Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking & breast uplift & implants

4 posters

Go down

Smoking & breast uplift & implants Empty Smoking & breast uplift & implants

Post by twig21 9th July 2013, 11:52 am

Hi

Well i am having a full breast uplift and implants with the Hospital group on the 4th Aug. I am having a full anchor and then 340cc implants. I am a smoker but I know I need to stop smoking for the op. I have gone from 10 a day to 2 at the moment with the aim of stopping at the end of the week. Just wondering if anyone has had a full uplift and was a smoker?

Kind regards x
twig21
twig21
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Smoking & breast uplift & implants Empty Re: Smoking & breast uplift & implants

Post by COOKIE 9th July 2013, 11:57 am

I don't smoke twig, but all studies confirm that smoking will be longer for smokers, it also increases the risk of infection and when having a BA the risk of needing the implant explanted to.

You may find a 'lucky smoker' who might have had no problems babe, but the risks really are so high that it would be in your very best interest to stop if you can.

It must be so hard for smokers to quite and addiction before surgery. Especially for those that actually enjoy smoking (I know many who don't but find it hard to quit). 

If you need help twig, there's always someone about on the forum, so feel free to use us to help you.

Maybe every time you just feel hat urge to take a cigarette, come here and chat through it babe. We will help all we can lovely and good luck quitting. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 9th July 2013, 12:35 pm

Hi Twig. First of all, well done for cutting down, and setting yourself a target! As Cookie says, smoking anything at all is going to reduce your healing ability, so I really would try and stick with it. Do you have any NRT? I had an inhalor for when i was out, but that was just to play with really. Cold turkey will be hard, but if you've already cut down, it'll become a lot easier. We're all here to help you through it :)
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 9th July 2013, 1:09 pm

Congrats on cutting down twig. Like Cookie says, it can increase the chances of infection and take you longer to recover so the less you smoke the better. Ive seen a few girls here stop smoking before the BA and didn't continue again! Charli has great suggestions above though
Good luck xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by twig21 9th July 2013, 4:02 pm

Thanks ladies for your support, well i would have normally smoked this afternoon but so far I haven't. apart from 1 this morning. My aim is to completely stop within the next few days. I know i can as i quit for 2 years but stupidly started again :( xxx
twig21
twig21
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 9th July 2013, 4:06 pm

Good luck twig!! I really hope you manage to do it, sounds like your already doing really well :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down