Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting so annoyed with the clinic...

+7
blush89
kezjb
Roses27
COOKIE
Mammamia
Moocher90
sarahlou222
11 posters

Go down

Getting so annoyed with the clinic... Empty Getting so annoyed with the clinic...

Post by sarahlou222 20th February 2015, 7:08 pm

Ok so adding to the problem that I had the other week with not being able to get through to the right person after not receiving my letter..

The other day I had an email to say that Jackie had been sent on training and wouldn't be meeting me for the pre op tonight, and I would meet someone else (I'll see her next Friday on my second pre op).

This evening I went to the clinic to see 'a nurse'

At 3 O'clock I rang up and paid for the op. she said she would post the receipt but I said there was no need as I was already coming in tonight, she said to pick the letter up from the main reception. I got there and it wasn't there.
I went to the out patients desk, the lady said she would ring the main reception while I was with the nurse... she didn't and I had to remind her on my way out...

THEN they didn't even have me booked in... she had another Sarah, at the same time, so after 10 minutes decided to delete her and thought Jackie made a mistake.. which meant the paper work was wrong...

I went through to see a nurse who knew NOTHING about my surgery, had no idea what I was having done etc.. all she did was took my blood and swaps for MRSA.

Half way through a very loud and rude lady just opened the door and came in shouting about getting the bloods off quick so they go off tonight.... the poor nurse rolled her eyes and apologised.

I really don't know what to do... I'm fuming, how unorganised is this clinic?
What would you do?
Cancel?
Complain?

I'm sooo tired after my week away, I don't know if it's just taken me over the edge when it's nothing, is it nothing? xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Getting so annoyed with the clinic... Empty Re: Getting so annoyed with the clinic...

Post by Moocher90 20th February 2015, 7:14 pm

Aww sarahlou sorry to hear about your bad experience today at the clinic :( x things should get better... To many chiefs and not enough Indians :/ x you know in yourself if it's work related I'm sure everything will be ok x under 2 weeks and your having your BA. It's the surgeon that's the important thing! Incompetence of his staff is a downside but I wouldn't cancel. You have been waiting for a long time don't let his staff ruin your BA experience xx
Moocher90
Moocher90
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Getting so annoyed with the clinic... Empty Re: Getting so annoyed with the clinic...

Post by Mammamia 20th February 2015, 7:19 pm

It's infuriating. But I wouldn't let it make you want to cancel. It's not right, but I go through life astounded by the disarray of companies and services and the incompetence of some people! It might be because my role is so regulated and regimented that I expect things to work out right. I would complain to the spire hq but if you're happy with your surgeon then don't let this tarnish your experience with him. Sounds like another g&t I'd in order!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th February 2015, 7:25 pm

This isn't a clinic we hear much of here, but given its a private surgeon you should expect to have better standards than this. 

Does your surgein have their own secretary you could contact should you need to? They should have so I'd be inclined to find out who they are. 

Ive no idea why you were booked in to have 'two' pre-ops anyway, did they say? You were likely going for the 'other Sarah's' pre-op as well. Lol. 

I wouldn't cancel though. We're all capable of human error and as long as they resolve the mistakes there's really no harm done is there. 

In saying that, I would find out who your 'one point of contact' should be (your surgeons secretary) and I'd put in an official complaint. The clinic should  be aware of these things so they don't happen again. And as I said, for a private clinic this isn't the standard you're paying for. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th February 2015, 7:30 pm

Mammamia wrote:I would complain to the spire hq
This is Ransey healthcare babe. Not Spire. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 20th February 2015, 7:46 pm

Doh no idea what made me think Sarah was going to spire!! Maybe I need the g&t!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 20th February 2015, 7:54 pm

Thank you ladies!! - I knew you would help me out :)

@[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] my consultation was at spire!! but the surgeon works at both and could get me in at Ramsay Health on the week I wanted :)

Thank you for putting me at ease, I was just so angry when I left.

YES he does have a secretary although I have never spoken to her. I left messages twice but she always gets someone else to call me back.. If I call her and have to leave a message again I wont mention what it's about... just that I want to talk to her :)

Thank you for putting my mind at ease xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st February 2015, 3:22 am

It gets confusing doesn't it when surgeons work for different clinics. If you've already had your consultation with a surgein at one clinic, they see no reason to have another at a different clinic if you choose the other clinic where they work rather than the one you had the consultation at. Spire and The Ramsay Health clinic are two separate clinics though. I think we all need a G&T keeping up with these surgeons lol. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you should be direct with the secretary and explain how it gets confusing talking to so many people within the clinic when you'd rather just have direct contact with one. This being the surgeons secretary only. In doing this it would not only save you any confusion but also help to avoid any miscommunication between colleagues when conveying information to you. 

It's really not how a private clinic should conduct themselves. I'm unsure if this particular clinic is relatively new given we haven't really heard about it here, so it's possible they're just finding their feet. That's no excuse though and it's only when they have women like yourself who stand up and make yourself heard telling them what you found to be unacceptable that they'll learn from xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roses27 21st February 2015, 8:22 am

I had my BA at a ramsayhealthcare 
Totally useless bit of info I know but there Ya go 
X
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 565

Back to top Go down

Post by Roses27 21st February 2015, 8:23 am

Go and be that in dependant strong women that you are Sarah, I agree with cookie they don't know where they're going wrong unless someone tells them,
But eeeeeeekkk not long till your op !!!!!!
Exciting !!!
X
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 21st February 2015, 8:28 am

Cookie - what are you doing awake at 3.22am?

Monday morning I am going to call the secretary, I can't believe I have never spoken to her directly before.

I'm not sure if they are new either. The building looks brand new, I'll do some research :)

Roses - Independent strong woman shrug

Thank you xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roses27 21st February 2015, 8:42 am

Sorry was my attempt at a pep talk Hysterical  
Cannot believe how quickly your surgery date is coming round ! How are you feeling about it all ? 
Xx
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Roses27 21st February 2015, 8:47 am

Ok I've had my morning coffee .....
I have to say babe, my experience with Ramsay healthcare has been good, I've always had direct contact with surgeons secretary, but I do think if I had been mucked about like you have I would defo make a complaint be firm and tell them how it's made you feel
When alls said and done you need to feel comfortable and reassured all know what they're doing,
Don't cancel, just make your point hun
Xx
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kezjb 21st February 2015, 8:51 am

I would be asking to speak to whoever you deal with, and if I hadn't paid for my surgery I would be looking to see your surgeon at another clinic.

Surgery is stressful enough as it is (elective or not) and it's these peoples jobs to make sure everything goes smoothly for you.

My worry wouldn't be the here and now, but if you have complications later on, it's all very well when it's going well, but it's if you have any issues you will be relying on them and would need them to be efficient and responsive. I like to get the feeling people actually care when I'm placing my care in their hands.
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by blush89 21st February 2015, 9:33 am

Oh how frustrating :-( I hope you get some answers babe. Sounds so  unprofessional from a admin standpoint! At least you are in good hands with your surgeon, that's what counts! Good luck and hope they pull their socks up!! Xx
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 21st February 2015, 11:54 am

Roses, I didn't realise that you went through Ramsay Health too, I'm so glad you had a good outcome. Which clinic did you use? There are quite a few!
The clinic I'm using had been open since the 80's so I would have thought they've seen a fair few patients.. 

My biggest concern is the aftercare.
I will make a call on Monday to the secretary and will try to resolve all this and hopefully she'll put me at ease for post op too!! fingers crossed 
Thanks everyone!
Xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkleroo 21st February 2015, 12:05 pm

Hope you get it all sorted, what unneccesary stress for you! xx
twinkleroo
twinkleroo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by ACKUGA28 21st February 2015, 12:21 pm

Hi Sarah, sorry Hun you had a bad experience at your pre op, I hope that when you call them on Monday it all get resolved for you and your mind will be put at ease. Xx
ACKUGA28
ACKUGA28
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 21st February 2015, 6:46 pm

Thanks guys, me too! Xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky59 21st February 2015, 7:05 pm

Hope it's all sorted so we can continue to be new buddies!! Testing out my new ticker!
Becky59
Becky59
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 21st February 2015, 7:09 pm

Aww beautiful ticker!! 
Thank you! Xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeniebott 21st February 2015, 8:40 pm

Hi sarahlou

Thought I'd pop in on you too!!  Yeah I would speak to the secretary and make sure she is aware of everything that you have experienced. Tell her that you are also putting your concerns in writing, in an email, and that you would like your surgeon to be aware of them as well. Then ask her to check and confirm back to you that you and the other Sarah's notes are not confused so that you don't end up getting her boobs at your op!!!! That would be a rude awakening!

It might seem a bit much but the surgeon and secretary may not be aware of the chaos going on in the background and also, if God forbid you do experience any more ineptness that affects your surgery experience or outcome then you have a paper trail to back up the whole thing as evidence. 

Weenie xxx I'm not a psycho or anything. I just like to plan ahead for every eventuality. Smike growl Shocked
Weeniebott
Weeniebott
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 21st February 2015, 9:32 pm

I have been writing it all down and I've been told all my phone calls are on the notes as well which I'm glad about.

Haha yes I do need to clarify that.. imagine if she was having a tummy tuck hahaha!

Thank you Give You
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down