Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated re-op pics and numb hand question??

+6
nads
amanda2k10
BoobiePrize
canoli
mariajw
emrussell79
10 posters

Go down

Updated re-op pics and numb hand question?? Empty Updated re-op pics and numb hand question??

Post by emrussell79 10th February 2009, 11:32 am

Hi ladies, i have added a few day 1 pics to my picturtrail account. Username: emrussell79 pw: mynewboobs
I would really appreciate HONEST opinions and if any of you can see a difference from before.

Also, did anyone get a numb hand/arm after their BA? My right hand and two end fingers are numb!! Could it be the swelling affecting my nerves??

Em x
emrussell79
emrussell79
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 317

Back to top Go down

Updated re-op pics and numb hand question?? Empty Re: Updated re-op pics and numb hand question??

Post by mariajw 10th February 2009, 1:20 pm

Hey hunni

Haven't looked at your pics yet - I'm working from home and there are 3 butch plumbers wondering in and out, and I wouldn't want them to get a flash!! I'll have a look later.

As for the numbness, I had this a little and spoke to my surgeon about it. He said that during the op you are laid on your right side and this can cause some numbness in your right hand for a while. I just got it on and off. He suggested moving the arm around to improve circulation.

Maria
xx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Updated re-op pics and numb hand question?? Empty Re: Updated re-op pics and numb hand question??

Post by canoli 10th February 2009, 1:34 pm

emrussell79 wrote: My right hand and two end fingers are numb!! Could it be the swelling affecting my nerves??

I haven't had a ba (yet!) but I know all about nerves lol. To put it in short form, yes, it is likely that the swelling is affecting your nerves! There is one nerve (the ulnar nerve) which runs from the the neck, across the top of the chest and down the shoulder into the arm, then the hand and the two end fingers. This is the nerve that gives the 'funny bone' effect when you bang your elbow.

With a ba the muscle and skin are being stretched to accommodate the implant, I believe that the nerves along with it are 'stretched' too - they have to adjust quickly to a new higher position over the implant. As you said, you are also experiencing swelling which can also be causing the nerve to be restricted.
When the nerves are disturbed in some way this can result in loads of different symptoms. With having a BA, the body lets you know this has happened by different 'nerve' related symptoms such as numbness, sensitivity, hot cold and burning feelings, pins and needles etc.

There is a chance that a BA can cause the nerves to suffer permenant damage and things like little niggles such as numbness and pins and needles could possibly become a permenant fixture BUT it is more likely that any nerve disturbance suffered will get back to normal! The chances are so much higher for things to get back to normal rather than stay as they are.

I'm believe that this will correct itself in its own time - this could be days or weeks or months so dont panic if it doesnt disappear overnight (although it could do that too!). Nerves are strange things and work in ways that most people don't ever get to experience, unfortunately you have just been aquainted with yours!
canoli
TROLL!
TROLL!

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by emrussell79 10th February 2009, 2:41 pm

hiya, thanks for that, its just like how you described, like when you bang ya funny bone!! Didnt have it yesterday, i woke up with it today so hopefully it will pass :)
emrussell79
emrussell79
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 10th February 2009, 6:03 pm

Heya hun, they look a lovely shape! Did your PS remove the sagging skin and raise your nipples?

I'm sure the numbness is due to a nerve affected in the op, hope you get the feeling back soon, the funny bone effect is awful! Hug
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda2k10 10th February 2009, 6:18 pm

between you and me (not told ps) but i get this now, numbness in two fingers on each hand and when im sleeping pins and needles wake me up, i always put mine down to being a trapped nerve from being on the laptop all the time Hysterical so im sure it will just be like canoli said, the pressure of the implant and swelling pushing on a nerve.
will take a look at your piccys now hunni.
hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda2k10 10th February 2009, 6:26 pm

hi hunni,
just taken a look at your pics and wow what a difference!!!
like boobieprize said you look like you have had a lift they look fab and you can tell you have had a larger implant even though there was not much difference in size implant. they look better for both shape and size and i think they look fab and sooo early on too.
you must be over the moon!!
big hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Heart
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 10th February 2009, 7:00 pm

Hiya hun, just had a peek, they look much perkier! and definately fuller, big congrats i bet they're gonna look amazing once they've settled xxx
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 10th February 2009, 8:03 pm

Hye lovely

I had the tingling in my hand too, I couldn't type for about a week after my op... terrible as I was itching to write my story! It passed after about two weeks and is fine now

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by emrussell79 10th February 2009, 8:12 pm

Thanks ladies. He put the 460 implants in then just did another nipple lift. He was sure that would be enough to fill my loose skin. time will tell. Im loving the shape now and the nipple looks in a better place but im praying they arent too swollen as i have stupidly measured them and they are measurin the same across each boob and only 1/2" bigger all the way around than the morning of my re-op!! They arent as full in the middle either, more fullness at the side than any where else. Also i was wearing a 36DD sports bra after first BA and the cups were tight but this time im wearing a 36D and its loose!!! Trying not to think about it too much but i will be so upset if i end up regretting it!!

On the numbness thing its gone!! yey! Have horrendous backache in its place but at least thats one less thing to worry about :)
emrussell79
emrussell79
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsMartini 11th February 2009, 9:16 am

Hey there,

I'm 18 days post-op & I occasionally have a "dead" right arm. I don't know if it's coincidence, but it seems to be when I've been carrying my handbag over my shoulder. I assumed it was something to do with a trapped nerve... Canoli's post makes a lot of sense.

I haven't looked at your pics yet as I'm at work, but I will do this eve!

Xx
MrsMartini
MrsMartini
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 226

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 12th February 2009, 12:28 pm

Hey lovely,

I've finally got around to having a peek... they look much much much better! You must be really pleased, I definately think you needed the bigger implant to fill your boobs out.

Rest up lovely.

Oh, and what's up with the sandwich????? :suspect: Stingy or what! Hysterical
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie1pink 12th February 2009, 12:40 pm

They look so much better hunny, great transformation xx
charlie1pink
charlie1pink
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by emrussell79 12th February 2009, 1:23 pm

Thanks ladies! I know it was a very crap excuse for a sandwhich! lol

Im just hoiping the extra 50cc will have been enough to fill the rest of the skin. My surgeon was adament that he wouldnt give me any bigger so fingers crossed. Just cant wait to get the plasters off now! I just want a propper peek! I know the nurse will put more on at my 1 week check especially around my nipples but im sure she will let me have a look before she covers them again!
emrussell79
emrussell79
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 12th February 2009, 1:33 pm

I know, the strapping I had on afterwards was immense! I just wanted to see them damn things!

How are you feeling pain-wise?

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by emrussell79 12th February 2009, 2:20 pm

Im doing well now thank you. The day of surgery and the following day were quite hard, i was in quite a bit of pain but now i dont have any except my left scar is VERY tender. My bbobs already feel softish. Im not overly poking them but they arent rock hard. They are making a squelching noise when i do gently push on them though, sounds really odd but im assuming its just a bit of air or fluid that will soon dissaperar x
emrussell79
emrussell79
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bettyboop 13th February 2009, 12:40 pm

Glad to hear everything has gone well so far. You're looking much perkier already.
I've got so much strapping i've no idea what i look like yet Rolling Eyes
bettyboop
bettyboop
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by emrussell79 13th February 2009, 1:04 pm

Thanks hun.Im starting to get obsessed now! looking at them all the time which i told myself i wouldnt do this time! lol. They still look quite good so far although im worried about the loose skin as it was under my areolas and towards the middle of my boob but the surgeon has placed the implant further away from the centre to "fill the skin". Im hoping that works as i would have thougt it would have needed to go the other way??? My swelling is going down really quickly and i can toally poke them now, gently of course!
emrussell79
emrussell79
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 13th February 2009, 7:06 pm

I still find myself just holding my boobs, it's awful as I sometimes do it in public!!! EEEk!!!

Glad they're pokeable now, that's great they're not too sore for you

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down