Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just implants when I have been advised uplift also

+6
Emmapinder1983
Rachael1127
COOKIE
Charlii
mrsball
Blondie14
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just implants when I have been advised uplift also Empty Just implants when I have been advised uplift also

Post by Blondie14 20th January 2015, 10:49 am

I recently met with a surgeon to discuss breast implants and was quite upset and shocked when he said I would also need an uplift! I was quite aware my breast are not the most pert but I was sure a Breast implants would help lift them Alittle! I really am concerned about the scars and recovery process of having the lift ! Is there anyone who went for just implants when advised on a lift and have your breast been lifted slightly? Or would you advise to go for it and do the lift and impant? Sorry to go on! I also wanted my breast Pritty big I mean if I'm going to pay all this money I want to see a big difference . I'm currently a 34c lacking volume and sagging slightly due to having a baby I want to be a pert 34 E the surgeon said he wouldn't go that big :-/ please help any advise would be appreciated!
Blondie14
Blondie14
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Just implants when I have been advised uplift also Empty Re: Just implants when I have been advised uplift also

Post by mrsball 20th January 2015, 11:17 am

Hi Blondie welcome to the forum. 

Who was the surgeon you saw? 

As for requiring an uplift and not just implants. Is advisable in some circumstances where it's needed. 
It's just that implants won't lift your breasts they will only give you a bigger version of what you already have.

An uplift would give you a better result of what you're after. 
And again going too big will defeat the object of an uplift , putting a heavy implant into an uplift could cause complications. 

If recommend seeing a couple more surgeons To get their opinion.
Just bear in mind implants will only give you a bigger version of what you already have x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Just implants when I have been advised uplift also Empty Re: Just implants when I have been advised uplift also

Post by Blondie14 20th January 2015, 12:14 pm

It was dr tranor I saw him in Liverpool, I have another consultation with the hospital group on Monday so I will ask for a second opinion then. The reason I thought I might get away with just an implant is that I have seen before and after pics of women with boobs similar to mine and they have got a great result with just implants saying that the last thing I want is to have surgery and end up with bigger sagging breast it's a hard one. I have read some fantastic stories of uplift and implants and am coming round more to the idea! Have you had an uplift? Do you have before and after pics ? Xx
Blondie14
Blondie14
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 20th January 2015, 12:49 pm

I personally havnt had an uplift I have minimal nearly no breast tissue so I've only had implants. 

I know our lovely admin cookie has had an uplift and implants and I. Sure she'll advise you with her personal great knowledge and experience.

Have you a spire/bmi/nuffiled hospital near you, you could have a consultation with? They use baaps registered surgeons and could give you another opinion? 

Xx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 20th January 2015, 1:04 pm

Sometimes if you're borderline, an anatomical implant can give a little lift with the volume, but that's only sometimes depending on the surgeons advice. I think we've actually had a couple girls through here recently who've had the same shock as you, in for an implant, out with an uplift. The best thing you can do right now is get more opinions. Definitely try and see a BAAPS member too. And don't worry about cup sizing, try and focus on a look. What you and your surgeon think are 34Es can be hugely different.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th January 2015, 1:49 pm

Take a look at the diagram below Blondie and compare with your own breasts

Just implants when I have been advised uplift also 54b070f96bdd33afa5a8a9cfdf533e54_zpsfb4533b8

Which would you say compares with your boobs?

If you have a grade 1, 'possibly' grade 2 ptosis, then there is an implant used by surgeons now to help give your nipple a slight lift and it really only will be a slight lift. The implants are 'Conical Implants' 

You can see from the differences between implants, that the conical is a kind of combination of both anatomical and rounds, but the fuller slope is what will help give you the slight lift. 

Just implants when I have been advised uplift also 6fe6bec1f23efd0d4af6fe326b60f681_zps95425092

However....I don't think the larger clinics use these implants, I haven't heard of anyone other than those using private (BAAPS) surgeons using these implants, so as Charlii suggested seeing a BAAPS member and discussing the possibility of using a conical implant may actually help, but this really is dependent on the level of ptosis you have. 

If money is a problem you can see a BAAPS surgeon for as little at £25 - it will be £25 very well spent though Blondie. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachael1127 20th January 2015, 2:35 pm

Cookie, looking at the diagram and trying to work out what the blue line is for? Can you give me a bit of clarity please :) x
Rachael1127
Rachael1127
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th January 2015, 2:42 pm

It's a guideline Rachael. 

Under each picture is a description of the level of ptosis as gauged by the guideline to better help show women if they do have any ptosis that might need taken into consideration when looking into Breast Augmentation. 

If you look at the nipple height against the guideline, this details the level of ptosis for you  X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachael1127 20th January 2015, 2:51 pm

Ahh ok, thanks for clearing that up x
Rachael1127
Rachael1127
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th January 2015, 2:55 pm

No problem hun Smike x
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie14 20th January 2015, 3:17 pm

Thanks everyone for advice. Cookie I have just had a good look in mirror and looking at diagram I would say I am between 1 and 2 a slight lift I think would make me happy . I am defiantly going to look into that type of implant how do I go about meeting with a BAAPS surgeon I am going to spend the next couple of weeks getting my options and then I'm hoping to make decision mid feb! Xxx
Blondie14
Blondie14
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 20th January 2015, 3:59 pm

A spire, bmi or Nuffield hospital will have these surgeons working from them. Also some independent surgeons. Or mybreast x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie14 20th January 2015, 4:11 pm

Thanks I have just requested to book a consultation with my breast , hopefully I can get booked in this week or next then I will have a much better idea what my options are :-D this is another subject really but I don't suppose anyone knows how long surgeons like to wait for you to have stopped breast feeding I stopped breast feeding 4months ago so when I hope to he surgery will be 7months is that ok? Another question I have slight strect marks on my breast will implants help when I strect my skin they do disappear . Thanks in advance for your time and help :-D xx
Blondie14
Blondie14
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 20th January 2015, 4:16 pm

I was borderline uplift, my surgeon choose the conical implant for me. He told me they would give a slight lift, also because I've lost upper fullness this implant will fill it up again and look pert again. Heres my surgeons work using the conical hun [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1270

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachael1127 20th January 2015, 4:44 pm

Emma, do you know any other clinic further up north who use these implants? x
Rachael1127
Rachael1127
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 20th January 2015, 5:04 pm

Sorry hun I dont, maybe cookie and the mod ladies can help x x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie14 20th January 2015, 5:14 pm

Hi Emma I just had a look and really like the work they have done. I am really hoping this kind of implant will suit me ! The only problem with the surgeon you have used is the distance away it might be something I consider though to travel worth it to get the results I want! There are no prices on the website link do you mind me asking how much you paid for your conical implants and are you happy with the resilts ? Xx
Blondie14
Blondie14
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 20th January 2015, 5:23 pm

It's Around 3months after you've stopped breast feeding completely.

X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 20th January 2015, 5:25 pm

Hiya hun, I paid £4100, this includes bra straight after surgery. Appointment with Mr garrick georgeu is £100, and if you need another appointment after its free. I had my surgery at the chelmsford private hospital, if you go to London its a lot more. At the moment I'm bandaged up, and I finally get to see them tomorrow, I've had a peek and I'm very happy with the size, I hac 300cc medium profile, also I was a day case x x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 20th January 2015, 5:52 pm

Rachael1127 wrote:Emma, do you know any other clinic further up north who use these implants? x
Hi Blondie!
Im in Birmingham and my surgeon uses these implants. He is baaps registered. A consultation with him is usually 125 but they are doing a thing where if u are referred to them by an existing patient you can have he consultation for free by mentioning my name :)

Mods, I hope that doesn't count as advertising??? Just trying to help.
Jen x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 791

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th January 2015, 6:24 pm

Blondie14 wrote:Thanks everyone for advice.  Cookie I have just had a good look in mirror and looking at diagram I would say I am between 1 and 2 a slight lift I think would make me happy . I am defiantly going to look into that type of implant how do I go about meeting with a BAAPS surgeon I am going to spend the next couple of weeks getting my options and then I'm hoping to make decision mid feb! Xxx
You're up my neck of the woods and if you're interested I'd be very happy to recommend my surgein if you'd like. 

He's an ex BAAPS president and one of the best in the UK. He will charge a fee of £150 and can be found I think the best closest to you would be his Chester/Warrington office. His name is Douglas McGeorge. 

Please feel free to ignore though and choose whoever you feel best suits yourself Blondie. This is a big decision to be making and you want to get it right don't you. 

If you'll find the BAAPS website HERE , click on 'find a surgeon' then clicking on the surgeons names that come up you can see their qualifications along with all their places of work. With any BAAPS surgein though you have an assurity that they're at the top of their game, they will have had or held a position of consultant within the NHS and all will have been trained to BAAPS standards. It hey're regulary checked on so if a surgeon is not up to standard - they're out the door!  

Blondie14 wrote:Thanks I have just requested to book a consultation with my breast , hopefully I can get booked in this week or next then I will have a much better idea what my options are :-D this is another subject really but I don't suppose anyone knows how long surgeons like to wait for you to have stopped breast feeding I stopped breast feeding 4months ago so when I hope to he surgery will be 7months is that ok? Another question I have slight strect marks on my breast will implants help when I strect my skin they do disappear . Thanks in advance for your time and help :-D xx

MyBreast only use BAAPS surgeons so you're assrd youre going to be to be seeing a good surgeon and they'll only charge £25 no matter who you see. 

7 months post- breastfeeding will be just fine to be having your Breast Augmentation.

Yes, I had stretch marks too after breastfeeding. My Breast Augmentation did help such a lot and they look so much better now that they're stretched than they did before. They'll really look so much better. yes Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie14 20th January 2015, 6:32 pm

Really appreciate everyone's help here! I will look them all up and arrange some consultations now :-D. I am Alittle wary of paying that price to see the surgeon if I'm not 100% going with them! I will have a good think about it though as it may work out better for me in long run.... Jen could you tell me name of your surgeon so I can look them up and I'll get back to you it does sound good to me :-D cheers girls xxxx.
Blondie14
Blondie14
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 20th January 2015, 7:14 pm

As for the fee, it's well worth it, for having their time and expertise and you'll alwYs have direct access to them also. 

And if you do choose to have surgery with the surgeon you've paid a fee with you can always ask if you choose to go with them if they'll deduct the dee from the final price. 
it's worth an ask, if they do great it's a bonus x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 20th January 2015, 7:25 pm

Hi,
Some members have their surgeon's name & implant size  below their avi pic, think Jen has hers listed. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachael1127 20th January 2015, 9:42 pm

Jen23 wrote:
Rachael1127 wrote:Emma, do you know any other clinic further up north who use these implants? x
Hi Blondie!
Im in Birmingham and my surgeon uses these implants. He is baaps registered. A consultation with him is usually 125 but they are doing a thing where if u are referred to them by an existing patient you can have he consultation for free by mentioning my name :)

Mods, I hope that doesn't count as advertising??? Just trying to help.
Jen x

Thats great, still a little way for me to travel but i think by the information ive looked at today these are going to be the best type for me. Thanks for your help x
Rachael1127
Rachael1127
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next