Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

legal proceedings....PIP Implants

+14
Annie66
tarasmith2010
susieQ
Jessica
COOKIE
leigh6054
bock
lee
natalia
eastla
misf1
pinkbabe
Funkygirl
xxprincessxx
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

legal proceedings....PIP Implants - Page 3 Empty Re: legal proceedings....PIP Implants

Post by missP 12th July 2010, 9:50 pm

Thanks again Cookie, I love this site, you are always quick to answer everyones posts, I dont know how you do it but it helps so much when we are on here and worried.

I did try a & e lol, when my breasts were feeling really sore.
I got there at 930pm, they gave me a cubicle very quickly, they rushed in some machine that checks the heart and stuck pads on me, I thought, this has nothing to do with breast implants. Anyway, I was in that cubicle until 330-400am in the morning, no joke, and I was hearing drunks and all sorts making noise outside in other cubicles as you can imagine at this time of the night. A couple times I left the cubicle to ask if I was being seen soon and I was told yes and that I could not leave if I was getting chest pain.
Eventually at the time stated, a doctor came to see me and told me they kept me longer because wanted to be sure I wasnt having heart trouble, didnt make sense because no one looked in on me all night. I said again I thought it was implant related, she said shed have a look, she clinically examined them, said they felt fine and that I could go, said could take ibuprofen for the pain and was also good for inflammation. I left there feeling such an idiot and still with breast pain.

I have considered contacting my local MP but I thought that this would not be taken seriously, I paid private to have them put in and alot of people would think that I should pay to have the problem with them sorted too.

Really appreciate you being here to answer my posts, you have experience, been there yourself.

Take Care, MissP. xx
missP
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

legal proceedings....PIP Implants - Page 3 Empty Re: legal proceedings....PIP Implants

Post by COOKIE 12th July 2010, 10:27 pm

To be honest hunni, I'd approach your GP about this being a 'health issue' rather than a 'PIP issue' tell her you're in pain and if the pain as indicated by the ultra scan is not a rupture then you would like further investigation to find out what is causing the problems.

I'm not saying for one moment this is the case with you hun, but I'm sure docs are aware of ladies with PIPs wanting a diagnosis of a rupture to enable them to claim a free re-op, they know without this, ladies wanting the implants replaced will again have to fund the op themselves (I personally think all re-ops should be free regardless of a rupture) so, maybe it would be best to take a different approach hun to gain further investigation and in doing so, if you do have rupture, this will be detected in this way I'm sure.

When I spoke of contacting your MP it was in regard to your care hun and not in regard to the implants - I just feel your GP is being dismissive of the pain you're in since gaining information from the ultrasound that you don't have a rupture and that hunni is wrong, if the tests aren't indicating a rupture then surely further investigation into other possible causes is required. xx.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by missP 13th July 2010, 10:24 am

Thanks Cookie,

I have an appointment with a doctor at my surgery next week, I was going to ask if there was anything they could do to investigate other reasons why Im in pain, my doctor told me it was probably implant related but she thought it would get better on its own.
I have, so far gotten the impression that pain isnt enough for them to investigate unless they see something obviously life threatening. I know what you mean about the docs thinking Im after a free
re-op, the doctor was surprised when I told her I was paying privately to have the implants removed, she asked, "you are able to do this?" Its an awful situation for me, Im in pain and I think what you say is exactly what they are thinking. I was happy with my breasts and hoped I would have these implants for another 7/8 years after hearing other ladies saying theyd had the same implants for so long. I have had no control over the timing of my becoming ill, researching into my pain, relating it to my implants then finding out I actually had PIP implants. I honestly thought that I would find out I didnt have the PIP ones.

I will be paying privately to have them removed/replaced because the pain I have all comes from my breast/chest area and due to this pain and discomfort increasing and not getting any better I dont have any more time to wait for another answer to my condition.
The pain and the swelling lymph nodes and lumps in the area where my implants are doesnt appear to me to indicate any other cause.
I would also question why my right breast has become smaller than the left when they were always the same size even before implants and the implants feel squishy, have less volume and are very rippled.

Rupture or leakage should not still be ruled out by my doctor or the breast clinic because they did not investigate enough, ultrasound is not effective in finding a rupture which is still contained within the scar capsule or where tiny amounts are leaking or where there is implant bleeding.

I will be so please when I am no longer going around in circles explaining my problem and can move on from this nightmare situation.

For me, this is mostly to do with being treated fairly, like an equal human being and so far I have not been treated this way. I am not the wrong doer here and feel victimised.

MissP.
missP
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3