Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My uplift experience so far - 4 days post surgery

2 posters

Go down

My uplift experience so far - 4 days post surgery Empty My uplift experience so far - 4 days post surgery

Post by drinkeroftea 14th February 2015, 12:40 pm

Morning girls, 

I have bounced around loads of threads, so I have decided to put everything all together. 

Background - I have lost 6 stone, with another stone to go. I'm 30, no children and will never have children. At my heaviest weight my boobs were a size 38G i think, I had not been properly measured. When I had my consultation in Dec 2014 I had lost 5 stone by then, and my boobs had gone down to a 36F/G. This was measured in M and S, so they had not really decreased at all, just got very saggy. Waist length I used to call them, but with loads of breast tissue. 

Research - Before I came on here, I initially thought that all I would need would be a large implant which my skin could be "fitted" around once it was inserted, and started hunting for surgeons that were known for using big implants. Thank god I found this site!! I soon realised  that I would need an uplift as well, as just inserting a large implant would just cause my boobs to sag again with the added effect of an implant in there, with the skin hanging off it - not the look I was going for! I spent hours and hours reading and researching on here, listing surgeons I was interested in. I had soon decided that I did not want to go with a big clinic, but would much rather prefer to go with a surgeon lead company. This meant restarting my lists again, and looking again on here. I eventually whittled it down to 3 or 4 I think it was. I wanted someone who was on the BAAPS/BAPRAS register, and someone that the girls on here recommended and had a good manner. I am not one for rudeness or abruptness. I then wrote a pro and con list of each of them, and also emailed their secretaries  for further info. Travel was a factor in my decision as I have just moved back home with parents and so I would be relying on my dad to take me, and for any further follow ups. The consultations I could get to myself. I live near London, so anything Manchester way and above was on the back burner, as I couldn't really pop up to see my surgeon if there was a problem.
After starting and restarting many lists, my first choice was Mr Hassan of elite surgical. I then left it a few months until I booked my consultation. 

Consultation - I waited a good few months to book. I also went over all my old lists I ad made again, came on here to carry out more research and was still happy with my choice, so I booked with Mr H. 
During my consultation, Mr H was very thorough. He listened to what my expectations would be and then had a discussion. I was all for having a combined uplift and implant. As I have  mentioned many times on here, Mr H was not happy to do that on me. There was no pressure on me to book, and he advised me to go away, have a think for a few days before I did anything. I wailed on the way home, and then came on here to have a rant. I got some excellent advise as always, and then got my practical head on. I waited a few days to make sure and then booked my uplift for 10th Feb. I am a practical person, and also booked my BA for the 18th May, 3 months after my uplift. Mr H did advise me that I may well be happy enough with the uplift, however I love the upper pole fullness which cannot be obtained by a uplift alone. Booking the BA date as well also gave me a huge incentive to get these last 14 pounds off. 

Surgery day -  I had something to eat at 21:00 the night before and some sips of water at 04:30. Set off at 5am and got to the Hospital at about half 7. By 8 I was taken up to my room. My surgery was for 10:30. I was advised to get undressed and into my gown, which I did. The nurse than came in, and went through my medical questionnaire again, blood pressure and fitted me for some lovely stockings. The anesthetist came in shortly after and introduced himself. I then watched a bit of Jeremy kyle...i know! Mr H came in, took some photos and drew all over me, showing me where my nipples were going to be. He told me that an uplift is one of his favourite procedures to do as you can see the result straight away and it has such a huge difference. He knew that I had also booked in for implants, and said he would take this into account when doing the surgery. I watched a bit more JK, and then a porter stole my bed. About 10:45 a lovely nurse came in and we walked down to surgery. The anesthetist then put a canula in my hand and I was chatting away to him. I soon felt a bit funny and shouted at him that he had given me something. the next thing i remember is waking up absolutely freezing cold, hearing a big blower type noise. I must have thought i was outside as I said something to the nurse about it being a awful howling wind. I was then taken back up to my room and I think I dropped off again. I woke up needing the loo, and tried to get out of bed but was attached to the machine. I buzzed the nurse, who released me and I managed to get up and have a wee. I had lots of water, as I was so thirsty. Then came lunch! Sandwiches have never tasted so good, and a lovely pot of tea. I spoke to my mum and dad and drank more water. I felt absolutely grand, no pain. 

I was so hungry so I also ate two graze snack boxes I had bought with me, then my dinner and then a bag of jelly babies. 

I had some more meds and tried to sleep. I think I got about 2 hours sleep. I dont sleep very well in strange places and I had someone across the way with his telly on loud and his door open. More meds at 7am, blood pressure etc, and then was good to go once the paperwork had been completed. I was out the door by 10am. 

I had packed a pillow in the car, which I placed between my boobs and the seatbelt. The journey home was fine, no pain. Dad and I went shopping, walking around felt good to stretch my legs. I had a scrummy dinner, and went to bed about 22:00. I was so tired and after arranging my v pillow and pillows so I was elevated, I fell asleep. I woke up a few times as my back was agony, no booby pain though. My legs also felt uncomfortably hot as I was still wearing the compression stockings. 

I woke early and came and sat in the armchair downstairs.  I had lots of water and then the belly ache started. I have never had constipation before, and by god it was agony. I hadnt thought about this, and so I didnt have any laxitives or anything. I think i spent about 5 hours in the bathroom,shouting through the door at my poor mum to go and get me some prune juice. She went out and got me some laxitives. I managed to haul myself away from the bathroom and stuffed down loads of dried apricots. With those and the laxitives, I was soon able to go to the loo and felt 100 times better. Still no boob pain, but I now had belly cramps and back ache was it was my totm. 

I had a rubbishy sleep again, as my back, neck and bum all really hurt from having to sleep elevated. I tried only propping myself up a bit, sitting upright etc, but to no avail. 

I went out to a garden center with mum yesterday and had a slow wander round. It felt so good to be out and about and being able to stretch my legs. Still no booby pain. 

Last nights sleep was crap again, managed to last till 4 am, then I went on my side. I was still elevated, and had pillows under my boobs and had a decent sleep still 6am. I am a wee bit concerned as I should be elevated on my back, but I  really struggle getting comfy like that. 

I had a shower today and washed my hair, it was the nicest feeling in the world!! I made sure my dressing were completely dry and put on another bra while I washed my other one. They feel very strange without a bra on, almost like they are going to fall off!. They are absolutely amazing though, I never thought they could look like that. From what I can see under the dressing, they are very bruised, but I am blessed with that lovely paler than pale irish skin which bruises like a peach, so I am not bothered at all.  

I can honestly say I have had no boob pain at all so far. I have been trying to get up and have a walk round the house and move my arms every so often. Today is my last day on the tablets the hospital gave me, so this may not be the case tomorrow! The worst pain for me is my back when trying to sleep. I am still very bloated from the GA, so drinking lots  of water and mint tea to flush it out. I am very conscious about my diet at the moment, so eating little and often, eggs, avocado, chicken, greek yoghurt and loads  of veg to help me heal. Although my pms is kicking in, and I would do damage for some chocolate right now!!!

To all you ladies who have asked if I am happy with just a lift - I am, so very happy. There is still a lot of swelling and they will "drop" a bit once the swelling goes down. However as I want that upper pole fullness, I am still going to have the implants. If i did not want that look, then I would be over the moon with my results, i cannot get over  how amazingly brilliant they look. 

I am such a worrier though, I am now stressing that when I have my BA, I will be in so much pain, I won't like how they look, i will wish I had just stuck with the uplift alone etc. Why can't me head just be normal?!!

xx
drinkeroftea
drinkeroftea
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

My uplift experience so far - 4 days post surgery Empty Re: My uplift experience so far - 4 days post surgery

Post by NikkiJaneT 14th February 2015, 2:16 pm

Great to read your story lovely! Very similar to mine although I had implants at the same time.  I'm not in pain either.  Just tire quickly.  Happy further healing. Look forward to following the rest of your story x
NikkiJaneT
NikkiJaneT
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down