Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Areola scarring options

3 posters

Go down

Areola scarring options  Empty Areola scarring options

Post by Vicki0712 8th May 2013, 9:54 pm

Hello
I had implants and an areola reduction due to tuberous breasts in September 2011 with mr mounir at transform. I'm happy with the size and shape of the implants however the scarring around my areolas is wide and patchy in places. The areola has also stretched back to its original size. I went back to me mounir last year and he advised that as I still had some redness I should come back the next year. I'm still bothered by it, particularly after the money I spent so have contacted transform who said they would arrange for me to see a new surgeon as me mounir now works for mya.
I have been looking into micropigmentation (scar tattooing) and am considering that as I'm not sure what transform could offer. I'm not sure i want to get revision surgery as I've already waited so long to have the boobs I've always wanted!
Does anyone have any advice on what transform could offer or on micropigmentation?
Thanks! X
Vicki0712
Vicki0712
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Areola scarring options  Empty Re: Areola scarring options

Post by COOKIE 8th May 2013, 10:44 pm

I'm sorry for your problems with scarring babe. Having just undergone scar revision myself I know how upsetting the scars can be Hug

I very much doubt any tattooing would get rid of any red scarring you have hun. Not unless you plan to go darker over the entire areola? It will be great for the patchy areas were pigmentation is lost though.

Having just looked through the procedures offered I can't seem to find anywhere that Transform do offer the tattooing anyway, so if this you're wanting then would be compensation you're looking to get?

If scar revision would be something you'd consider then the new surgeon would cut away all the old scar tissue, this then leaves fresh tissue for the surgeon to stitch up and create new and better scars for you.

As you've expressed your unhappiness about your scars for a while now then Transform will be obligated to offer you the revision IF the new surgeon is in agreement that the scars are indeed in need of the revision as long as youre still within the terms of your aftercare policy. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki0712 8th May 2013, 10:49 pm

Thanks very much, sorry I should have said the scarring is totally healed now, it's white and flat. I'd be getting the treatment with another clinic. I suspect transform may offer revision surgery as the scarring is bad but I'm just scared of it not working again or having to wait so long for results again. How did your revision go? Do you need to wait 12-18 months for the end result?
Thanks
X
Vicki0712
Vicki0712
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th May 2013, 10:56 pm

I had horrendous scarring around my areolas Vicky. Thick and red. Over an inch thick in some areas.

Now... They're so much better. Is amazing how much better they look already. But yes, as you know, scars take their time to heal and will be a year post-op at least before I see the final results but I can already see that they're a hundred times better than the last time. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki0712 8th May 2013, 11:02 pm

That's great news, I'm lucky that mine has healed ok even if its uneven and ugly. I'm just hoping to get to a point where it's not noticeable anymore! X
Vicki0712
Vicki0712
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th May 2013, 11:05 pm

If you've lost pigmentation in some areas Vicky then that's not going to ever come back... If its bad enough that Transform find a re-op would be needed then the scar revision would be what they would offer.

I very much doubt at all that they would ever compensate you though hun and if they offer a way to fix the problem and you refuse then you wouldn't have a leg to stand on legally either babe.

I PMd you too hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki0712 8th May 2013, 11:11 pm

Thanks for the message, wow! A massive improvement! I think il hold off on the micropigmentation until I've been to see if they can offer anything, your revision looks great! I can at least ask the surgeon his advice on whether its worth it. Ive waited this long another few weeks wont hurt! Will keep you posted! X
Vicki0712
Vicki0712
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th May 2013, 11:13 pm

Youre welcome hun.

Wishing you all the best when you go back to see the surgeon Vicky and please keep us updated with how things go won't you. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 11th May 2013, 11:40 am

Hi vikki, not sure if your still looking at this thread but can i ask if you paid any more on top of the BA price to have the areola reduction?
thank you!
Jen xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki0712 11th May 2013, 11:46 am

Hi Jen, it was about £500 more but not worth it for me as they stretched back out! You can get an internal stitch to prevent that happening though x
Vicki0712
Vicki0712
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 11th May 2013, 11:49 am

Oh really? sorry it didnt seem to work out for you! I have tuberous breasts too and want to have my areolas reduced so im hoping i can have this sorted out! Im meeting the surgeon on the 21st so i will let you know what he says!
Thank you for replying to me! xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki0712 11th May 2013, 11:53 am

Yes it's disappointing since now I'm left with the scarring but I've got an appointment on the 1st June so fingers crossed! Having the implant in has helped a lot though! Good luck xx
Vicki0712
Vicki0712
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 11th May 2013, 12:59 pm

Thank you, good luck to you aswell, hope you get the results you want xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki0712 2nd June 2013, 9:16 pm

Hi just an update! I went to mr mounir yesterday and he offered to reduce my areolas again for no charge. He also said if I choose to have micropigmentation it won't affect this decision. He has advised I can go back at any time until sept 14 when my warranty runs out and he will do the operation with no costs. I think I will meet with the micropigmentation expert and then decide from there. I'm very happy that he has offered the re-op although he said he can't guarantee the results again xxx
Vicki0712
Vicki0712
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 2nd June 2013, 9:27 pm

Wow Vicki that's really good of him, and it's great that you have until September 2014 to make your mind up... I decided not to have my areolas reduced at this time, at my consults I was told they are on the large size but that with implants they should look more in proportion, if not I will have them done in the future :)

Good to read your update though :D good luck with whichever decision you go with xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd June 2013, 9:51 pm

Good news then babe and best of all that you have options to explore now before making any decisions without the stress of funding a re-op should you not go down the pigmentation road.

Really happy for you hun and please let us know how things go with the tattooist. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki0712 2nd June 2013, 10:01 pm

Thanks ladies! Xxx
Vicki0712
Vicki0712