Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Almost 13 weeks post op..

5 posters

Go down

Almost 13 weeks post op.. Empty Almost 13 weeks post op..

Post by Contemptuous 1st January 2016, 2:19 pm

Hi ladies. Hope you're all doing well, and happy new year!

So I've taken the tape off my incisions now (one week early but hey!) and my scars seem pretty flat but they're very angry-looking. What's the best thing I can put on them now? The surgeon hasn't recommended anything and I don't see him until the end of the month. My body is notorious for scarring badly and the surgeon was aware, which is why I think he wanted me to tape the incisions for three months. 

Would coconut oil be any good? I have that already.
Contemptuous
Contemptuous
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Almost 13 weeks post op.. Empty Re: Almost 13 weeks post op..

Post by Macromilly 2nd January 2016, 2:37 pm

Hi Hun - happy New Year to you. If you're prone to bad scarring and your surgeon has had you taped up all this time, I would only use what he / she recommends. Call your clinic and ask before you put anything on them. Just for your info - I've been using a silicone scar gel which I got from my clinic. It's called Kelo-Cote. It was a bit pricey - £38 for a small tube, but you only use a tiny amount. I'm healing well, but then I don't have any history of bad 
scarring. Maybe ask your clinic / surgeon about Kelo-Cote or one that they might recommend. All the best x.
Macromilly
Macromilly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 2nd January 2016, 3:03 pm

In case he does recommend Kelo-cote, I have a brand new one that I bought but never opened. I can't sell it on as the box is all crushed from being in my handbag (had it delivered to work, put it in my bag to take home and then forgot about it) but happy to post on if you can make use of it x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 2nd January 2016, 3:43 pm

If it's pure organic coconut oil then it cannot do any harm to your scars as it's extremely good for your skin. If it is a cosmetic brand of coconut oil then I don't know and would check with ps first, maybe call the nurse. I have used organic coconut oil by the groovy food company since day 1 on skin and on scars from 10/12 weeks. I heal well enough normally but I think the oil is helping as a friend commented that the scar looks older than just a few months. I know that @Hattie also uses that coconut oil on her scars xx
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by Contemptuous 2nd January 2016, 6:50 pm

Thanks for the responses ladies. I've just emailed the office so will see what response I get. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I shall definitely let you know if that stuff is recommended. I've never heard of it! Thank you. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yes it's organic, Virgin, cold-pressed stuff (that I ingest daily anyway) so I might whack a bit on after my shower tonight.
Contemptuous
Contemptuous
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 3rd January 2016, 9:45 am

Great stuff, slap it on xx
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrierowland 3rd January 2016, 5:39 pm

Contemptuous love the avi!!!!

If you ps said keep them on for that long maybe you should keep to that. You don't want to jeopardise your after care. Xxxx
Carrierowland
Carrierowland
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 844

Back to top Go down

Post by Contemptuous 4th January 2016, 4:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thanks! The pic is actually the right way up this time haha.

The PS said to keep the tape on for three whole months "if possible". It was ready to come off last week so I didn't think a few days would make too much of a difference :) I wouldn't have done anything to jeopardise any aftercare, it's not worth the risk. 

I've had a response and he apparently recommends Bio-oil! Quite cheap and cheerful.
Contemptuous
Contemptuous
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down