Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any advice please?

+4
holly
COOKIE
Funkygirl
Lynnie
8 posters

Go down

Any advice please? Empty Any advice please?

Post by Lynnie 24th January 2010, 8:34 pm

Was just wondering what other people's experiences were of telling their families that they wanted new boobs? I'm 29 yet I feel I can't even talk to my mum about it! It's not like we don't have a good relationship but we don't normally talk about boobs and the like, lol. When I was growing up she seemed really prudish and even referred to sanitary towels as 'thingys' like the word was too embarrassing to say! I've been seriously considering going through it all without telling her but that just seems ridiculous, yet I feel sure she'd go mad and not support me. Help! I don't know what to do. My OH and sister are really supportive but surely my mum should know. I'd be grateful for any advice or shared experiences xx
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Any advice please? Empty Re: Any advice please?

Post by Funkygirl 24th January 2010, 9:05 pm

Hey hun,

I know exactly how you feel. I have the best relationship with my mum, but when I really started thinking about having a BA I was really worried about telling her, mainly because I'm like the baby of the family, I'm 29 mind, but my parents still wrap me up in cotton wool and are very overprotective. I'm the eldest too and they are only like this with me so I guess it's something to do with being the first child, who knows.

Anyway I knew it was going to be difficult and when I told my mum a few weeks back, she just burst into tears. She got really emotional and said that she is so scared something will happen to me. We actually sat and talked about it for hours, I'd done lots of research so we could talk about the procedure, how common a BA is and I told her that I could never do it on my own and would need her support. I explained my reasons for wanting a BA and that she knows how unhappy I have been with my current small chest over the years. I also told her that I had waited for years like she had said, she said they would come one day (everyone has big boobs in my family) and that now it was coming to my 30th bday and I wanted it for myself.

A few days later we talked again and after seeing how much research i'd done and how much it would make me happy, she said she would be there and would support me all the way if it's what I really want. As a extra surprise she said that she would pay for my BA, a gift for my 30th bday.

It can seem a little scary to our loved ones, it's only because they care and love us. I'm sure if you sit down with your mum and talk to her about it and explain why you want this, i'm sure she will understand and be there for you hun. If she doesn't seem supportive at the beginning or is angry, just give her time. In the meantime it's nice that you have the support of your OH and sister, as at times like this we do need those closest to us.

Good luck hun, let us know how you get on. x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th January 2010, 3:38 pm

Your mother sounds like mine babe, she makes up words too to cover her embarrassment! LOL

My mother is also overly critical of me, so I made a point of emphasisng when I told her that I wasn't asking her if it was OK, I just thought she should know - I didn't put it quite as blunt as that LOL but I did make it clear that the decision was made and that I wanted her to know about it, I never did get her support, but I just wouldn't have felt right pressing ahead had I not spoke with my mother about it.

Hope all goes well sweetness. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by holly 25th January 2010, 4:22 pm

Hi Lynnie

I told my parents about my first op when I was 24 after it was already booked and paid for think they were quite shocked as I had never spoken to them about feeling self consious of my chest size. Like you I dont have a bad relationship with them but I guess we are just not that close and have never really spoken about 'feelings'.

The other day when I was filling out next of kin details etc for the hospital occured to me that I havnt told them about my up coming op and I think maybe I should but I might just say its coz something needs fixing and not say its to go bigger otherwise they really will think im mad!

Good Luck with whatever you decide x
holly
holly
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by tizzyt 26th January 2010, 1:40 pm

Hi hun,i actually have never told my parents,or any family for that matter.My mother is of a generation where she definatley would nit approve.I know she would have gone mad at me and in no way would have supported my decision so i decided to go ahead and not tell her.I felt quite sad that she wasn't there to be with me or suport me,but then i realise that we all have different types of mothers and it helped me to accept it.As i only had quite small implants she has never commented on a chage in size,but i think thats because she wouldn't relly look at my boobs and down to the fact that i wore padded bras etc pre op.Good luck in whatever you decide and remember you have your boobie friends on here to support you.x
tizzyt
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 972

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 26th January 2010, 3:06 pm

I was exactly the same. I couldn't tell my parents. Found myself dropping hints rather than just coming out with it.

In the end I had to. They didn't approve one bit but came around eventually.

Just go for it!!
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrymac1 26th January 2010, 4:45 pm

Me and my mum are so close and every time we went shopping I'd moan when trying clothes on about how small my boobs were and she'd agree but then say that if she was as pretty as me then she wouldn't bother about having small boobs which use to really annoy me. Anyway I kept saying that I was going to have them done and I think she realised how much having small boobies effected me so she said just get them done then and stop going on about it. I was shocked and thought right that's it I'm going to.
Within a week I'd booked in to see the surgeon, my mum came with me and was surprised at how much I knew about the BA and was really impressed that I'd researched it all so well. She was even shocked at how small my boobs actually were when I took my bra off. She said she could see why I wanted them done and that although she was worried in case it went wrong, if it makes me happy that's all that counts xxx
kerrymac1
kerrymac1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by fawn 26th January 2010, 5:10 pm

Unfortunately I can't offer much advice to you because my mother has been very supportive of the whole thing thus far. This probably stems from the fact that I inherited my small breasts from her! She only had hers done in her mid-40's and at first expressed that I should at least wait till I have my children, but after I told her that's not an option, she didn't press any further with her opinion. Just talk to your mom and if she gives you any grief, just calmly explain to her that she isn't the one who has to live with your breasts and be happy with them - YOU are! Tell her you need her support and that this is extremely important to you and will likely increase your confidence :)
fawn
fawn
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 27th January 2010, 12:43 pm

I'm so relieved to know I'm not alone! I was thinking about it last night and though how pathetic I was for feeling like I don't dare tell my family! I'm nearly 30 and I'm still scared about telling my mum and dad what I'm going to do if I know they won't approve! lol. I think I probably will tell her eventually but don't think I'll be lucky enough to have their support like fawn, kerrymac1 and Funkygirl. It'll be more the same approach as Cookie and will tell them and make sure they realise I'm not asking their permission. Tizzyt, I've been really tempted to just keep it from them myself but in my case I think my family would notice Boobs Thanks ladies group hug
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down