Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worried/Unhappy :(

+11
g0902
**Hannah**
jenniferrf1
Lias6246
achorley
COOKIE
Becciann84
Pixiedust
Charlii
Bizzyboobs
Chantellelouise
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Worried/Unhappy :( Empty Worried/Unhappy :(

Post by Chantellelouise 4th September 2013, 9:07 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm just wondering if anyone has been through what i am going through.. Im 19 and going for a consultation on 19th sept however i havent told any of my family as i know they will hate the fact im wanting surgery, they dont like me even taking paracetamol!!  shrug   they dislike any sort of cosmetic surgery, they think its ridiculous. 
I really want this, i hate my boobs & wont wear a bikini or go in the pool on hols as im embarrased sad smile  
I dont know how to tell them, im so scared/worried! 
It makes me sad cos id love there support..just wondering how other peoples family reacted to the news? 
Does anyone think I'm too young? Rolling Eyes 
Chantelle x
Chantellelouise
Chantellelouise
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Worried/Unhappy :( Empty Re: Worried/Unhappy :(

Post by Bizzyboobs 4th September 2013, 9:18 pm

Hi Hunni, to be honest Hunni, most of my family don't know. Only my mum, hubby, brother in law and sis in law.. Also my best friend and work colleagues......
I really worried about telling my mum, as I thought I would get a lecture as thought she would try talk me out of it...... I was completely wrong.... She has been fantastic, so you may be pleasantly surprised......I kept putting it off.
My mum said she would've been gutted if I hadn't told her and just went ahead and had done...
I don't think you're too young babe, you got to do what's best for you.... Life is way too short to be unhappy.....
Where have you got your consultation?  Are you going alone? 
Keep us updated how you get on......xxx
Bizzyboobs
Bizzyboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1438

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 4th September 2013, 9:18 pm

Hi Chantelle.
It is a huge decision, and a lot to take on, especially so young, but I would never say anyone was too young. So long as you are making the decision sound of mind, know everything involved, all the complications, all the post op, and have someone there to help you out in those first weeks, I don't see how age is really a factor. I wish Id had the guts to go through with it younger if Im honest. But you have to bear in mind, youre never in for one boob job, the younger you are, the more you're going to have to have over the years!

My family...well, if they've had an opinion on it, they're yet to air it. I haven't spoken to my mom since I had it done. But I have huge support from my other half, his family and our friends. At the end of the day, you're legally an adult, and its not for them to decide, only you.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Worried/Unhappy :( Empty Hi bizzyboobs

Post by Chantellelouise 4th September 2013, 9:42 pm

Bizzyboobs wrote:Hi Hunni, to be honest Hunni, most of my family don't know. Only my mum, hubby, brother in law and sis in law.. Also my best friend and work colleagues......
I really worried about telling my mum, as I thought I would get a lecture as thought she would try talk me out of it...... I was completely wrong.... She has been fantastic, so you may be pleasantly surprised......I kept putting it off.
My mum said she would've been gutted if I hadn't told her and just went ahead and had done...
I don't think you're too young babe, you got to do what's best for you.... Life is way too short to be unhappy.....
Where have you got your consultation?  Are you going alone? 
Keep us updated how you get on......xxx
Hello bizzyboobs wavey  
That's how I would hope they would be with me lol but I can't see it! I can't talk to them at the best of times as they are very opinionated.. But that's also what I know they will be like if I don't tell them they'll be gutted if I just done it. And exactly the thing is I don't know if it's just a phase and ill get them done and regret it but I can't see it really if all goes well it's a positive outcome isn't it Smike  And I've always been insecure about them so I can't see me not liking them. I've got my consultation at Sthetix in Liverpool with mr alvi and I'm going with my partner x 
I will put a post on of how it went Smike  Thank you for your help xx
Chantellelouise
Chantellelouise
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Worried/Unhappy :( Empty Hello Charlii

Post by Chantellelouise 4th September 2013, 9:44 pm

Charlii wrote:Hi Chantelle.
It is a huge decision, and a lot to take on, especially so young, but I would never say anyone was too young. So long as you are making the decision sound of mind, know everything involved, all the complications, all the post op, and have someone there to help you out in those first weeks, I don't see how age is really a factor. I wish Id had the guts to go through with it younger if Im honest. But you have to bear in mind, youre never in for one boob job, the younger you are, the more you're going to have to have over the years!

My family...well, if they've had an opinion on it, they're yet to air it. I haven't spoken to my mom since I had it done. But I have huge support from my other half, his family and our friends. At the end of the day, you're legally an adult, and its not for them to decide, only you.
Hello Smike 
I know one min I'm like do I want this and the next minute I want it but I've always been insecure so I know I do want it. And I will have my partner to help me but it's just awkward because I live with them and I wouldn't want a horrible atmosphere and just feel stupid I've done it.. And exactly it's my decision. Thank you xx
Chantellelouise
Chantellelouise
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzyboobs 4th September 2013, 9:55 pm

You're welcome Hunni,  at least you got your partner coming with you for a bit of moral. If you're insecure about them then it's a step in doing something about it..... You can ask all those questions at your consultation, and see what Mr Alvi says...... You've obviously thought this through or you wouldn't have booked your consultation.
Speaking to a professional will help too. Then you can take it all on board and go away and then see how you feel.
Then you can decide whether to tell your mum or not....... Like I said you may be surprised........ Xxhugxxxx
Bizzyboobs
Bizzyboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1438

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixiedust 4th September 2013, 9:55 pm

Hi chantelle, 
I haven't told anyone at all about my BA apart from my hubby. I just wouldn't be able to talk to my family about it, they would be like yours and think its ridiculous!  Im 30 and just had my ba last week, I had always wanted it since I was a teenager but like you not being able to talk to family about it is one of the reasons I put it off.  If its what you really want I say go for it dont worry about what others think as long as you have someone to support and help you during your recovery etc! Good luck with your consultation x
Pixiedust
Pixiedust
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by Becciann84 4th September 2013, 10:05 pm

Hi Hun I think definitely make sure it's what you want o do first, but like you say you've always felt insecure about them. Going for a consultation will hopefully help you decide... But it's nothing that you need to rush.
Personally I'm not going to tell many people, I'm lucky that I'm very close to my sisters & my mum so found it easy to tell them. & I know for sure that they would be devastated if I didn't tell them. Is there maybe just 1 person you could talk to to begin with? A sister or maybe your mum? & explain to them exactly how you feel...why its important to you, & how youre worried about speaking to your family about it because of how they might react. You may be pleasantly surprised. & once you've told that 1 person it will be easier to tell other people (if you want to of course) xx
Becciann84
Becciann84
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 628

Back to top Go down

Worried/Unhappy :( Empty :-)

Post by Chantellelouise 4th September 2013, 10:49 pm

Bizzyboobs wrote:You're welcome Hunni,  at least you got your partner coming with you for a bit of moral. If you're insecure about them then it's a step in doing something about it..... You can ask all those questions at your consultation, and see what Mr Alvi says...... You've obviously thought this through or you wouldn't have booked your consultation.
Speaking to a professional will help too. Then you can take it all on board and go away and then see how you feel.
Then you can decide whether to tell your mum or not....... Like I said you may be surprised........ Xxhugxxxx
Exactly yes my partners side of the family are supportive about it as they are a lot more easygoing (just wish mine were like that lol) but I have done a lot of research I already know what look I want what size I would like to be and I've looked at all the risks etc.. So I do think I'm definitely wanting them. I am slightly nervous for the consultation just because it's making it all real now.. I don't want them done straight away I want them done around April next year for my 20th in June so quite a lot of thinking time xxxx
Chantellelouise
Chantellelouise
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Worried/Unhappy :( Empty Hi pixiedust

Post by Chantellelouise 4th September 2013, 10:54 pm

I know how you feel it's hard.. That exactly how I know I will be ill put it off until I feel like they will accept it but I don't think they ever will and I don't want to regret not getting it done..but I have looked into it a lot and know what size and shape I would like to come out with also but ill just see what dr alvi thinks :) I'm just more worried about the needles as I hate hate hate needles lol nope  Thank you for your comment xx
Pixiedust wrote:Hi chantelle, 
I haven't told anyone at all about my BA apart from my hubby. I just wouldn't be able to talk to my family about it, they would be like yours and think its ridiculous!  Im 30 and just had my ba last week, I had always wanted it since I was a teenager but like you not being able to talk to family about it is one of the reasons I put it off.  If its what you really want I say go for it dont worry about what others think as long as you have someone to support and help you during your recovery etc! Good luck with your consultation x
Chantellelouise
Chantellelouise
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Worried/Unhappy :( Empty Hi Becciann84

Post by Chantellelouise 4th September 2013, 11:01 pm

Becciann84 wrote:Hi Hun I think definitely make sure it's what you want o do first, but like you say you've always felt insecure about them. Going for a consultation will hopefully help you decide... But it's nothing that you need to rush.
Personally I'm not going to tell many people, I'm lucky that I'm very close to my sisters & my mum so found it easy to tell them. & I know for sure that they would be devastated if I didn't tell them. Is there maybe just 1 person you could talk to to begin with? A sister or maybe your mum? & explain to them exactly how you feel...why its important to you, & how youre worried about speaking to your family about it because of how they might react. You may be pleasantly surprised. & once you've told that 1 person it will be easier to tell other people (if you want to of course) xx
Hello! I'm hoping it will make me feel 100% sure about the operation too I'm just nervous because it's making it all real lol I can't believe I'm doing this but I am happy I am going for a consultation.. And it's really awkward because no one in my family can keep a secret lol and in the middle of a family fall out at the mo so not anybody at the moment I can tell Rolling Eyes  But I will definitely have to tell them when I'm having the op cos I couldn't keep that from them but I'm wanting it in around April next year for my 20th in June so plenty of time yet lol xxx
Chantellelouise
Chantellelouise
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th September 2013, 11:45 pm

Welcome to Breast Buddies Chantelle wavey 

At 19 years old you're old enough to be making decisions without the approval of your parents lovely, so please don't be scared of telling them about this IF after going for some consultations this is what you want (please do arrange more than just the one consultation before making any decisions hun)

No matter how old you are you will ALWAYS be your parents baby, but that's not to say they should recognise you as an adult too and respect that as an adult you will make decisions without them that you feel will help better yourself. Having a BA will in no way impact the lives of your parents Charlotte and sure..., they may not want you to have a BA that they may feel you dont need (to all mums our babies are oerfect) but they should respect the fact that as an adult this is something you want.

Being armed with lots of information and being able to show the research you've done to keep yourself safe will also help lots to reassure your parents you're doing all you can to get the best for yourself.

My parents are very anti-cosmetic surgery, but I didnt tell them because I was hoping to gain their approval or ask their permission, I told them because I felt compelled to at the time. They gave me a tough time on the run up to my BA, but I stood strong, respected their opinions and listened to their concerns but nothing changed my mind. We still don't discuss elective surgery now and since my first BA, I've never discussed anything elective with them again.

With you wanting the surgery done in April of next year, there's rush, you can take your time, go for a few consultations and take in the surgery plans offered to digest all that information hun.

Gather as much research about the surgery plans offered to you as possible ensuring you fully understand eve rushing that's suggested for you. Right now you may have preconceived ideas of the size you want and placement etc, but when you go for your consultations the surgeons may very well totally disagree with you hun, so I'd suggest you go with a good understanding of CCs, Placement, Profiles etc, but keep your mind completely open in regards to what might be right for you.

As you're pre BA you'll find lots of information in the 'Breast Augmentation Information' section of the forum. Its filled with so much to help you better understand the procedure and to help yourself feel better prepared. Any questions or concerns you might have just ask away here in the 'General Breast Augmentation' section of the forum were no BA questions ever go unanswered and our lovely ladies will always be more than happy to help you if they can.

Enjoy the forum Charlotte. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by achorley 5th September 2013, 12:04 am

Not too young at all. I knew I first wanted my BA at 14!! Went for my first consultation 2 days after my 18th birthday and no I'm still 18 and having my surgery in 11 days! My family weren't supportive and sad I was fine as I was etc and that it was ridiculous. But now they know I'm serious about it obviously with actually having t done soon they have come round to it and realised I am dock g it wether they like it or not as its for me lmao x
achorley
achorley
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 590

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 5th September 2013, 5:18 am

Hiya, I felt compelled to reply to this as I know how you feel. I'm 29 and have had two kids who have wrecked my boobs. I'm so paranoid about them and after stopping breastfeeding a month ago I couldn't believe how bad they had gone. I was utterly petrified about telling my mum I was considering surgery and she is so so anti surgery and anti everything fake. However I felt that it would be easier to tell her as she would have been hurt if I wouldn't have. I began by telling her how unhappy I was and how I couldn't go through the rest of my life this unhappy with my appearance. She totally and utterly shocked me. She understood why I was upset and came with me to the gp to discuss options. When the gp suggested surgery she wasn't shocked at all and paid for me to go to a consultation with a surgeon the gp had suggested. I was so pleased and so surprised by her reaction.

You will never know until you ask her and, like me, she may just surprise you. If you tell her exactly how you feel and how it's not just a decision made on a whim. I would be 100% sure before you broach the subject though.

My Mum is coming with me when I have the operation as my Hubby can't get time off work and I am so pleased I told her as I was considering not doing as I'm only going back to my pre pregnancy size but I'm so glad I did. I'm not telling anyone else in the family as I don't think it's their business but your mum is different.

I really hope your consultation goes ok and if you do decide to go for it I hope your mum understands but if she doesn't, you are an adult and as a few people have said if she sees how serious you are about it she may change her mind.

Good luck chick x
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 5th September 2013, 6:15 am

Hi Chantelle!!

I don't think you are too young because its often a decision we have all thought about for ages and its not one we take lightly because we are choosing to have surgery and it is a lifelong commitment...

No parents will ever be happy because they worry but it's important you are happy ... I'm 21 and my parents wasn't happy but I sat down and spoke to them and being my mum to the consultation, they now support me and I'm sure your parents will too xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by **Hannah** 5th September 2013, 1:11 pm

Hi Chantelle I think you will be surprised at their reaction once they understand why you want to do it.  I had a different procedure done a couple of years ago and didn't tell my mum as I didn't think she would understand, anyway I was unwell afterwards and had to tell her and she was really hurt that I hadn't mentioned anything. 

Dads are different as it can sometimes be a little embarrassing talking about such personal things with them, my mum told my dad about my BA and he hasn't really said much up until today coincidently as it was the last time I will see him before the op he actually said to me 'best of luck with it all' which made me chuckle! x
**Hannah**
**Hannah**
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by Chantellelouise 5th September 2013, 8:56 pm

Thank you everyone for all your help I really appreciate it! It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one in this situation.. Thanks again :-) xxxxxx
Chantellelouise
Chantellelouise
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 6th September 2013, 11:58 am

Hey hun, I had my surgery at 20 and I am 100% of the opinion that it is not too young. I am just back from my first holiday with boobies and I can honestly say I have never felt as good on a holiday as I did this year.

Luckily my sister had her surgery at 19.. so when I told my mum I wanted it done, I don't think she was overly surprised. However, my dad was exactly how u describe your parents.. he wasn't happy and tried to talk me out of it - but eventually he accepted my decision and supported me through my recovery.  Just remember you aren't asking for their permission - you are 19 and old enough to make your own decisions!! :)

Good luck telling your parents hun... go to your consultation and just make sure its the right decision for you. Bare in mind, at such a young age you are more likely to have more surgeries in your lifetime! xxx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Worried/Unhappy :( Empty Does your famiky know now

Post by marie1 19th November 2014, 3:54 pm

Hi pixiedust
I was keen to know if your family noticed your ba since its nearly 2 years now since u got it done? I haven't told anyone except my hubby an one of my sister's. I'm also going to fitzwilliam clinic with Dr Sinclair. Did you stay over, I intend to go home the same day.

Marie
marie1
marie1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 22nd November 2014, 9:19 pm

I'm 32 and having my surgery done next month.  I've wanted them done since I was 18.  I only wish now that I hadn't gone through my twenties feeling so down about my self...I truly feel like my life could be SO different now.  Do what is right for you...don't let what others might think stop you.  Even now, I get the occasional worry about what someone might think after my op, but then I have to remind myself that if there's going to be any judgement or gossip, it'll not be forever, and they'll have something else to talk about not long after!

If you truly think it'll make your life better, and you're doing it for YOU and no one else, then you'll know it's the right decision

xx
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 508

Back to top Go down

Post by marie1 22nd November 2014, 9:34 pm

Thanks, I am doing it for me and I really don't care what people think it's my husband who is more concerned about what people will think. He is afraid that people will think he made me or influenced me to get it done. It's quite the opposite he's telling me not to and I'm fine the way I am but I really really want it. 2 more sleeps anyways! It's now or never lol
marie1
marie1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixiedust 25th November 2014, 10:55 pm

marie1 wrote:
Hi pixiedust
I was keen to know if your family noticed your ba since its nearly 2 years now since u got it done? I haven't told anyone except my hubby an one of my sister's. I'm also going to fitzwilliam clinic with Dr Sinclair. Did you stay over, I intend to go home the same day.

Marie

Hi Marie
No so far only 1 person has noticed (other people may have noticed but just not said anything). How did you find the Fitzwilliam? I thought it was lovely but very rushed, I went home couple of hours after surgery! x
Pixiedust
Pixiedust
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by marie1 26th November 2014, 9:24 am

I thought everyone was lovely but as u say a bit rushed. I was told the procedure wld b an hour and a half and then there wld be another hour an a half recovery. I was in theatre for about half 8 and was going home by half 10. Prob would have put me out earlier only that I had to wait for my hubby to collect me. I didn't really mind though, I was happy to get home and into my own bed!
marie1
marie1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Half_pinty 29th March 2016, 10:20 am

Marie1 & Pixiedust (sorry I don't know how to quote text yet).

I see yous were out pretty soon after surgery. Did you have a general or twilight?
I hear so many great things about Sinclair but everyone seems to feel like their rushed. That's a little disheartening considering the amount of money you pay for this procedure
Half_pinty
Half_pinty
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 29th March 2016, 1:03 pm

Hello, these posts are from 2014, so you may not have a reply!
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next