Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sizing with uplift

3 posters

Go down

Sizing with uplift Empty Sizing with uplift

Post by Doughty 18th November 2013, 6:09 pm

Hi girls, wondered if anyone can help. Iv booked surgery for jan but not had my final consultation for sizing. I'm looking to hv uplift and implant, I'm currently 34b/c with lots of loose skin and obviously sagging. When I chose implant size do I need to account for volume already there, ie will I end up bigger with say a 250cc implants than someone who chooses this size who is currently an a? Tx
Doughty
Doughty
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Sizing with uplift Empty Re: Sizing with uplift

Post by COOKIE 18th November 2013, 7:23 pm

Have you actually discussed implant sizes with your surgeon doughty?

With an uplift, its not as simple as just saying I "I want that one" when you're wanting a specific look. Your surgeon will be taking into account the amount of breast tissue you have, the shape of your rib cage as well as many other factors, so, if you haven't already taken pictures of 'the look' you like in with you to see your surgeon then it would be advisable to do this before choosing to help you get as close as possible to what you're wanting from this surgery.

You're hoping to do this in one shot and be done with it so you're going to want to take your time to do this properly hun and take guidance from your surgeon based on the look you're hoping for. They should be able to give you at the very least one or two sizes for you to choose from based on 'their calculations' so maybe booking another consultation to see your surgeon might be the way forward doughty... You've plenty of time to get that sorted, so if it were me sweetheart this is what I'd do. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughty 18th November 2013, 7:51 pm

Blimey feel like a doughnut ha! Iv been to three consultants hoping for just an implant but all said I needed a lift, iv gone away researched and finally concluded its the way forward. Because I dismissed a lift in the initial consultations I guess no further info was given re possibilities. Does this mean that I could b quite limited on size and finished result even with the lift?! I'm scared to look to far into it on the process of it all on the web as I'd end up bottling it! X
Doughty
Doughty
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th November 2013, 8:03 pm

Awww there's no need for bottling it lol Hug 

Yes, there are many factors that need to be taken into consideration lovely. Many surgeons prefer not use the larger sized implants because of the risks of further sagging due to the weight of the implant.... Generally when you need a lift its because your skin has naturally sagged so the elasticity of the skin isn't that wonderful, so the weight of the implant will also have an impact on the longevity of the look you have...so many will shy away from large implants from this reason - you are their advertisement afterall, and if your boobs start sagging again in a couple of years its the surgeons reputation on the line so they will of course want the best for you doughty.

I really would take the time to sort out pictures of the look you like babe. Preferably on a body type similar to your own and show your surgeon what you want. Based on this look and the amount that skin that would need to be cut away to accommodate the implant and give you look you wanted your surgeon should be able to give you some guesstimates on how much volume is needed from an implant to achieve that.

If you simply choose an implant size, you really will have no idea of the outcome, so to be sure, it best using pictures and having that visual between you for both you and your surgeon to further discuss what would be right for you. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughty 19th November 2013, 4:08 pm

Sorry cookie, did a long old reply by phone and just realised it didn't send! I finally printed off some looks last night, 100 percent agree the surgeon needs to know what I'm after. Hvg 2nd consultation tmw and prob another b4 op in jan. we haven't even discussed uplift, only that I need one done! I'm v confident in his skills as NHS and private surgeon who does reconstruction and baaps/bapras registered so a good place to start. He also does that fat transfer but I think that may be something to discuss with him for the future:) I'm only looking to go small (what I class as small) so it depends on how much skin he will need to take away like u said. Thanks again for all ur help x
Doughty
Doughty
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 19th November 2013, 4:12 pm

You're welcome hun and you're absolutely doing the right thing in discussing your look 'first'. Sounds like you have a reputable surgeon so, yeahhhh.... You're on your way now Doughty! dance Please tell us how you get on won't you hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyx85x 19th November 2013, 7:36 pm

Hey doughty I knw exactly how I feel I went for my cosultation hoping I wouldn't need a lift (knowing deep down I really did) and being told u need an uplift and implant is sooo scary...

I hav done a lot of research on This and I now knw it's def the right choice....

Mines is booked 3rd of January I'm having another consultation with my surgeon as I feel I need 2 talk it over again and be reassured about the size I'm an empty 32DD I hav a lot of excess skin due 2 weightloss and I hav been recommended 330cc by my surgeon!!!

All the girls on here are great for all ur questions has really helped me xxxxx
Allyx85x
Allyx85x
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughty 19th November 2013, 9:36 pm

Il hv to c tmw what he recommends! Iv got some pics to hand, was also going to take my iPad with a couple of celeb pics but....not sure if its suitable to show a surgeon a random pose with bra?! Should I just stick to naked boobs post op?! X
Doughty
Doughty
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 19th November 2013, 9:40 pm

Noooo.... The bra pics are fine. Any celebs in bikinis that have the look you like too is fine. Its just so you and your surgeon are both reading from the same page Doughty with neither having any confusion on the look you're wanting - those visuals will show your surgeon exactly what you're wanting and how much volume might be needed to achieve that and will have you walking out of the office confident that your surgeon will give you as close as possible that look. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down