Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Capsular Contracture

+7
KayDeeStafford
sharonmcc1979
Charlii
Hellsbells
tinkerbell24
loui1981
COOKIE
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Capsular Contracture - Page 2 Empty Re: Capsular Contracture

Post by KayDeeStafford 21st August 2014, 8:00 pm

No problem Cookie and I do agree with you there. I do wish they would offer more comprehensive info to patients though, so many people do no real research at all it's shocking to me :/ All though that being said, it falls in to the category of taking responsibility yourself!

I was petrified of overs tink but they are amazing! My complications first time were very much like yours and the swap to overs fixed everything in an instant, the recovery was a walk in the park and they looked and felt amazing right away. My only regret with overs was not getting them in the first place!
KayDeeStafford
KayDeeStafford
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 296

http://www.noobiestoboobies.blogspot.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 21st August 2014, 10:01 pm

Being on phone as iPad is needing charged I can't add link but have found some interesting reading surrounding Acellular dermal matrix being used in breast surgery to help prevent /minimise the risk of cc etc.  Heart
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 22nd August 2014, 7:59 am

Sorry if this sounds negative but this thread has got me thinkin, say even the lucky ladies who don't have complications and think ok every ten years I need an operation, but as cc risk increases with every operation,  I worry we will end up having to have re op after reop and eventually an explant
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd August 2014, 8:11 am

I'm personally of the opinion, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix fix it' Loui.

As long as you have an MRI on your implants every 3 years to be sure the implants are intact and with no CC, you should be absolutely fine to keep them if this was your choice.

But that's just my opinion and one agreed with me by the surgeons I've seen.

If you're concerned Loui, why not when you go back to see your surgeon discuss this with them and see what they'd advise. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 22nd August 2014, 8:57 am

I'm with Cookie on that one. I know I should have them changed every 10-15years...but why would I if they're ok? I'm definitely going to be hot on the MRI, especially now I've been diagnosed with an auto immune disease, but if I have no complications, no CC, no ruptures, I'll keep these until I feel they need upkeep aesthetically. Why would you put yourself through major surgery unnecessarily (and pay that amount of money!)?
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 22nd August 2014, 2:47 pm

I initially & if I admit it still do occasionally think of having mine done again ,as mine not for complication reasons (I fortunately don't at this time have any & really feel for those who do) are a little fuller at the top & not as much fullness at the bottom as I was hoping for giving the appearance of my nipples looking a little low on breast, however these flaws are just me being over picky/ bit of a perfectionist. They don't look that bad really so I just remind myself had the surgeon offered me the boobs I now have pre op I would have loved them & why risk complications for the sake of having say my nipples looking a cm or so higher than they do now.
So as Cookie and others have said I now feel if it ain't broke why fix it any issues I have with appearance can wait until they are needing done again. x
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 22nd August 2014, 3:43 pm

im booked in for the 12th Dec but think that I might hold off til next year, I just dont feel ready to go through it all again so soon, does that make sense?

I hope that you manage to get yours sorted so that you can concentrate on your health xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by KayDeeStafford 22nd August 2014, 8:17 pm

Makes perfect sense Tink, it's such a big deal and it's so time consuming, the prep, the recovery, it's a nightmare! I promise you it will be far easier with the overs though x hope everything works out for everyone x
KayDeeStafford
KayDeeStafford
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 296

http://www.noobiestoboobies.blogspot.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by kezjb 22nd August 2014, 8:53 pm

I'm having drains Mammamia - good to hear they might benefit
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 23rd August 2014, 6:14 am

Kezjb have a read of the article in the link hellsbells posted too as it's quite interesting and consistent with his theory!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegirl 24th August 2014, 2:20 pm

poly implats are meant to reduce the risk of cc significantly. People say they feel firmer but I got to have a feel of one before my op and they feel just as good as the allergen ones I had for my first ba. xx
purplegirl
purplegirl
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegirl 24th August 2014, 2:23 pm

Just read a bit of the above, totally agree with the comment about some surgeons being cowboys!! Some of these places are like boob job factories and you have to know your stuff before you get sucked in! I can't believe how naive I was when I went to my first consultation. My first ba was totally unsuccessful resulting in a court case and revision surgery, but I have learnt so much about the entire industry x
purplegirl
purplegirl
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th August 2014, 2:30 pm

They are indeed the best implants out there in terms of CC purplegirl with the lowest CC rate of all implants yes  you also get the benefit with polyuerothane of 'no dropping' (the implant does not drop into the breast pocket) when a surgeon positions these implants, because their positioning will be precise. This takes great skill and the implant immediately embeds itself into the breast tissue, unlike other implants which take time to embed themselves, hence the dropping process as the implant embeds itself into the breast tissue. Some women even have difficulty with the implant not embedding itself so they can feel the implant moving around inside their breast. So yes, the polyurethane are a very good option and one one we do recommend to those having problems with CC.

Do you have the polys, purplegirl? Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegirl 24th August 2014, 3:03 pm

Yes I have the poly implants :) My surgeon was an NHS consultant, but he also works privatly for Spire. But he said the same that they are very difficult to place, but he is confident in his abilities. I think they are known as the furry brazilians. The CC rate is about 1-3%. My previous implants (well the one that was left in) bottomed out, and thats why he picked them as they stay where you put them. I hope they drop a little though as i feel like there in my arm pits lol. They already feel pretty soft even though they are swollen. xx
purplegirl
purplegirl
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th August 2014, 5:54 pm

Don't worry about them feeling under your armpit purplegirl, that's not your actual implant you're feeling, it's the swelling. One the swelling subside you'll soon start seeing the benefits  :ok: 

Spire do have excellent surgeons and it does seem more and more of them are using polyeurothane as their preference now. Like I said, you do need to be trained to place them though and right now we're only seeing BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeons being able to use this technique.

They generally take a bit longer then silicone to soften up, which for some women is a downside, but I'd be very happy to wait... IF implants are required for my next surgery, these will be my choice too purplegirl. From all I've read about them it does seem to make a lot of sense lowering the risks to use them  yes  xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2