Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

24 hour/ rapid recovery and minimal incision

+4
COOKIE
littlewellies
tinkerbell24
ladypom
8 posters

Go down

24 hour/ rapid recovery and minimal incision Empty 24 hour/ rapid recovery and minimal incision

Post by ladypom 8th February 2013, 2:15 am

Hey girlies,
I havn't really seen too much about this on this forum, but when I was choosing a surgeon, this was a big thing for me.
And I have to say, I am soooo impressed.
I am just over a week post op, could get myself out of bed day 2 (but still milking my partner to mollycoddle me hehe, shh), and I stopped taking painkillers on the third day, I had full reign of movement the day of surgery, as for dressings my cut is just over an inch long. I barely had morning boob either haha and my sensation is almost complete.
Also, my breasts felt sooo soft on day 5 and where barely sitting high- now on day 9 and I'm fine!!
The worst part to be honest, is the sleeping elevated part and as much as I enjoy not having to do housework- argh the frustration when it's not done just the way you like it haha!! And also wine. I miss wine ;)
ladypom
ladypom
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

24 hour/ rapid recovery and minimal incision Empty Re: 24 hour/ rapid recovery and minimal incision

Post by ladypom 8th February 2013, 2:25 am

Also, may I add the procedure is sometimes called the 'bloodless technique'.
And here is an overview:
For the duration of the procedure, the operation is performed in a very accurate manner to minimize injury to the breast tissue. Usually, much of the work within the breast is done bluntly, causing trauma, bleeding and postoperative pain. In case of being more precise and gentle, the body underwent less inflammation and postoperative discomfort. (They use a special tool that quartetizes, meaning minimal bleeding and trauma and is proven to reduce complications, especially capsular contracture. )

After operation the need for a tight and uncomfortable surgical bra is noticeably reduced. This allows the implants to settle into their final and natural position more quickly. Adding to this, you are encouraged to begin unobstructed movement of your arms immediately after surgery. This significantly reduces inflexibility and discomfort and speeds your return to normal.

Less Painful - Since during the procedure there is less trauma to nerve tissue the recovery process is much less painful. Unlike the recovery from traditional breast augmentation which involves the use of pain killer for a week or even longer most Rapid Recovery patients use less than 3 or 4 pain pills throughout their entire recovery period!
Quicker Recovery - The reduced pain and trauma allows the body to recover faster. Most Rapid Recovery patients are back to normal activities, with the exceptions of heavy lifting and strenuous exercise, after 24 hours, and back to work in 2-3 days.
Less Risky - Because the Rapid Recovery technique leads to far less inflammation, the amount of swelling and bruising is also reduced compared to a traditional breast augmentation. Most of the bruising will be gone after a few days, and most of the swelling will be gone in a week. The risk of serious problems like bleeding is also reduced with the Rapid Recovery technique, as is the risk of minor problems that can occur after using prescription pain pills for extended period of time. (May I add I have had absolutely no bruising whatsoever!)
ladypom
ladypom
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

24 hour/ rapid recovery and minimal incision Empty Re: 24 hour/ rapid recovery and minimal incision

Post by tinkerbell24 8th February 2013, 7:49 am

what about all the internal.stitches etc they would still need the "normal" time to heal would they not. i was up and about day 1 had to be with tge kids and was washing my hair etc too

intersting procedure but but ive never heard of it til now. where did younread about it xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by ladypom 8th February 2013, 7:52 am

It's really growing over here- I just read about it on Ozzie surgeons sites- it started with a dr called tebbets. Thought I would add the info here anyway :)
ladypom
ladypom
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 8th February 2013, 8:04 am

yeah gd read!! def read into it even though im po xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by ladypom 8th February 2013, 8:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (my surgeon!!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I coulld go on... but yea it's huge here!

ladypom
ladypom
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewellies 8th February 2013, 10:41 am

Sounds great, a bit of a tease to someone who is 2 days post op with under tho lol xx
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 970

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th February 2013, 11:05 am

I've read good and bad about this technique... Surgeons who use it tend to use only moderate sized implants which reduce any risk of complication (the smaller the implant, the lower the risks) the name 'rapid recovery' is also being used as a sales ploy.

Women also have different pain thresholds so were one woman can get up and about in a couple of days another might take a lot longer.

Women heal differently, some women's breasts are sat high right after their BA taking time to drop and settle and some have their implants looking great right away.

Also having more invasive surgeries such as uplifts need as little pressure on the wounds as possible. If your stretching and changing duvets lol right away, chances are you're going to increase the risk of complication

Take me for example. My first BA. I didnt have this 'rapid recovery' op and yet I was up and about and feeling great almost straight away!

2 BA and uplift and capsulectomy - I was floored! It took me two weeks to get over that one

2 very different recoveries on the same woman.

Some surgeons using this technique have spoken about their patients out dancing that same night, the risk of having general anaesthetic alone is dangerous to have you up and about so soon.

I've also read about the greater risk of heamatoma due to the excessive movement after surgery.and they're knocking these BAs out in half an hour!

For me, I'd rather have a surgeon who took their time and I'd rather give my body time to recover. Any surgery you have is traumatic to your body and it won't heal over night, so its just not for me. Too many question marks for me and I'm definitely not sold on it. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 8th February 2013, 12:42 pm

I'd never heard of the technique.
At the end of the day I think a ba is a ba and you're ultimately having the same procedure just done with 'extra ' gentlest I suppose and it's just dressing up a ba procedure, which to me actaully can be quite misleading.
No 2women are going to have the same recovery in fact all of us recover differently, quicker, slower, etc. and some people bruise some do not, for me I had no bruising .
It varies on the Individuals recovery than the tequnine in my personal opinion.
And cookie has given a great example of having the procedure done twice with two total different outcomes.
To me a ba is a ba and each surgeon has their own technique anyway but it's all the same procedure. X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 8th February 2013, 1:47 pm

I've heard of it... Tbh most surgeons use a diathermy to cut and cauterise as they go. Reducing blood loss is a major part of any surgery.

It's not for me. I've been up and about after both my BA (with huge hematoma) and my revision (BA, uplift and Capsulectomy). I would like to see the rate of complications from this rapid recovery in 10 years compared to conventional recovery. Whilst the actual surgery is reduced there's no information on the healing process and any problems 10 years down the line. I did read it was for a small number of women with small implants. For me it's not something I would wish to get back to normal quickly. I had a laparoscopy which knocked me out for 4 weeks and thats key hole.
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by sbsxx 8th February 2013, 2:07 pm

Interesting read.

I agree with the ladies, no two people have the same recovery. People have different pain thresholds, some ladies will bruise more and generally some ladies take longer to get back to the normal routine of things.
You could have the same surgeon performing the same procedure on two women and their recovery will be different.

In my case, i left the hospital with my pain meds and didn't have to take any, they still sit in my bedside drawer. I did not bruise at all. Was back to normal the next day, getting myself in/out bed etc. I do get the morning boob for a couple of seconds... is my recovery down to my surgeons technique or my own body?
Whatever the case....how i have recovered with this BA...touch wood. I would go to the end of the earth to get my surgeon again...she did a brilliant job
sbsxx
sbsxx
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by friedeggs 23rd April 2013, 8:31 pm

Thanks ladypom fir thus post xx
My surgeon uses the 24-hr recovery technique but he still informed me that where one patient might have very little pain another might hav a lot because every patient is different! It was john tebbett in Texas I think who began this technique and my surgeon trained under him for a while I'd luv if it worked at minimising the pain after surgery but I'm preparing for the worst incase it doesn't work I'm happy my surgeon uses it tho because the more chance if reducing pain the better :ok: xx
friedeggs
friedeggs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down