will do whatever they can but your health is the upmost importance xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 17th January 2013, 10:00 pm

Ah ok, yeah that makes sense with your cardiac history. Waiting for my appointment with the neurologist to come through and then have appt with PS 31/01. Will see. Thanks for all the advice girls and taking the time to reply to my post. Feeling better about it all now! Had a big grump yesterday! Positive thoughts :) XXX
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by katielou2111 17th January 2013, 10:15 pm

Yeh hunni big fat positive thought : ))) i always believe in getting what i want ha ha even if there are blips on the way. I have my op on the 26 th jan paying tomorrow getting scared now xx
katielou2111
katielou2111
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 17th January 2013, 10:23 pm

Hopefully the universe will send me some positivity back!!!! Good luck girly. You must be feeling a whole bundle of excitement and nervousness. All set now! Keep us posted about your progress :)
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by katielou2111 18th January 2013, 1:13 pm

Will do hunni such a great web site im always on here love allll information people give and love trying to send positive thoughts out. Xxx
katielou2111
katielou2111
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th January 2013, 1:40 pm

Scatty247 wrote:I'm sure I remember at my consultant not with the ps with the coordinator that because of my condition I may need to have surgery at a hospital with a high dependency unit on site, I think that's what transform were worried about they can deal with little emergency s but I would need to be taken to nearest hospital if anything happened past there expertise or ability ie machines meds needed. I really do agree with everyone go and see your hospital consultant and your doctor and get letters from them stating your condition. I had to get one from my doctors saying what my condition was that I was safe to have a GA and that my condition was controlled or they wouldn't operate. Also transform paid for me to have an ECG at a private hospital a few weeks beforehand to be sure, don't give up as they will do whatever they can but your health is the upmost importance xx

From what I've found Transform will refuse high risk patients because they don't have a high dependency unit in their hospitals. I've seen quite a few women being refused but have been able to have their BA in hospitals such a BMI who do have such facilities there.

Were I personally found to be a 'high risk' patient, which was was a concern of my own before I had my BA . I had to go through ECGs (which i had at the clinic (Crosby) and all that too as well as having to be granted permission from the anaesthetist and I was told no, I'd personally be thankful that those checks were so thorough and because hey aren't equipped to deal with high risk patients they refuse them. Better to refuse than to ever take a chance with your life. Xx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 18th January 2013, 8:40 pm

cookie wrote:
Scatty247 wrote:I'm sure I remember at my consultant not with the ps with the coordinator that because of my condition I may need to have surgery at a hospital with a high dependency unit on site, I think that's what transform were worried about they can deal with little emergency s but I would need to be taken to nearest hospital if anything happened past there expertise or ability ie machines meds needed. I really do agree with everyone go and see your hospital consultant and your doctor and get letters from them stating your condition. I had to get one from my doctors saying what my condition was that I was safe to have a GA and that my condition was controlled or they wouldn't operate. Also transform paid for me to have an ECG at a private hospital a few weeks beforehand to be sure, don't give up as they will do whatever they can but your health is the upmost importance xx

From what I've found Transform will refuse high risk patients because they don't have a high dependency unit in their hospitals. I've seen quite a few women being refused but have been able to have their BA in hospitals such a BMI who do have such facilities there.

Were I personally found to be a 'high risk' patient, which was was a concern of my own before I had my BA . I had to go through ECGs (which i had at the clinic (Crosby) and all that too as well as having to be granted permission from the anaesthetist and I was told no, I'd personally be thankful that those checks were so thorough and because hey aren't equipped to deal with high risk patients they refuse them. Better to refuse than to ever take a chance with your life. Xx

I was told exactly same cookie at my very first consult with coordinator she told me it was doubtful I could have a BA as they won't touch anyone with heart problems but luckily after speaking to surgeon she said they might if I get permission from my doctor or hospital consultant and an ECG which at first I was told I would have to pay for at the priory but they just sorted it and paid for it. I'm glad they are so strict too because it is all down to our well being, the last thing they want is a media story of something happening during surgery xx

Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 18th January 2013, 9:50 pm

Oh god, of course. People need to be refused if they're not fit / safe to be anaesthetised, especially if the work isn't essential. To be honest i'd rather not have surgery in a hospital which wasn't fully equipped to deal with high risk patients. Even seemingly 'healthy' people can change. 100% right Cookie :)

X
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th January 2013, 10:13 pm

:ok: xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down