Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time off work

+3
Princess_x
Cazzyxo
achorley
7 posters

Go down

Time off work  Empty Time off work

Post by achorley 7th April 2013, 7:53 pm

So hoping to have the money up together for September time now.. But I'm already worrying about booking off for work. How much time will I need? What will they say? What can I do etc? I'm a health care assistant, just started a new job in a nursing home which is 12 hour shifts.. I do know some people in there that only do half days 8-2 or 2-8. In my old job I did home care as a health care assistant and they were more laid back as such I guess in terms of I knew them well and they knew I wanted a boob job and I knew I'd be able to get the time off until I was ready etc. I'm also mostly in the residential part of the home so not really heavy lifting as such. More assisting and bending over and picking up bags but not really heavy ones? Do I take as holiday? Or unpaid leave?

Sorry for the essay girls xx
achorley
achorley
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 590

Back to top Go down

Time off work  Empty Re: Time off work

Post by Cazzyxo 7th April 2013, 7:59 pm

Im a midwife and also work 12hrs. I took mine as holiday but i would have just taken it sick if i wasn't trying to be good to get my permanent contract. For my revision I took sick time tho. You dnt have to say why, i just said I was having an op. I'd of given a sick note if needed saying "surgery" but wouldn't say what xo
Cazzyxo
Cazzyxo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 979

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 7th April 2013, 8:00 pm

I would say 2 weeks. Up to you if you take it as holiday or unpaid leave x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th April 2013, 8:41 pm

I'd also given your type of work suggest 2 weeks off also babe. You'd also need a note which you can get from your GP to take into work when you go back to sign you off from heavy duties for the remainder of your 6 week recovery and don't worry about the note revealing you've had a BA hun they can just write that you had 'general surgery' on the note to keep everything discreet for you. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by achorley 7th April 2013, 8:47 pm

Thanks girls, 2 weeks isn't bad I guess!! Thanks cookie, I could say it was for my back I guess cause I do get problems with that and you're not supposed to heavy lift! Haha. Would they not notice I've had them done though?! There's a few people in there I wouldn't mind telling but it's some of the others.. Older staff I guess I don't think they'd understand. All my friends and family know I'm having them done so maybe I shouldn't care what they think lol! X
achorley
achorley
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th April 2013, 8:51 pm

Its entirely up to you who you wish to know about your surgery hun, but if its something you want to be kept discreet you WILL be able to disguise it and only tell those you wholeheartedly trust will keep it to themselves, otherwise the gossip will spread like wildfire!

If you aren't bothered that's different hun and then you can feel free to tell whoever you like. X

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by achorley 7th April 2013, 8:55 pm

All my friends and family have known I've wanted one since about 14 lmao! Not all the family have been massively supportive but they said its my body do as I please haha. Think they're just worried as its surgery! I don't mind them knowing in work but I just thought it sounds bad as I'm taking time off for 'cosmetic surgery', I dunno if they'd get funny because of that you know?x
achorley
achorley
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 7th April 2013, 8:56 pm

I wouldn't tell the people in work, they won't notice don't worry x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th April 2013, 8:58 pm

I understand what you mean hun but you're entitled to want to improve yourself and its no-one else's business but yours. If they have a problem with it tell them to take it up with your superiors... That'll shut them up! Ha! X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by achorley 7th April 2013, 8:58 pm

So you think princess? I'm literally nearly flat so I think they'd notice lol! Well I would anyway if someone was like me then suddenly had boobs haha x
achorley
achorley
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by achorley 7th April 2013, 8:59 pm

Yeah I guess so cookie haha! Xx
achorley
achorley
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 7th April 2013, 9:04 pm

Hi Anchorly,

I'm a nurse and was advised to take 2 weeks off as the job is heavier etc. You can self certify sick for week anyway before your GP signs you off. Like cookie said the reason can be broad like surgery. There is a section on the sick certificate which they can fill stating amended duties and they can clarify.You could say you've hurt your back, as we know it's common in this kind of work! I don't think your GP would have a problem signing you off. They seem to dish them out so readily these days! Maybe you could agree with colleagues, the ones that that you take the lighter patients post op or takeover for a bit if you feel like there are certain tasks you can't do. Do you get to request days in your rota? i get six so have requested those days after my 2 weeks off so I get more like nearly three off, if that makes sense! I didn't have to use an extra weeks hol then

XXX
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 299

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 7th April 2013, 9:09 pm

Definitely, you'd be surprised. You think people are gonna be like "OMG where did those boobs come from" but most people don't even notice unless of course they see you in a low cut boob flaunting top etc. You'll be in a sports bra for up to 12 weeks which are not the most flattering/boob flaunting things x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 8th April 2013, 8:30 pm

I was back in work after a week but I only work in an office sat down all day, so I would say 2 weeks would be better. My clinic gave me a sick note signing me off for 2 weeks and it just said "Surgery" on it so no one at would needed to know. But I took the week off as holiday anyway, thought it was easier.
If anyone asks what the surgery is for just say its ladies things.... that will shut them up.... espesh the men!! haha
x
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by dkdme5 8th April 2013, 8:52 pm

I am going to phone in sick the 1st week and take a holiday the 2nd week. I hope this will be long enough!!!!

Achorley- I am like you totally flat, I keep thinking im going to go back to work having transformed from ironing board to katie price!!!!
dkdme5
dkdme5
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 200

Back to top Go down

Post by achorley 9th April 2013, 8:03 pm

Haha I don't want Katie price I just want normal sized boobs hahaha x
achorley
achorley
BJSF Addict