Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waiting times - NHS

+3
LouLou82
ShootingStar
cg103
7 posters

Go down

Waiting times - NHS Empty Waiting times - NHS

Post by cg103 21st October 2009, 1:40 pm

Breast surgery on nhs for my asymmetrical breasts.....

Im 18 and
recently seen my GP about breast surgery as I am very asymmetrical. Its
been affecting me and my relationships for a long time and fortunately
I was successfully reffered to a hospital to see a surgeon 3rd Nov (One month
after seeing my GP).

Im wondering how long the waiting list may
be, what the process is, and whether I am certain to get the surgery. Any comments would be
grately appreciated. Waiting times - NHS 683328
cg103
cg103
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Waiting times - NHS Empty Re: Waiting times - NHS

Post by ShootingStar 21st October 2009, 1:49 pm

Waiting times - NHS 536278

I was able to go via the NHS if i wanted to and was told 6-12 month waiting list (once i'd been approved for the op) in all it would have been around 18 months wait so not too bad.

It is not certain whether the surgeon will agree to do it for you on the NHS and you may get turned down still so don't hold up your hopes as different areas have different rules.

Sticky is our NHS forum advisor and will be able to help you more, she'll be along soon x x
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 21st October 2009, 3:13 pm

Hi hun 👋

As SS pointed out being referred is not the final hurdle. If your surgeon has agreed to perform your op he will have to write to your local PCT for them to approve the funding.

If you don't mind me asking chick is your asymmetry more than 1 cup size? If it is and you've already satisfied your GP and a surgeon then the chances are you will get funding.

As for waiting lists it's sometimes a case of "how long is a piece of string?". The NHS do have a new initiative to cut waiting times but whether all authorities are using it is a different matter! You can find out more about it here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have asymmetry too (Poland's Syndrome) and if you need anymore help or info please feel free to PM me 😁
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1032

Back to top Go down

Post by cg103 21st October 2009, 3:34 pm

Hey...

My GP was really supportive and reassured me I had all the requirements. I am definately more than 1 cup size, one side of my breast doesnt even fill an A cup.

I'm new to this site, and I was having a browse and read your story Sticky about your Polands Syndrome. How would I know if I had the syndrome, or was just very asymmetrical?

Thanks for all the advice by the way.....Ive waited till I'm 18 to try and get it sorted and Im just so pleased the balls rolling! Waiting times - NHS Icon_lol
cg103
cg103
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 21st October 2009, 3:39 pm

Welcome to the site cg103 Waiting times - NHS 911887
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by cg103 21st October 2009, 3:40 pm

Waiting times - NHS 43418 Thanks!!!!!
cg103
cg103
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 21st October 2009, 3:50 pm

No problem chick :) I am very happy to help!

Poland's causes an absence of chest muscle (pecs) on one side, sometimes it's very small and sometimes there is none at all, unfortunately for me there's none! For me it's the right side, I also have a very asymmetrical ribcage which is a real pain too :suspect: and I had an associated cervical rib removed in my teens.

I've got a link if you'd like to get more info [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Go introduce yourself in the "Hello's" ad have a look around the site. It's a fab bunch of girls here :flower:
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1032

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 21st October 2009, 8:08 pm

Glad you found this site useful cg103. I knew sticky and the girls could help you with info about the NHS.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by missmarie60 7th February 2010, 9:42 pm

i saw my surgeon on the 16th jan (2009) and had the op on the 21st april (2009) so i only waited a couple months so you could get your date thru pretty soon.....i was treated really well in the hospital too and not judged at all, which was one of my worries about having it done on the NHS. its the best thing i have ever done...if your ps has agreed and your gp then you will get it done.....how exciting, i loved the experience of it all and still cant believe i have boobs Waiting times - NHS 923101

all the best.....marie x x x
missmarie60
missmarie60
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan 7th February 2010, 10:40 pm

You should have your surgery 18 weeks after your initial referral otherwise the NHS Trust is investigated and fined. Good news for you but pain the behind for those who have to provide the service( sorry self indulgent nursey moan)
Quote the 18 week rule at every opotunity and you will have it done v quick. Waiting times - NHS 184153

xx
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down