Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In pain :-(

+6
Lisa34
Princess_x
pr1ncessmummy
Sophia6102
COOKIE
dafneylou
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In pain :-( Empty In pain :-(

Post by dafneylou 30th June 2013, 11:51 am

Hi girls,
I have PIP implants and it feels like both have ruptured, I'm in alot of pain and have all lumps and bumps on my boobs, in the passed few days it seems to of come down to just behind my nipple and its so painful, slightest touch or knock hurts, even bending forward! :-(
Has anyone else had pain with their PIPs?
I'm quite scared about it, the thought of all that horrible stuff in my body is awful!
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

In pain :-( Empty Re: In pain :-(

Post by COOKIE 30th June 2013, 12:35 pm

Firstly lovely, you need to see your GP ASAP to have your implants scanned.

Explain that you have PIPS and the symptoms you are getting. The scan will be free.

This is the first step that needs to be done to see whether or not the implants are ruptured.

Its impossible to be able to 'feel' this hun the ONLY way to know if they're ruptured or not is have them scanned.

Once you have the scan the you will then be given a choice babe. Its a harsh and I feel very unfair choice but sadly the only one available to you through the NHS.

You will 'if the implants are ruptured' be offered free removal only. The implants will not be replaced babe. They will simply take out the implants and stitch you back up. They will not remove excess skin, they will only do what their duty of care to you requires and that is to make sure you are safe.

If they're not ruptured but causing this much pain, the offer 'may' still be open to you.

Alternatively sweetheart, you can get the implants removed and replaced privately. But you will have to pay for this. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th June 2013, 12:36 pm

One more thing Dafneylou... If you bought your implants within the last 6 years and paid by credit card, you CAN get compensation for the full cost of surgery from the creditor. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 30th June 2013, 12:55 pm

Hi Cookie, thank you for your reply. I went to the drs about 6 months and got a ultra sound which showed no apparent sign of rupture but since then by breasts have totally changed in shape and in the amount of pain I am experiencing. At the ultra sound I also got to see a consultant and because of how upset I was in and how it was effecting me they offered to remove for free but like you said, no replacement. This just isn't a choice for me, I have the implants because I had a significant size difference in breast size and after having two children this had got even worse, I couldn't live like that anymore, it was effecting everything in my life and the Nhs wouldn't help so I got out a loan to get me sorted. I couldn't even think of going back to how I was, it's just not a option. I am not in the position to get another loan at the moment so have had to reach out for help from my dad who is getting a loan for me as he knows how upset and scared I am. I have a consultation on 12th July and hope to be given the next free slot to have these things out. I'm in a state with it. I'm just worried about what this stuff is doing to my body. Is a horrible feeling and feels like the is not enough help for woman like me. Just can't wait to be free of them. :-( xxx
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia6102 30th June 2013, 1:07 pm

Sorry to hear your In pain and having a unbiased time I hope it all gets sorted for you soon , 
Big hugs x
Sophia6102
Sophia6102
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th June 2013, 1:46 pm

Youre right dafneylou, there isn't enough help out there for you and women in the same position as yourself. Its outrageous that you're having to pay for these replacements yourselves, it really is Hug 

Good to read your dad is able to help though and the 12th isn't so far away so at least you'll then have a date to look to and to have the implants removed. 

Fortunately the implants are intact, so that a good thing babe. Stay positive and soon these awful things will be out of your body and you'll be able to continue with your life. Xxx

How long have you had PIPS dafneylou?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 30th June 2013, 3:15 pm

Yeah I'm just looking forward to my comsultation on the 12th , they have been brilliant with me and arranged my pre op and sizing for the same day coz I have a way to travel, am just hoping that the is a op day very soon after that available as I am sure they have rupture now, definitely my left breast.
I had my first op oct 07 and had a revision on right breast may 08. All PIPs, went with Harley medical group. :-( xx
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th June 2013, 3:44 pm

So that's 6 years ago?

I'm unsure if you're still able to make a claim lovely but its very worth contacting a solicitor and finding out.

Although right now no-one is made to be responsible for this horrific crime against women, maybe one day... Hopefully one day, someone will and if you have a claim logged lovely then you may well be compensated for any losses you may have had.

Being 6 years now, you may not be able to claim hun, but its worth trying and seeing if you can. 

I hope the next surgery all goes well for you lovely and if you can make a claim do ask your surgeon for your PIP implants back. These can be used as evidence. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 30th June 2013, 4:13 pm

Thank you hunni, I'm definitely asking for the implants back just incase. Apparently coz my revision was 2008 it goes by that the HMG said so it should be five years. I don't know, I'm very lost with it all! :-(
Will be back to update you all when I have the next op, hopefully I can be on here happy like most of the woman and loving my new improved boobs! Xxx
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th June 2013, 4:22 pm

Think positive dafneylou - you WILL be happy babe yes  Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pr1ncessmummy 1st July 2013, 9:16 am

Hi dafneylou,

So sorry that you are having to go through this awful time! The 12th isn't far away now and you will feel a lot better when the surgery date is booked and arranged. 

I completely understand how you are feeling as i am going through the same! It makes me so angry that we are suffering like so many other women in this terrible situation. Keep smiling hun, you will be happy again soon yes .
-x-x-
pr1ncessmummy
pr1ncessmummy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 568

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 1st July 2013, 1:17 pm

I had PIP's put in in 2008 through HMG, and had them replaced last year. They weren't ruptured luckily, but I also felt as scared as you did :( Hug as Cookie has mentioned, make sure when you do go for your replacement op, you request your PIP's back. (although HMG are doing their absolute best to avoid paying ladies any compensation). Makes me so cross!!! good luck with your consult on the 12th x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 1st July 2013, 1:44 pm

Thank you for the support girls, is a very scary time for me as i'm sure it is for you too pr1ncessmummy! I see you have a surgery day, that must make you feel so much better knowing that after that date them awful things will be gone!! I am in alot of pain with mine at the moment, especially my left breast, its just so horrible not knowing what exactly that stuff is doing to our bodies, just want them out now!! Will update you once I have my date, am hoping mine will be around the same time as yours, we can support each other  through it! I can't wait to have lovely safe new boobs.
 Princess_x, I'm glad you have got them things out, HMG have been awful with me from the start, even before the PIP thing came out they were useless, I don't think they will ever do anything to help the thousands of women in need but I sure as hell will do what I can to get something, it just seems so wrong. I'm going to make sure I get the implants back. 

Thanks again girls for the support, really do appreciate it, need all the friendly words I can get while I am feeling so low xxx
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 1st July 2013, 1:45 pm

Aww huni xx firstly I'm sorry to hear you have the dreaded PIP's. and even more sorry to hear your in pain. If the pain has changed you should go back to your gp and request another scan. However as you have a consultation already booked your on the right path to gettin those horrible things out of your body xx 

Where would we be without our family's, it was y grandad who was there for me to lend me the money to pay for my BA. I love him to bits! X 

Do keep us updated, I hope your consultation goes well. X
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st July 2013, 1:46 pm

We're here for you anytime Dafneylou. You're never alone here lovely, so even if its just for a chat. Just pop in and we'll be here Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 1st July 2013, 1:57 pm

I'm glad your enjoying this for dafneylou and are finding lots of support and answers to some questions ... It's a horrible situation for you esp being in pain so fingers crossed you will have them removed ASAP xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 1st July 2013, 1:58 pm

Thank you hunni!
 I was thinking of going back to the drs but thought that I would just go through the same process of scan then meeting with consultant to then be told that I can have a removal but no replacement and thats just not an option for me so have decided that as its not long till the consultation I will just wait till i go to that and hope I can get a date asap.

Yeah I defo dont know what I would do
without my family too, I would be in alot worse state if I didn't have them to rely on, I'm very lucky! 

I see your off on holiday soon, you going anywhere nice? Is it your first time to show your new boobs off? bet you can't wait!!Smike

And Thank You Cookie, I really am glad that I was told about this site, makes such a difference being able to chat to others as I have kept my BA a secret from everyone apart from a close few and none of them have experience with BA. xxx
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 1st July 2013, 2:00 pm

Thank you Jenniferrf1, this forum is great, lots of lovely girls to talk too! Smike
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st July 2013, 2:03 pm

Well... You're in good company here babe.

I think you made a wise choice not going back to your GP. There's really no point now you're in the process of removal anyway. If there is a rupture to lefty, your surgeon will be able to tell you upon removal babe. So it would be pretty pointless to go back.

Really hoping the consultation goes well. Who is the surgeon you're seeing hun? And which clinic are you using? X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 1st July 2013, 2:08 pm

I'm going to see Adrian Richards at Aurora clinic, He has done alot of work with PIP implants and I have had email conversations with him and I'm very happy with him at the moment and hoping I feel the same after the consultation xx
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 1st July 2013, 2:40 pm

HMG have been useless with me too, they wouldn't let me see my surgeon unless I paid to have my implants replaced (at a "discounted" price of £4400!) no thanks! it makes me so angry that women are still choosing to go with them, they should be shut down! I've heard a lot of good things about Adrian Richards at Aurora. x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by pr1ncessmummy 1st July 2013, 2:46 pm

dafneylou wrote:Thank you for the support girls, is a very scary time for me as i'm sure it is for you too pr1ncessmummy! I see you have a surgery day, that must make you feel so much better knowing that after that date them awful things will be gone!! I am in alot of pain with mine at the moment, especially my left breast, its just so horrible not knowing what exactly that stuff is doing to our bodies, just want them out now!! Will update you once I have my date, am hoping mine will be around the same time as yours, we can support each other  through it! I can't wait to have lovely safe new boobs.

Yeah hun, my surgery date is set! I was hoping for an earlier date as when I got this one it was about 8 weeks away and that seemed like a lifetime away! But there are no earlier dates available now and time is passing pretty quickly anyway! At Transform they only set aside certain dates for PIP removal which is why the wait was a bit longer sad smile .

Would be good if you got a surgery date near to mine but even if not we can still support each other! It's nice to know there are other's sharing the same emotions (even though it's obviously not nice that others are suffering, but you know what I mean?).

I also agree that there's no point in having another scan, Transform offered me a scan and I said no because I felt it would just delay the process when I wouldn't keep these in even if they were in-tact! So it would be a waste of everyone's time and resources.

I will keep an eye out for your consultation day to see if you managed to get a date organised! Fingers crossed! 
-x-x-x-
pr1ncessmummy
pr1ncessmummy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 568

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 1st July 2013, 8:39 pm

Princess_X, I totally agree, I can't believe they are allowed to still operate and that women are still trusting them after how they dealt with the PIP situation!! I will always advice women to stay away from them, hopefully woman do their research and find sites like these that have the people who were effected by this and their stories and see that HMG are a place to well and truely avoid.xx

Pr1incessmummy, 8 weeks would seem a life time to me too, i will be distraught if they tell me I have to wait that long as I am in a right state at the moment.
I talked to Aurora a few hours ago and was reassured that the PIP patients are made a priority and that they try and get them sorted as soon as possible. 
I feel bad for the woman I was talking to on the phone as I was a right state crying my eyes out but she was lovely, as they have been since I first contacted them. Was told that as I am having my pre op on the 12th aswell that my op will be within the next 4 weeks from that as they only last 4 weeks then they have to do it again. Just can't wait to have a date now. 
Your date will be here in no time at all hunni, at least the is a light at the end of the tunnel for us both now. Hug xx
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by holliemolly 18th September 2013, 8:44 pm

dafneylou wrote:Hi girls,
I have PIP implants and it feels like both have ruptured, I'm in alot of pain and have all lumps and bumps on my boobs, in the passed few days it seems to of come down to just behind my nipple and its so painful, slightest touch or knock hurts, even bending forward! :-(
Has anyone else had pain with their PIPs?
I'm quite scared about it, the thought of all that horrible stuff in my body is awful!
Hi dafneylou
I don't have pips but I too think my implants have ruptured or at least one of them. They are 20 years old on the 28th of september! I am waiting to see a breast clinic consultant on the NHS as I am in quite a lot of pain. I don't want to moan to the doctors to much or anything but even typing is hurting me now. It started noticeably about 2 weeks ago where one of my boobs felt very swollen and a hard toward my armpit...now my breast is really hurting, very swollen and feels warm and tingly. Also the pain is now going up into my shoulder and back. Looking back this has happened over a period of a couple of months but I hadn't realised it. When people hugged me I had kind of held them off me so they didn't squeeze me to tight as if they did it felt a bit uncomfortable but I hadn't really registered this at the time...I had simply put the tenderness of my breast down to the time of the month. Also when I had gone out I was getting comments about my boobs looking massive and people asking if I had recently had implants! but again, I had just thought it was down to general weight gain. When I had my implants 20yrs ago you just had smooth or textured;there didn't seem to be all this choice. But nowthere is so much choice and I know I have to make a decision quick as like yourself I want the implant out asap and I want it done with the capsule intact....that way any leakage is kept inside the capsule until it has been removed. I do love my boobs and they do still look fabulous and infact I am a bit sad sad smile sad smile that they have to go cos they are part of me....does that sound mad:screwy: :-) .... but I know they have to be removed and asap. Have you chosen a surgeon yet. Sadly the surgeon that did mine 20 yrs ago has passed away. 
xxxx
holliemolly
holliemolly
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by holliemolly 18th September 2013, 9:16 pm

Hi Dafneylou...I have only just joined this site and still haven't got the hang yet so I thought you were pre surgery when I initially posted...but I am so glad to hear you are now post surgery and really hope you are feeling better. I bet you are so relieved. I do hope you are pleased with your surgery.
Hollyxxx
holliemolly
holliemolly
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next