Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pain????

+8
_Carrie_
Miss Ellie
loo3
claire265
Annie66
nads
misf1
neenee
12 posters

Go down

Pain???? Empty Pain????

Post by neenee 6th June 2009, 10:36 am

:sad: :pale: Hi girls

just after a bit of advice really, how many days did it take for the pain/discomfort to ease? i had my BA on Wed and i am still in so much pain!!! it seems to be more the right boobie than anythin......its kinda like a burning pain around the top/cleaverage part of the implant!!! it burns so bad when i want to get out of bed etc.....so much that it took me almost an hr to actually get out of bed this morning......with the help of my 3yr old!!!! Ive also had to put on a tight top today to give me a bit of support cause without it i am in constant pain. I spoke to my nurse yesterday an she said not to wear a bra, just put a crop top on instead, but i avnt been able to go out and get one, so makin do for now with the top, the pain is still there but not as bad!!!

I always thort i had a very high pain threshold......after my 67 hr labour, but obviously i was wrong and this feels more painful!!!

should i phone the nurse or wait a few more days for the pain to ease?

any advice is much appreciated girls
Thanks

xxx
neenee
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Pain???? Empty Re: Pain????

Post by misf1 6th June 2009, 10:42 am

Sounds like you had unders hun, I had overs so cant really help. Are you taking the pain killers every few hours.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 6th June 2009, 10:46 am

I had unders and didnt have any pain, they just ached a bit for the first couple of weeks. I would take the codeine if i were you as theres no point you being in so much pain just so you dont get 'bunged up'. You should feel better in a week or so hun
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 6th June 2009, 10:48 am

I think perhaps you should try and get hold of some painkillers with codine in them as it doesn't sound like the paracetamol is working for you. Obviously there are drawbacks with co-codamol (constipation Rolling Eyes ) but I don't think it's good for your recovery to be in this kind of pain either ... must be very draining for you Hug

A xx
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Post by neenee 6th June 2009, 10:50 am

hi hun, yes i had unders, yep even took my mums very strong ones last night, they didnt work at all :pale: x
neenee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by neenee 6th June 2009, 10:52 am

i took paracetamol bout 2 hrs ago can i still have some codine or will i have to wait a while? x
neenee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 6th June 2009, 10:54 am

Not sure about mixing those two but you could take an ibuprofen with the paracetomal, thats what i did
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by neenee 6th June 2009, 10:55 am

thanks hun x
neenee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by claire265 6th June 2009, 1:26 pm

Hi - I had the exact same pain in my right one on days 3 and 4! It got so bad that I walked round like my right arm was in a sling - I was convinced something was wrong! I was told to take cocaodamol which eased it slightly but I also got some arnica tablets which I took from day 3 and by day 5 the pain had eased off lots! I am not six weeks post op and my right one still gives me a bit of pain every now and again but nothing too much! Hope you feel better soon and the pain will have been worth it!
Claire x
claire265
claire265
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by loo3 6th June 2009, 2:17 pm

Yup u can take codeine and paracetamol together. Codeine (30-60mg) is every 6hours though so dont take too many! If it keeps hurting go to the GP and they can give you a stonger anti-inflammatory to help with the swelling. Arnica is def a good idea :)
Hope that helps
Lucy x
loo3
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ellie 6th June 2009, 2:30 pm

Aww, sorry to hear you're in so much pain.

You could always go to your GP and ask for him to prescribe you Diclofneac? It's an anti-anflamitory drug & one of strongest painkillers you an have that hasn't got an opiate base (which is what bungs you up).

For now write a medication plan. You can have 1000mg paracetamol 4 times a day & 600mg Ibuprofen 3 times a day. If you plan it right you'll be ablt to take a tablet reqular and not be at the stage when you're in agony.

Ellie
x
Miss Ellie
Miss Ellie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by neenee 6th June 2009, 8:01 pm

thanks girls, ive been taking arnica for 2 weeks now, it seems to be working as i cant see any bruising what so ever, just gunna have 2 codine to try an give me a decent sleep....got a miss proper sleep so much!!! ha.

if the pain continues am guna give the nurse a ring, but hopefully it'll start to ease (x).

Thanks for all your advice

xxx
neenee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 6th June 2009, 9:54 pm

I agree with Ellie about the medication plan - I timed it so I was taking something every 3 hours all day and then a codeine at night for the first few days.

I remember that burning pain and it's HORRIBLE - just everything knitting back together but it was all gone by 10 days post-op so not long to go...

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 7th June 2009, 11:36 am

I had unders and had no real pain, just achey. That went away after about 4 weeks x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 7th June 2009, 4:12 pm

Hey lovely, how you feeling today?

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 7th June 2009, 4:30 pm

Hope you are feeling better today!!! It all sounds normal healing process with unders. All the internal bruising and settling. Thinking of you. Hug xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by neenee 7th June 2009, 8:05 pm

Hi Girls

Im feeling a hell of a lot better today, been able to get up and out of bed no problem....think the 2 doses of codine helped alot!!

my right boob is still a bit sore and it hasnt dropped as much as the left (im right handed if this makes a diff) but nowere near as much pain as yesterday!!!

I even managed a half shower on my own!! YAY!!

Thanks very much for all the advice u have all given me, you all helped me put my mind @ ease x x x Hug i really appreciate it xx Heart
neenee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zobubly 7th June 2009, 8:10 pm

HI,

I had unders and only 5 days ago. im in no pain atall. and really only felt pain when i first woke up from the surgery.
since that it just feels like pressure and alot of it but no pain. infact i have had so much more pain from where they put the IV in my left arm! its been agony! so bad i had to stop using my arm for a coupl eof days!
hope you feel better soon hun!
zobubly
zobubly
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 7th June 2009, 8:15 pm

AH!! The difference a day makes :) Can only get better!! You are doing good...just listen to your body and rest when it tells you. Hug xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by neenee 7th June 2009, 8:17 pm

hi hun

oh the pain was horrible it was a weird burning pain in my righty everytime i moved or tried to sit up....so glad its eased off!!!
it weird how diff it affects people isnt it? you woulnt even no i had a iv in my arm, just a tiny scab an not 1 bit bruised!! i no how u feel tho when i was in labour i had an over zelous nurse put my iv in and my whole hand swelled up and i tried to rag it out cause it hurt so much!!

thanks hun x hope your feelin ok too xx
neenee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 7th June 2009, 8:43 pm

Glad you're feeling better! Day by day you'll notice improvements for the next few months

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 7th June 2009, 8:48 pm

aww, glad to hear you're feeling better - the only way is up now! :)
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Post by neenee 9th June 2009, 9:27 am

hi girls, just a quickie really, is there a reason why my hands have suddenly started to peel? id this some sort of side effect or nothin to do with my BA at all?

cheers guys :lol:
neenee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down