Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking

+4
bumblebabe
izzie37
Astrapuss
anniexx5
8 posters

Go down

Smoking Empty Smoking

Post by anniexx5 6th July 2010, 11:52 am

I've left giving up smoking a bit late my op is on the 31st july, but i'm finding it really hard to give up, but this morning i have stubbed out my last fag, eek.
I'm not sure how long it will last but so far so good.

When i had my first consult with transform it was never mentioned about having to stop smoking but i also had a consult with harley medical group and she said i had to stop 2 weeks before and for at least 2 weeks after.

My question is do you really have to totally give up smoking or can you just cut down???
anniexx5
anniexx5
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Smoking Empty Re: Smoking

Post by Astrapuss 6th July 2010, 2:53 pm

Hi, I'm a non smoker but I've read somewhere that smoking massively increases the odds of getting a complication, in particular an infection.

I've been told to stop drinking 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after.
Astrapuss
Astrapuss
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by izzie37 6th July 2010, 3:01 pm

Hi anniexx5, i was a smoker until 3 months ago, i went on the patches and gave up that way, its true that it does increase your chance of complications with breast augmentation if you smoke as you are more inclined to have a capsular contracture, or risk an infection, i think its about 1% risk in a non smoker as opposed to 5 - 10% risk in a smoker, this is what spurred me on to quit as well as the money aspect. I would give it a go if i were you, its could be the inspiration you need to quit hun.

good luck xx
izzie37
izzie37
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 469

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebabe 6th July 2010, 3:04 pm

im afraid i didint stop either, but i didint smoke taylors just roll ups, and cut right down,
i have stopped and started loads over the years so no how hard it is, i couldent cope with giving up on top of the surgery stress, my ps wasnt happy with me, ive been ok im 5 wks po,

the patches are really good, they helped me before,
bumblebabe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 694

Back to top Go down

Post by anniexx5 6th July 2010, 3:53 pm

Thanks for the replys, it's been about 8 hours and so far so good. Smoking 184153 .
I've tried to give up so many times, i'm usually ok for the first 4-5 weeks and then the cravings really start to kick in, strange i know its meant to be the first week thats the worst. Its the thought of never having another one again,i think, I actually like smoking and i love the smell even after i have given up.

I have the patches on at the momment and i'm hoping the boob job is the incentive i need to make me quit,
Fingers crossed it works.
anniexx5
anniexx5
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyb1709 6th July 2010, 5:03 pm

hi annie

keep it up..................i smoked for 12 years and for the last 8 years roll ups love the smell and taste................i gave up 3 weeks prior to my surgery and i havent looked back...................its been really tuff and actually say it quite depressing as you cant exercise to work off the extras you put in your mouth ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but i am at the point in my life to turn things around i dont want cigs to rule me i am my own boss and i love the fact i have lost 9lbs and 4 inches from my waist since getting back to excersise......................i love the fact i can run for 20 mins and not stop plus other physical activities .............i can breath and i am so proud.................................dnt give up if you have stopped for 4/5 weeks before why go back???? keep your chin up and spend your extra money on new bras

wishing you all the best in a very very tough task
jenny xxxxx
jennyb1709
jennyb1709
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by mellie76 6th July 2010, 6:05 pm

hey anniexx5,
i know how you are feeling. i have to quit too......or cut down a lot! i smoke around 15 roll-ups per day, and i am on the pill. i think it can increase the risk of blood clots during surgery and delays the healing process.
have been very good the last week and have not had any booze.
best of luck with quitting the fags x x x x
mellie76
mellie76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 6th July 2010, 6:09 pm

i gave up b4 my op was really hard but i didnt give in and hvnt looked back soon my health is better to cant stand the disgusting things no xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by anniexx5 7th July 2010, 10:10 am

I cant believe i've made it a day so far, i'm at my worst in the morning(and afternoon, and evening,lol) and it doesn't help when the other half lights up on his way out the door, i nearly chased him down the garden for one yesterday, but i will do it, i HAVE to do it..

I'm not really a big drinker anyway, i cant remember the last time i had a glass of wine so that hasn't affected me, but i didn't get told anything at my appointment with transform about what i had to give up, will they mention this at my pre-op on monday??
Thanks for the support.xx
Oh and you dont have to stop the pill before the ba do you???
anniexx5
anniexx5
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 7th July 2010, 2:57 pm

i didnt take the pill so i cant answer this yes they will mentio everything hun at your pre op thats when they told me i would ask bout the pill as we are diff and some are told diff to others xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 8th July 2010, 7:34 pm

Hope you have kept it up hun, it really is for the best and the risk of complications and CC it really is best to quit. I'm still trying. Evil sticks
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down