Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wait is over!

+6
hh2121
samlr87
Charlii
mirren001
COOKIE
TSmith
10 posters

Go down

Wait is over! Empty Wait is over!

Post by TSmith 24th November 2014, 10:34 pm

Hey ladies, its been months since I've written on here! I've been on to have a read occasionally but now I thought id let ya'll know whats going on with me.

Its been another long journey to get to where I am. I've had complications pretty much as soon as I had my first op which was back in Nov 2011.. Anyways I went to the doctors to get seen at the hospital (public system/nhs?) but they declined me!! I have no clue why as what im experiencing is definitely health issues to do with my implants. I've had infections - mastitis 9months AFTER finishing breast feeding (fully dried up so am clueless as to why I started producing again) I couldnt even produce enough milk in the first place - not sure if its implant related however. I am now certain I have a rupture from rotation and folding of my left implant. I am experiencing horrible stab pains and dull aches that never stop, puckering and hardness around the edges of the implant.. I get tingling sensations down my arm. After waiting over a year to get seen by someone, my ACC ( Accident Compensation Corporation ) claim has finally been accepted and my surgery will be covered without a cost!! :) - my first op also didn't cost me anything as that was through the public system (nhs?) due to asymmetry but now I will be taken up north to go through privately without having to pay anything.. flights, accommodation, taxis, consultation, surgery ALL paid for by ACC!! 

My consultation is on the 27th (2days!!) and I am looking forward to this sooo badly.. I even turned down xfactor because this is more of a priority to me at this stage lol 

When im back, i'll let you know what surgeon says and whats going to happen next

wishing you all have a lovely day/night wherever you are in the world hehe
x
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1252

Back to top Go down

Wait is over! Empty Re: Wait is over!

Post by COOKIE 24th November 2014, 10:42 pm

Hello stranger wavey

Awwww I'm thrilled for you that everything is coming good. You've waited an incredibly long time for this so you deserve everything to go right this time so you can just relax and enjoy 'em. 

Looking forward to reading what your surgeon says. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 24th November 2014, 11:17 pm

Good luck with your consultation., glad things are heading in the right direction for you. Hug XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 25th November 2014, 9:17 am

That's fantastic news! Let us know how it goes :)
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by samlr87 25th November 2014, 1:46 pm

glad to hear everything is finally coming together for you :) good luck x
samlr87
samlr87
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 247

Back to top Go down

Post by hh2121 26th November 2014, 8:32 am

Good luck with your consultation! Looking forward to hearing the rest of your story! Xx
hh2121
hh2121
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 27th November 2014, 10:21 pm

Im back! the surgeon was absolutely AMAZING.. he really knew his stuff and made me feel like im going to make the right decision.
Now he's going to write to ACC for them to apply for both implants to be replaced so im just hoping they will accept everything.

He said lefty has definitely folded over and wasn't convinced it had ruptured (will find out once its out) and righty is waaay too wide for my frame and because its a expanding implant, its just stretched my skin really thin in the cleavage area so can feel and see it.. 

So hes going to go under the muscle next op and ive choosen to have rounds with a higher profile plus the same volume but more projection hes going to move my right nipple a couple cm's to the centre and put some collagen into the cleavage area to build it back up and put some stitches in to get the right groove where breast fold normally is (apparently a very difficult procedure) and my left side hes going to do a mastopexy (lift) as my naturel breast is just hanging off the implant. Looking at a wait of around 6 weeks to hear back from ACC but have already made my preop appointment for Feb 18 2015.

Things seem to be looking up for me ladies!! about time too. Hope all of you are doing well :)

x
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 27th November 2014, 10:27 pm

That's fantastic news! I'm so pleased for you, and it sounds like he knows what he's doing. Fingers crossed it keeps going well!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 28th November 2014, 8:32 pm

That's fab news! you must be so relieved! I'm so pleased for you, New Boobs in the New Year!  dance    XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th November 2014, 9:25 pm

Ooooo you could be having surgery around the same time as me. My pre-ops booked for the 16th of Feb - we could be Feb buddies! Cheerleader

So good to read everything's going your way hun. Keeping fingers crossed they agree to both implants for you. Sounds like your surgeon sure has his work cut out for him, so it's the least they could agree to isn't it! fingers crossed
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 26th December 2014, 9:38 am

I could not be anymore devastated! got a call the day before Christmas from ACC telling me that they wouldn't accept getting both implants replaced.. I honestly had my hopes set on this to just breeze on by with everything going right but now im lost and have never been so upset. 

Im already struggling with depression (mostly to do with boobs and previous abuse etc etc) and trying my hardest not to cut my thighs again - my daughter is my rock right now making me hold it together.

I just don't understand as to why they wouldn't do it!! how can I even have one side done if its going to be totally different implants and placement to the other side??.... there is no point unless I pay for it which I am not capable with at all in this stage in my life :(

Please give me some reassurance everything will be alright because as of now, I feel like my world is caving in on me.
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 27th December 2014, 2:03 pm

Hey hun sorry to read you've been messed around. If it were me I'd go back to the surgeon to see if there are any options to have just one side done, I'm sure he can offer a good suggestion. Everything will be alright though. One way or another everything will sort itself out. Just have faith and focus on everything that makes you happy, like your daughter. If you are struggling maybe see your dr/gp too. Hugs x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by kezjb 27th December 2014, 3:49 pm

Sorry to hear it hasn't gone as well as expected. 
As Mammamia said talk to your surgeon, I'm sure he will think of something.
I think Jodie what's her face has messed it up for everyone!
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th December 2014, 4:51 pm

Do you have the right to appeal there Tsmith? If you do then get started on that process beginning on contacting the surgeon you saw and requesting a supporting letter. 

Money for hospital resources is very tight everywhere right now. Here in the UK it's almost impossible now to have your boobs done through the NHS and women are having to fund this sort of surgery themselves now as you're finding there in New Zealand also. 

I think also a visit to your doctor might help too getting them also to write a support letter explaining the affect this is having on your mental state too. Your doctor will hopefully also refer you on to get help whilst you're going through so much stress and just maybe arrange a support network for you to be there for you. Your daughter is a good focus but sometimes in life we need a little more just to help us through. 

I sincerely hope an appeal is the next step for you Tsmith, but if not it's not the end of the world. We've had women go through pretty much the same as yoursekf having only one Breast revised and them having to fund the other themselves so if that's your only option GO FOR IT Tsmith! This way you're half way there!!! Pop a fund raiser ticker on your signature and sell anything you no longer use! Babies grow fast and there's always clothes and toys to sell on and you'll be amazed how fast the money comes in. 

"Where there's a will....there's ALWAYS a way"

We will be here to support you through every dollar you make and give you a focus there too. 

No matter the decision lovely your surgery IS doable! So chin up hun. Go see your surgeon and your doc and take things from there. I hope with all my heart you get the all clear for both breasts but if not.... You WILL get through this and you WILL have the boobs you want. It may take a little longer but you WILL have them. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 25th January 2015, 9:54 pm

Finally!!! Everything seems to be coming into order. Turns out the only thing I need to pay for is JUST the right implant  yahoo ACC is paying for all the surgery required on BOTH boobies and the left implant!! so it will be around $1700 to $2000. YAAAAY cant believe it.

Bring on the 18th Feb for my pre op!!!.. looking forward to knowing what im going to get next hehe dance

x
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Candice85candy 25th January 2015, 10:00 pm

Just read up on this thread. That's great news Hun!
Glad everything has worked out for you :) xx
Candice85candy
Candice85candy
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 25th January 2015, 10:02 pm

Yey, that's great news! Pleased for you :)
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachael1127 25th January 2015, 10:19 pm

Such great news! Bet its such a relief for you, congratulations and i hope you get the results you want xx
Rachael1127
Rachael1127
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 25th January 2015, 10:36 pm

Thanks ladies, I could not be happier!!  xx
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th January 2015, 10:52 pm

Wonderful news sweetie. Really pleased for you. It's ben a long road hasn't it Tsmith and it must feel soooooooo good to finally be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 25th January 2015, 11:05 pm

That's Fab news! I'm glad it's all worked out for in the end!   dance  XXX
mirren001
mirren001