Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having my BA tomorrow on NHS

+15
caz1976
fluffy_bunn1e
Starz-10
zoeb
debiegreen1987
sars3dd
Funkygirl
sexybum
misf1
Cally
Lynnie
abbie
alfie
jojo75
sazzle1710
19 posters

Go down

Having my BA tomorrow on NHS Empty Having my BA tomorrow on NHS

Post by sazzle1710 19th April 2010, 12:50 pm

I got granted for the funding of my breast augmentation through my Primary Care trust (Lincolnshire) last year due to having 34AAA breasts that never developed during puberty from a stomach/pancreas tumour which made me lose alot of weight.

As a teenager, they tried Hormone Replacement therapy at the age of 18 to try and encourage my breasts to grow, however, after a year of treatment, my breasts did not alter in any way, so BA surgery was the only option.

I fell pregnant last year, so they held it off until this year.

I went for my consulation in January and met the surgeon. He discussed the options with me and looked at my breasts and agreed that I was very flat. He also discussed what size I will be getting (you dont get to choose) and said that a 320cc silicone implant would be the size for me, making be a large B cup/small C cup.

I was then put on the waiting list and here I am waiting for my procedure tomorrow in Hull.

I am a little nervous, hospitals and anaethetics dont bother me one bit as obviously I've had a few operations when I was younger. I worry more about complications such as them getting infected. I also have a 7 month old baby, but have made arrangements for her to be looked after for a few days. Iv also cooked and freezed all the meals we'll be eating this week, so I think im ready!

I'll keep you all posted on the results, and good luck to anyone who is trying to get Breast implants on the NHS, it is very difficult ( I actually got refused funding 1st time 4 years ago, even with my extensive medical background), but keep trying and appealing and your voice will be heard.

Being flat chested to me, is not something I want to live with anymore, people dont realise how much it affects us girls with very little breasts mentally, even my partner cant understand how badly its affected my self esteem, but now im getting the figure that I think I deserve.

sarah x
sazzle1710
sazzle1710
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Having my BA tomorrow on NHS Empty Re: Having my BA tomorrow on NHS

Post by sazzle1710 19th April 2010, 12:51 pm

Oh and if anyones got any questions about breast augmentation on the NHS, or what process I went through, then please ask xxxx
sazzle1710
sazzle1710
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo75 19th April 2010, 1:23 pm

good luck tomorrow, i hope it all goes well Having my BA tomorrow on NHS 923101 x
jojo75
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 19th April 2010, 1:42 pm

Good for you hun for continuing with your fight on the NHS, like you say you are now getting the figure you deserve. You sound like you are well prepared for tomorrow, so good luck and please let us know how you get on. xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 19th April 2010, 2:00 pm

good luck. Looking forward to hearing how it goes!
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 19th April 2010, 2:06 pm

Glad you're finally getting your BA hun, well done for keeping fighting for it.

Good luck for tomorrow, it'd great to go home and finally have breasts.... something that other people just take for granted!

xx
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post by Cally 19th April 2010, 3:04 pm

Wishing you all the very best hunny xx
Cally
Cally
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 446

Back to top Go down

Post by sazzle1710 19th April 2010, 3:26 pm

Thanx guys! im so excited now!x
sazzle1710
sazzle1710
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 19th April 2010, 4:02 pm

Good luck, all that hard work in appealing is finally paying off. Hope you have a lovely boobie day.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sexybum 19th April 2010, 5:03 pm

I'm really pleased for you Sarah, you sound like a very worthy candidate! I hope everything goes well for you and that you develop the confidence you deserve! Having my BA tomorrow on NHS 321562

x x
sexybum
sexybum
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 19th April 2010, 5:21 pm

Glad you got your BA granted through the NHS, wishing you all the best for tomorrow Sarah and well done for not giving up and getting your voice heard!

Enjoy your special day and let us know how you get on x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 19th April 2010, 5:36 pm

Good luck, hope it all goes well x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by debiegreen1987 19th April 2010, 8:10 pm

aww good luck with tomorrow let us no how everything goes?.....how soon did you get your date for your opp? x
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by zoeb 19th April 2010, 8:20 pm

Thank you for sharing your story so far, it was really touching to read Having my BA tomorrow on NHS 571992 xx

Wishing you all the best for your op, let us know how you get on,
Zoe x
zoeb
zoeb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 680

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz-10 19th April 2010, 8:30 pm

*GOOD LUCK* for tomorrow, hope everything goes well xx
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by sazzle1710 22nd April 2010, 11:25 am

Having my BA tomorrow on NHS 923101 Well its 2 days since my surgery and Im very very sore!!!!

Surgery went very well, the anaesthetic and morphine made me feel abit queasy for a couple of days and I was actually sick yesterday when I got home, but alls good. Im also on strong antibiotics to prevent any infections.

When I first saw my breasts, I was rather upset, I thought they looked very odd, really wide but dont stick out that much?
This was from a 320cc silicone implant, completely under the muscle on my 34AAA breasts. This was only about 6 hours after surgery and they are very swollen and point outwards towards the armpits (So they look quite far apart in the clevage area!)

But i understand that when they soften, they will look alot better and I should be able to finally get a clevage with a good bra on.

The pain is quite bad, but under the muscle was my only option as I had hardly any breast tissue at all, and you'll be suprised how much you do actually use your chest muscles in everyday tasks., (going to the toilet is hard work!!)
I was stuck in bed last nite needing a wee, and after 20 mins of struggling to get up, I burst into tears as I really couldnt move, without feeling pain then my partner helped me up and I dosed up on painkillers again as sleeping is when I seem to get the worse pain in my back from funny sleeping positions..

I am feeling very positive tho, Im not going to lay in bed all day feeling sorry for myself, I wanted this for such a long time, in fact nearly half of my life, and I still cant believe I've finally got my BOOBIES after being let down before in the past, been dumped by boyfriends, and been pyschologically scarred from my secret of being flat chested. I always used chicken fillets and only my mum and current partner knew about my problem.

Measured myself for the first time in my life, and it looks like I've got 36B maybe a small C in some bras.. Im very pleased.

All you girls out there who suffered the same as me, you are not alone, and I think people should become more aware about what its like to feel disfigured/not feminine, its not just about vanity and I do think its a shame that the process of getting implants on the NHS is so difficult and sometimes heartbreaking.xx
sazzle1710
sazzle1710
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 22nd April 2010, 11:32 am

welcome, hun, glad op went well, hang on in there, it does get better xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 22nd April 2010, 11:43 am

Having my BA tomorrow on NHS 828394 lovely, sounds like you're very pleased, good for you hun!

Glad everything went well, the days do get easier hun, I had overs but was pretty poorly (due to meds and GA) post op and it was a very emotional time. You do get used to doing the infamous "bum shuffle" too, so hang in there.

Lots of rest and happy healing!

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Having my BA tomorrow on NHS Empty can you give me some advice

Post by caz1976 13th May 2010, 2:35 am

hope all is ok with you ,you are so lucky im not getting anywhere with my fight for ba on the nhs,my gp reffered me to a plastic surgeon who said its not available on the nhs i live in the midlands so i went back to my gp who said their is not much else he can do i asked about refferal to the pct which he kind of ignored but he asked me to go to counselling as he said id need to do this if i was ever allowed the op?he is still waiting for the letter back from the surgeon and wants me to make another appointment in two weeks as it should be back by then.He knows how this is affecting me emotionally it affects my whole life as you prob understand,im very small chested a 32 aa im 34 do you have any advice for me so i can get this on the nhs or what to say to my gp as i feel that im getting nowhere do you think that he could refer me to the pct for funding because of the effect its having on my life and distress its causing thx
caz1976
caz1976
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 13th May 2010, 6:01 am

Having my BA tomorrow on NHS 828394 so pleased for you hun xx take it easy and have lots of rest xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by zoeb 13th May 2010, 6:10 am

Sazzie so glad it went well! Having my BA tomorrow on NHS 727935 Take care and rest up. :)

Caz...good luck, keep persevering with it x
zoeb
zoeb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 680

Back to top Go down

Post by OrchidSam 1st June 2010, 2:41 pm

Glad all went well.

I have heard that it does take a while for them to get settled.

Take it easy, hope you are happy with those puppies lucky girl!!
x
OrchidSam
OrchidSam
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiara 17th June 2010, 8:39 pm

Hi Sarah!

That's so awesome you've finally got your boobies!! Here's to the rest of your life...

I'm a 34A and would like to be a C/D. I haven't been able to pay for BA myself so went to my GP this year and am now on the wait list for the psychology assessment. Any advice you have will be much appreciated? No one has ever seen me naked up top, its ruined my past relationships and I don't want it to end my new one!!! BA surgery is all for me but I also do want to be seen as curve and feminine.

Anyways, so happy for you!! Xx
Tiara
Tiara
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Having my BA tomorrow on NHS Empty I had BA on nhs

Post by cleo 18th June 2010, 4:01 pm

I too had my BA on the NHS since having an eating disorder throughout my early 20's i never developed any breasts, being small then a double A cup :( It wasnt easy, it took me 5 years to get given the go ahead, not to mention being sent for psycotherapy sessions.

Ive heared a lot of negative critisism on internet forums regarding girls/women who get this surgery on the NHS and it really angers and upsets me. Half of these critics dont understand how utterly soul-destroying it can be not to have developed any breasts for a young woman. You feel robbed of your feminity, intimate relationships can be difficult, you feel inadequte to others and feel almost a hatred of those who have developed.

what they also dont know is severe lack of breast tissue is a medical condition called Hypoplasmia.
cleo
cleo
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiara 18th June 2010, 9:44 pm

Well said Cleo! Hope all the negaholics read this one day :) xxx
Tiara
Tiara
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 65