Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Consultation...

+9
ciantwo
Doublethetrouble2012
alexandria18
balamoryyellfruit
mrsball
COOKIE
Shazcott
jakki32
goldilockz1984
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Consultation... Empty My Consultation...

Post by goldilockz1984 30th November 2012, 8:33 pm

Hi guys,

I thought I'd tell you all about my consultation today, partly to help fill in any newbies about what happens at one and partly to see if anyone had a similar experience or had certain issues that my PS brought to my attention today. I'll try not to yabber on too much!

My consultation was with Mr Withey at St Johns Wood in London. I live in Yorkshire so had travelled down the day before, but felt it was worth the extra hassle and journey since Mr Withey's credentials are so impressive. I had high expectations of him but he certainly met them! I felt he was extremely warm and caring, not trying to be, just that way naturally and he treated me like an individual as opposed to just another potential boob job. I felt immediately at ease in his presence.

He asked me what I was looking to have done, as well as a few basic health questions then fairly quickly, he examined my breasts. That was a little nerve wracking and I couldn't look him in the eye (no man has seen my boobs within 10 minutes of meeting!) but I grinned and beared it, telling myself he's seen thousands of boobs before! He was very professional clinical about it, which put me at ease. He invited a nurse into the room to overlook the process while he was taking measurements etc. and she was lovely, but I was even more nervous with her in the room.

Anyway, when we sat down, he said that due to the way my breasts are, there are some things that couldn't be done. I had told him previously that I'd been anorexic for much of my teens and as a result, felt I had never got round to developing properly. He told me that my skin, as a result of this massive weight loss previously, lacked elasticity and I had 'empty' breasts which is pretty much spot on. They don't droop but are quite low down on my chest. He said the muscle was very high whereas the breast tissue was very low, so over the muscle would be out of the question because it would look too unnatural and the implant would kind of start in an area that doesn't have any tissue and has thin skin, if that makes any sense! He said I'd almost definitely get double bubble if the implant were subglandular so it would have to be submuscular, which is what I wanted anyway.

He also said that I had a bit of asymmetry: that my left boob sits to the side while the right one is lower and a bit wider. Now with all my critical inspecting of my boobs, I'd never noticed this so he must have been very precise!

He described the process I'd be going through and we talked about some of my concerns, with regards to travelling, going it alone etc. We also discussed capsular contracture and the type of implants used. I had read some concerning things about silicone and we talked about those for a while, and he dispersed some myths while I furiously took notes. He told me he always uses silicone and that saline was more likely to ripple.

I had written a list of questions and even though he'd answered most of them already, he very patiently answered the remaining questions. I asked about profiles and he explained this to me, saying that he never recommends high profile implants and certainly wouldn't for my frame. He said either full or moderate profile would be recommended (I'm guessing full = low profile? I'm not sure though). I think moderate would be best as I don't want them too flat and wide.

I asked to see some of his work annd he eagerly obliged. He had hundreds of photos and went through a few trying to find someone whose breasts were similar to mine. He showed me a few and I was very impressed. I'd taken in a photo I'd found but he was quite critical of it, saying the placement was wrong and the nipple was too low down, but his work was so good that I had since forgotten about the photo. I told him I wanted to look as natural as possible and he said I would. Actually, all the photos he showed me looked extremely natural and modestly sized. He said he has never gone bigger than 500cc and very rarely goes above around 330cc.

The for the fun part: trying on the implants! I had never seen an implant before and I loved them! So soft and squidgey! He gave me a few to try on: 240cc, 270cc, 300cc, 330cc. I tried on the 240 first and it did nothing for me. I still looked pretty baggy chested and it was too moderate for me. I am almost 6ft tall so while a 240 implant might look great on someone smaller, it kind of disappeared on my frame. It was only when I tried on the 300cc that I thought it made a difference. It looked natural, totally in proportion. Now I have to decide whether I want 'natural and modest' or 'natural and big', which is what the 330cc seeemed to give me (not much of a size difference but somehow it was noticable). When I was in the consultation, I thought I'd definitely go for the 300 but having thought about it, I'm wondering whether I should go the next size up, get a little more for my money (or am I just getting boobie greed?!) My concern is that the larger size might make me look a bit...well...fat unless I'm wearing tight clothes. I don't know if that will strike a chord with anyone. I'm just used to being skinny up top and the 330 made me look maybe a little TOO curveaceous...I'm a little unsure.

He noted 300 provisionally and we discussed the shape and incision site of the implant. He said that 20% of his cases are anatomical implants, the rest are round. He said that given my droopy boobs (he put it slightly more tactically than that!) the anatomical implants would be very suitable. However, my concern would be that they will turn around and become asymmetrical, which I think happens in around 5% of cases, and would need further surgery to correct, so I decided on the round implants. These cost £5150 while the anatomical ones cost £5350. They're quite a lot more than I thought, prices must have gone up recently, but I don't think cost-cutting is the way to go, otherwise I'd be in some Belgium clinic being butchered by an amateur suregon as we speak! It means that I still have a bit of saving to go though...

Although I think extremely highly of Mr Withey and the consultation could not have gone any better (except for maybe him telling me my breasts weren't at all droopy or asymmetrical!), I am still intending to see another surgeon. I am going to book an appointment with Mrs Kat in Birmingham as I've heard good things about her, and would really like the opinion of another surgeon before proceeding.

Anyway, my experience was a positive one and I am very excited now. Mr Withey was upfront about the risks but when the positives outweigh the potential negatives, you know you're making the right choice. I'm going to go to Tesco tomorrow and buy a massive bag of rice to do the rice test, and perhaps start my picture trail too. Sorry to have yabbered on, just like I promised I wouldn't! Hope that post helps someone out there! xxx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

My Consultation... Empty Re: My Consultation...

Post by jakki32 30th November 2012, 8:44 pm

Glad it went well xxx he sounds lovely and thorough xxx best of luck
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 30th November 2012, 9:08 pm

Thank you Jakki! Yes, he was definitely thorough! I expected to be there 5 mins but was over an hour which was great! I didn't want to leave! xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazcott 30th November 2012, 9:17 pm

That was a good read goldilockz seems like you got a lot of good info, I also had the dilemma of whether to pick 410 or 460 and decided on 460 was worried about looking fat but it hasn't done that at all :thumbs: I'm glad I made the choice I did thou. Good to see another surgeon too. Glad it went well for you Hun xxx
Shazcott
Shazcott
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 502

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 30th November 2012, 9:19 pm

Hi Shaz,
I have a few lbs to lose so I think when I do that it'll look better. Love the slim but curvy look! The 300ccs were 'fine' but who wants 'fine' when you're paying £5k?!! I want 'woweee!!!' xxx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazcott 30th November 2012, 9:39 pm

Exactly goldilockz my sentiments exactly....I was nervous picking the larger implant but glad I did, I wore a dress today and even with sports bra I was proud of my new assets :thumbs: you will definitely be woweee!!! It's so nice to wear clothes and feel womanly at last. Are you feeling happy after your consultation? Xxx
Shazcott
Shazcott
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 30th November 2012, 9:43 pm

Really happy Shaz, it finally feels 'real'! I am almost 6ft so I figure 30cc isn't THAT much of a difference for it to look unnatural, but having a feww doubts now...xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazcott 30th November 2012, 9:47 pm

Well I'm only 4ft 11 lol and I was a greedy and chose 460 Hysterical they still look ok for my frame I just feel like I have a nice full bust nothing unnatural. I made rice boobies and put them in my macom, that was what made me finally make my mind up.
Glad your happy Hun Hug it's natural to have doubts about size it was only on the day that I told my ps when he came to draw on me that I'd changed my mind lol. You will be fine xxx
Shazcott
Shazcott
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th November 2012, 9:50 pm

Sounds like you've done your homework babe. Glad the consultation went well for you and looking forward to hearing how the next one goes in comparison. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 30th November 2012, 9:53 pm

Glad all went well look foward to hearing how your next consulation goes also xxx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by balamoryyellfruit 30th November 2012, 9:56 pm

I'm glad it went well and that you liked the surgeon chick, it sounds quite like mine. I got told my breasts were tuberous in my consultation and then when i looked it up and it said "deformity" i pretty much died for the weekend My Consultation... 3682496823 i was recommended anatomicals as well tho to balance out the tuberous shape so i think i'm motivated to get polyurethane anatomicals to reduce the risk of CC and flipping and 5stonedown showed me a great youtube video that made my mind up on these My Consultation... 881071208 x x x x
balamoryyellfruit
balamoryyellfruit
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1623

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.T

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 30th November 2012, 10:10 pm

Thanks guys, I will definitely post my experience with Mrs Kat and what she recommends. A bit scared that I'll like her as much as I love Mr Withey (he is amazing. I was just baffled by his knowledge) and won't know who to choose!

Balamory: would you mind showing me the YouTube clip please? I'm not an active member yet and still haven't seen any picture trails so my boobie greed is currently unsatisfied! Yeah I wasn't too pleased when I was told about my own deformity, so I know exactly how you felt. Strange thing is, I have always kind of liked my boobs and thought they were totally symmetrical until I was told otherwise! Boyfriends in the past have complimented them on being 'lovely, small and pert' but Mr Withey said it's the same droop that women who've breastfed experience. Oh dear. Not really bothered at all because I know how badly anorexia messed up my body and I'm trying to make amends now, but it's pretty disheartening to hear.

Shaz, your boobs look amazing! And I'd never have known the implants were so big. I think I'd definitely want to be a 330 cc in that case. I've always been called Jessica Rabbit by my friends because of my height and red hair, and I think having relatively big boobs will top of the similarities nicely! xxx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th November 2012, 10:24 pm

Have you overcome the anorexia now babe? Did Mr Whitey discuss this with you at all?

Do feel free to ignore if its something you'd rather not discuss Give You xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandria18 1st December 2012, 1:51 am

I really enjoyed reading that and how it compared with my consultations. I had wished I had did my research a bit better and gone in with more questions as well as asked more in general. I wish I had found this site sooner or else I would've for sure! Sounds like it went really well and that you left it feeling confident in your choices (other than cc's, which is so difficult!). I got 300's and wish I had gone a bit bigger, but I'm pretty happy with them as they heal more and more. Definitely do the rice test a few times to get more comfortable with the sizes. Good luck, hun xx
alexandria18
alexandria18
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by Doublethetrouble2012 1st December 2012, 8:06 am

Really enjoyed reading about your consultation, glad it all went well for you xx
Doublethetrouble2012
Doublethetrouble2012
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by ciantwo 1st December 2012, 1:01 pm

Glad your consultation went well, he sounds great! I don't think there's much difference in 30cc and I think they will be slightly smaller once in than when you tried them on too so I would go for the bigger. People always says they wish they went for the bigger size.
ciantwo
ciantwo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st December 2012, 1:41 pm

ciantwo wrote: People always says they wish they went for the bigger size.

Not all want to go bigger. There are many who wish they'd gone smaller and if there wasn't enough difference in CCs to make a difference there would be no point really in the manufacturers producing the different sizes in CC.

This is why it's so important to get it right 'pre-op' and if anyone is unsure to go back to their surgeon until they are sure and keep going back until they're 100% sure!

Also always think about the fact that if your boobs feel like they're small you always have the option open to you later to go bigger by having another BA. But if you feel that your boobs are too big then the only way to go smaller is to have further scarring from an uplift to reduce the breast size.

Theres a lot to take into consideration when choosing your breast size and taking time to do these things pre-op really will pay off post-op. :flowers:
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kmaise3 1st December 2012, 2:58 pm

I enjoyed reading this, sounds like you had a great experience with him!

What sort of size (roughly) were you hoping to achieve?

I can understand what you meant about "Implants looking lost on your body" because your so tall, i'm 5'11. :thumbs:

Also i don't think they would make you look 'fat' just in proportion with your curves! But it does take a while to get used to looking down and seeing them there! :doh:
Kmaise3
Kmaise3
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by Totty1982 1st December 2012, 8:10 pm

Goldilocks,

Wow what a great thread, it struck a lot of cords with me. I am also tall like you (5'8) with an athletic body shape as I'm very sporty however have hips to match. I know what you mean when you say you are concerned about looking fat once you have boobs as you are used to seeing yourself looking slender with small boobs.

I've always liked my boobs however during my 20's I loved wearing dresses etc with no need for a bra but now I'm nearly 30 they are no longer as 'pert' as they once were and I live for my super uber push up max lift bras haha!
Like you when I first saw my surgeon he pointed out that I have different sized boobs, I hadn't ever noticed however know he wouldn't have been doing his job properly if he had not pointed it out. I tried various sized from 300 up to 380 and am thinking of going for 345 and 365 unders.
I don't want to be too big but equally don't want to pay all this money for not a lot of gain ( booby greed lol)
I have since been back and spoken to my surgeon again and he recommended 380 again as said he has never had anyone who wanted to be smaller however I do not want to be the first one! I am not getting them done so everyone will look at my boobs I'm doing it so I can feel better about my body as I work hard to keep slim and fit.
Let me know how you get on at your next consultation?

Thanks

Dawn
Totty1982
Totty1982
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 332

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 1st December 2012, 8:43 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry, I didn’t get a notification that my post had replies
for some reason! I’m glad you enjoyed reading my experience. When I finally get
a BA, I’ll be sure to detail every aspect, I have found reading the experiences
of others on this site so inspiring and exciting!

Cookie, yes I discussed this with Mr Withey. He wanted to
make sure that my food issues were under control and asked about my weight and
eating patterns, how much my weight fluctuated etc. I am a little overweight
now (well, not over weight but over the
weight I’d like to be) but the imminent BA is going to help me lose those last
few lbs!

Hi Alexandria,

To be honest, I’d have been screwed if I hadn’t done my
research before my consultation yesterday. My PS used a lot of jargon that I’d
otherwise have had no idea about. The previous night I couldn’t sleep so did a
lot of research online. Still unsure what ‘fluffing’ means, can anyone clarify
this? That’s great you got 300ccs! Do you happen to have any pics? I ask
because our pre-BA size is the same so I’d love to see what yours turned out
like, although I realise it’s still very early days for you. I hope you’re
healing nicely xxx

Ciantwo,

Yes, I am definitely thinking of the 330ccs now, especially
as I’ll be having unders and so they will look a little smaller. 330cc is still
very modest I feel. I am going to do the rice test tonight. 300 cc is more or
less what I am now with padded bras. I feel that 330 cc is just a little bit
more, which is nice because even with padded bras, my boobs are still titchy!

Kmaise,

Thanks hun! I would like to be a D cup. I am currently a 34
or 36B so I feel two cup sizes is quite moderate. Anything bigger would be too
obvious on me and I think would be difficult for me to pull off as I have a bit
of a boyish figure being so tall. Oh, just saw your avi. Geez, yours look
phenomenal! What a cleavage girl! I’m loving that dress too! Congrats!

Totty1982,

Thank you so much, I’m glad you enjoyed the post. Yeah, I
guess I can’t pull off the Kate Moss heroin chic look anymore when I have my
BA, but skinny has been out for a while! It’s good to read you’ve always liked
your boobs as I too am quite fond of mine, even if they are ‘empty’. I think
maybe they’re heading south as I get older though and the lack of fullness is
becoming more apparent. I totally understand what you mean about not wanting to
be too big but also not wanting to spend so much money on something that barely
makes a difference. That’s exactly why I’m thinking of the 330ccs. However, I
would treat your surgeon’s words with caution. Just because no one else has
wanted to be smaller than 380, doesn’t mean you’ll be the same. What my PS
stated was that we are all very different in our beginning shapes and the look
we want to achieve, so I don’t think your PS can generalise his previous
experience to you. If 345-365 feels right for you, you must go with your
instincts. My goals are exactly the same as yours: to feel better about my
body. I think that even a 345cc will make a huge difference to your self-esteem
and body image. Looking forward to hearing how your BA goes, when are you
hoping to have it done?

Jen xxx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st December 2012, 10:51 pm

goldilockz1984 wrote:Cookie, yes I discussed this with Mr Withey. He wanted to
make sure that my food issues were under control and asked about my weight and
eating patterns, how much my weight fluctuated etc. I am a little overweight
now (well, not over weight but over the
weight I’d like to be) but the imminent BA is going to help me lose those last
few lbs!

You should be very proud of yourself getting your eating habits under control Hug

You chosen surgeon may well want to contact your GP about your previous eating disorder, just to ensure they're in agreement that you're fit for surgery. But as you're doing so well now you have nothing at all to be concerned about babe. Just thought I'd mention it in case you thought it was aimed specifically at you if they did. It's not hun. Anyone with a history of depression or body issues will probably have to be checked on before having surgery. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 1st December 2012, 11:12 pm

Hi cookie,

Thank you so much. You always strike me as such a lovely and thoughtful person in your posts, I appreciate your kind words My Consultation... 48411
My PS did ask if it would be ok to contact my GP regarding my medical history and I said it would be, although I've moved away from home since I was a teen and had anorexia so my current GP won't know anything about it besides what's on their screen. I don't mind the PS knowing my medical history though, I realise it's necessary. Just went to the 24 hour Tesco and bought a D cup sports bra and some rice, but forgot the measuring jug, doh! My Consultation... 869500
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ftmum1986 2nd December 2012, 5:42 pm

Thanks for the info regarding your consultation...as a newbie it is great to know what to expect! dance
Ftmum1986
Ftmum1986
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 2nd December 2012, 6:07 pm

No problem at all hun! Glad I could be of help xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by balamoryyellfruit 2nd December 2012, 7:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the link that 5stonedown showed me on the polyurethane's chick :smiler: i'm sure you'll agree they look amazing Flash and congratulations on overcoming anorexia babe. You've done so well and you should be really proud of yourself Hug x x x x x
balamoryyellfruit
balamoryyellfruit
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1623

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next