Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Weeks post Op - REVISION booked for this Monday.

+6
roxanne
*Alice*
COOKIE
kay
Wishful
GCMum21
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2 Weeks post Op - REVISION booked for this Monday. Empty 2 Weeks post Op - REVISION booked for this Monday.

Post by GCMum21 6th July 2012, 5:55 am

Hi girls,
Well, the worst has happened and we have realised that I need a revision and that the wrong profile for my breasts was recommended and chosen
So, I am in again on Monday...any thoughts / advice on the following, no matter what they are, are greatly appreciated:

I have an anatomical implant put in 310 Nuance, is is a hybrid between round and strictly anatomical. Because it is a furry brazillian, there is no dropping. The shape of the implant is wrong for my breast, I had sag - the shape looks like an egg laying in its side, which has filled the skin at its highest point and left spare skin in the under nipple area. It is not going to settle or mould to the implant in any way. Because I have breastfeeding sag, I need to fill the tissue under my nipple, which means an implant that has the bulk of the volume resting in the lower pole - strictly anatomical.

NOW, I have a choice between 315cc Natural and 360cc Natural. There is nothing in between. I didn't want to go as large as 360cc, but am afraid it is the only size that will fill my breast naturally. Believe it or not, my PS will NOT comment or make a commitment/suggestion as to the size that will fill the breast..so I need your help peeps.

The 310's that I have fill all the upper pole ( almost to stretching point) and nipple area and simply falls away under the nipple - so in theory the 315cc should do the job, with all of the volume shifted to the lower pole and a natural slope instead of concave bump in the upper pole....does this make sense?

There is a time issue, need to get in there and change the implant before the polyurethane starts to bond with my flesh...

I am 5'7" and 59kgs - relatively slim - not petite thought, normal body - size 10 generally.
Lost confidence and need any thoughts.

Thank you

xoxo
GCMum21
GCMum21
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

2 Weeks post Op - REVISION booked for this Monday. Empty Re: 2 Weeks post Op - REVISION booked for this Monday.

Post by Wishful 6th July 2012, 6:16 am

I can't really offer any here hunni as I haven't really seen many before and afters with anatomicals, and certainly not with any hybrids?
What I will say is that it seems unusual for a PS to suggest a re-op so soon, most PS seem to recommend waiting up to 6 months for the implant to settle, gravity to do its thing and the implant drop and fluff .
AdmIttedly that generally is with rounds, but I'm sure gravity is still going to affect the anatomicals/hybrids too!
Did the PS say anything about dropping and fluffing to you hun?
Im sure one of the mods will come back to you soon sweetie and be a bit more helpful than me xxx
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

2 Weeks post Op - REVISION booked for this Monday. Empty Re: 2 Weeks post Op - REVISION booked for this Monday.

Post by GCMum21 6th July 2012, 6:36 am

Hi Wishful, thank you xxx
I have furry brazilians, which do not drop, they do fluff I believe, though to be honest I am not sure what that means :-)
Yes, it is strange for the PS to offer such a revision, he says its because he thinks I can't handle waiting, whatever that means! i said I am happy to wait if he can confidently advise that my end result WILL be in line with my goal pictures....he can't/won't do this and then the conversation gets all convoluted and he loops back to reiterating what a great guy he is and what great work he does....nice, but not helping me today...
BTW i LOVE your avatar, whose work is that? It reminds of my own drawings...is it marble...is really is special...
xoxoxox
GCMum21
GCMum21
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 6th July 2012, 6:45 am

I have to say hunni with the loop in conversation and lack of information. Your PS is giving you, I'd be tempted for a second opinion!
I'll post a link to the thread with a drop and fluff diagram on below in a sec.
Who was it who initiated discussions of a re op hunni was it you it the PS?

You know I could t even tell you! It was in the courtyard of a building in Paris (gated off so I don't really think we were meant to be in there so I took a quick snap and was gone! It will soon be replaced by very full sports bra when I get myself sat at a laptop! X
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 6th July 2012, 6:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Diagram is on page two of thread xxx
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 6th July 2012, 7:08 am

Sorry that you face the prospect of a reop xx

I must say I have to agree with Wishful hun xx I would be very wary of being operated on for a second time by someone who WON'T comment on the best way to achieve the result I want...... nope

From your descritpion it sounds like you might need a mastopexy shrug You are really early on PO as well, normally the PS would advise a bit of waiting time xx

I can't really help with the size as I'm not sure that just changing the size of implant is going to fix the issue shrug perhaps a second opinion would be a good idea :thumbs:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th July 2012, 10:15 am

I have to be honest GCMum there's a lot that your surgeon has said that just doesn't add up lovely.

Anatomicals are generally advised for women with very little or no body fat as they have the best chance of the skin being able to cover the implant and making the implant less visible.

If you're wanting to achieve fullness or bulk as you say to the lower pole then a round implant is going to give you that. Im shocked that you were told anatomical implants were the only implant that were going to help you achieve that.

After dropping into the pocket sweetheart a round implant then falls and takes on the form of an anatomical shape, filling out the lower pole of the breast and losing the full upper pole that they have early post op from rounds.

Surgeons would dont just agree to revision babe no matter how much you kicked up a fuss for a re-op. If they felt you were jumping the gun and needed to give boobs time, revision just doesn't happen so your surgeon must feel you have a reason for revision surgery but it's confusing and concerning why he won't help suggest the best way forward . shrug

I understand the time issue you have with these 'furry' implants babe but really feel like you need to talk more with your surgeon. I tend to agree with Kay too that a mastopexy does sound like the best way forward to achieve the look you're wanting. To fill the sagging skin you then have to opt for a larger implant, but in doing so you risk not achieving the natural result you first wanted.

Now I'm not for a moment saying the 360s won't look natural, I don't know, this is something your surgeon should be helping you with as they WILL know and your surgeon not being willing to partake in choosing the right implant for you does worry me hun. I ballsed up with my first surgery filling slightly sagged breast fed skin with a large implant to fill the volume and ended up deeply regretting that decision as my boobs were far too large for my frame, I was badly advised and never told of an option of an uplift which I would have had to be able to have achieved a better result had I known about it.

My concern for you now babe is that with your surgeon offering you no help to achieve a better result that once YOU make all these choices, no matter your result after this op, this will be on you and you'll be stuck with it, even if it's again wrong for you. A kind of "you made your bed, you now have to lie in it" sort of way.

Please call or email your surgeon again today babe, revision isn't something you want to rush into, especially without the support of your surgeon and if you get nowhere babe then as Kay has suggested if you can get a second opinion TODAY seeing as your surgery is scheduled for Monday then maybe that would be best for you lovely.

Sending huge hugs your way and sincerely hoping you get the best for yourself lovely.

We're always here for you Hug Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 6th July 2012, 11:20 am

I would be feeling very concerned with your surgeon's attitude, he's putting so much pressure on YOU to make a decision for what will be best.. When really you are paying for his opinion, knowledge and skills here so he should be taking liability and deciding what will achieve what you want. I think by making you decide he is trying to remove all liability from himself and place it on you, so should it not work the second time he won't be responsible for the re-op!

Is it at all possible to see somebody else? Don't rush into this, I know there seems like a small time slot but you don't want to make a decision that will ultimately lead to further surgery. X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 6th July 2012, 12:28 pm

You've already been given excellent advice so I won't repeat it all 2 Weeks post Op - REVISION booked for this Monday. 4239681551

It doesn't sound like your surgeon is being very helpful, he's the expert, he should be offering the solutions, this is not your job to do, that's what you paid him to do 2 Weeks post Op - REVISION booked for this Monday. 221105 I'm also concerned about operating so early on.

I recently had a periareolar mastopexy with small round implants to acheive the results that I wanted. I asked for more volume on the bottom and little in the upper pole for a natural look. I know this involves more work, money, healing time and scars, but there's no way I would have acheived the results I wanted without the lift. I could have gotten away with large implants instead, but like cookie, this wasn't what I wanted. I have heard before that anatomicals do tend to give more lift, but if there's alot of skin you may still have to go larger than you'd like. Some women are happy with this, but others just want a modest increase.

It's hard to say what's right or wrong for you, I'm not a surgeon and I haven't seen your pics, but I really wouldn't rush into the revision without more answers from your surgeon or even another opinion if possible. I'm sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but I wouldn't want you having another surgery if you might not acheive the exact results you desire xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by contessina 6th July 2012, 3:41 pm

Hi,

I would be a little suspicious as to why your PS wants to rush into changing the implant too, but maybe he just realises his mistake and wants to make good asap?

From my research it seems anatomicals are often used not only in lean women but in women with some ptosis who want to avoid a nipple lift.

I just had rounds removed and whilst I had them I was ALL upper-pole, no lower-pole fullness at all even though I could feel the lower rim of the implant in-line with my mammory crease. Also, I never dropped nor fluffed in the 15 months I had them.

I am 5 days post-op with anatomicals and the difference already is amazing!! I could sort out some pics for you GC if you like? I know only too well the dilema you are in. I am 58kg, 5'4", breast-fed 3 babies was 34b xx
contessina
contessina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by needboobs 6th July 2012, 8:38 pm

Contessina - So pleased to see u have sorted ur boobies at last!

Did u have to pay for a re-op in the end??

Would love to see the results

NB xx
needboobs
needboobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 216

Back to top Go down

2 Weeks post Op - REVISION booked for this Monday. Empty Thank you! the latest...

Post by GCMum21 6th July 2012, 11:17 pm

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your thoughts and kind words, it has been pretty intense these last few days and all of your input really does help me to think things through.
Went back to the PS last night, he can't understand why I want to change the implant itself ( I don't like the shape, it looks square at the bottom, which is exactly what I said I did not want).
He has suggested that when i change implants, he trims a bit of skin off the bottom to ensure we don't have the same loose skin problem.
I DO think he initiated the re-op because he knows he did something wrong, however, he is not admitting anything at all and seems concerned with cover his own hide. Initially he wanted to move my current implant down and trim the skin - now he wants to trim the skin with the change over of implant as well.
In theory it sounds fine but I am concerned that it will move my nipple down too much. On the other hand it could provide the correct curve of skin on the underside of the breast that I require...
My husband doesn't want the skin trimmed, thinks it is too permanent and once the skin is gone we can't get it back so to speak.
Because I didn't push the PS before my surgery I now feel all over the place - and the surgeon has said some silly things too. He obviously doesn't know how to handle things and has no idea of the sort of technical information I require.
I do still feel he can do a good job, he just gave me all of the wrong advice because he expected me to think like and want the same results as every other girl. He keeps saying "99% of girls want upper pole fullness" and "In all my 13 years of practice this has never happened " - like he is going to guilt me into satisfaction and like there is something wrong with me for wanting breasts that look even remotely like the goal pictures I sent him, 3 times!!
Anyway, got all that off my chest....have to plan a way forward.
Options:
1. Put the surgery off a week and in the meantime see a surgeon who can tell me more of what I need to know ( down side: more $$ I don't have, more time tossing it up, more angst!) I don't know if I can go through another week of this!
2. Go for the 360's, let them settle and if in a years time I need some type of lift, have that surgery in a year or so when I have been able to pay something off my credit card and am on top of things a little more ( down side, unknown outcome, could be too big)
3. Go for the 315s and have the under skin trimmed, trust that he can execute the surgery correctly. ( downside: unknown outcome, nipple in funny spot?)
4. Go for the 360's and have the under skin trimmed ( downside: too big, nipple in funny spot?)

Are you sick of me yet? I am! :-)
xx
GCMum21
GCMum21
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

2 Weeks post Op - REVISION booked for this Monday. Empty By the way...

Post by GCMum21 6th July 2012, 11:18 pm

Thanks for your messages, I am sorry I have not replied directly...I am still a newbie so don't have enough status and can't send personal messages or view photos etc...can only post on the forums.
xoxoxox
GCMum21
GCMum21
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

2 Weeks post Op - REVISION booked for this Monday. Empty Thanks Contessa

Post by GCMum21 6th July 2012, 11:24 pm

Hi Contessa,
The anatomicals have been advised for me because I have little breast tissue and little body fat. The rounds would look too round, even after they dropped and fluffed, even though Furry Brazilians do not drop - another reason I thought they were perfect for me. I do not think my lower breast would have enough strength or integrity to hold all of the weight of a smooth implant - whereas the FB's adhere to the inside of the pocket and sort of form an inner pocket, which means they stay in place for longer and also reduces CC risks.
xx
GCMum21
GCMum21
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th July 2012, 12:00 am

Are you sick of me yet? I am! :-)

Nope! Hug

I've been in a position after a rupture where time was a factor and then the unexpected expense of further surgery quite literally landing in my lap on top of all the anxiety lovely, so do know where you're coming from. But honestly babe.... I'd really rather look to the long term than live in the here and now with the prospect of possibly further surgery in the near future hanging over my head and the pressure 'still' possibly being there post-op to ensure I had the money there ready when/IF the time comes for the next re-op.

I know it's hard, trust me hun, I REALLY do know, but if it were me, Id personally wait on getting more information from another surgeon before proceeding. I know you want to get this right and with your surgeon being so vague it leaves you with all the decision making and as I already said, with you making all the choices my fear for you is your surgeon relinquishing all responsibility afterwards, so that second opinion, although costly, is going to make all the difference to you in the long haul and possibly save you the prospect of further surgery and more money later which I'm sure you'd much rather prefer and I just know that once you've had that second consultation and the chance to have your ideas talked over with someone willing to actually listen and actually being advised on those choices, you'll feel so much better about entering into this surgery informed and KNOWING you made the right choices hun and in that, the money you will have spent will have been a small price to pay just for that reassurance wont it.

But that's me sweetie... You have to do what feels right for you and of course, whatever decision you make, we'll be right behind you and here to support you all the way :thumbs: xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GCMum21 7th July 2012, 12:08 am

Hi Cookie,
Thank you sweetie, really appreciate your thoughts. To be honest I would like to go to someone else to perform the surgery - but can't really at this stage - as i said, no $$ to do so.
Yes, the thing that bothers me most is my feeling towards the surgeon, I feel bad about the way he has conducted himself and also that he seemingly didn't listen to me in the first place so that he could give me what I wanted. He did admit this intially, by way of saying "something went wrong in the consultation process" but wouldn't admit it again and in the consult last night I said " I am unhappy with the results, I don't like the implant shape at all and things have gone wrong, this is MY fault and YOUR fault" - and he simply sat there in silence...
ANYWAY, I digress....
I guess I want to trust him to fix me, but am having trouble achieving that. To change the surgery date now might be best....husband ha got the week off work next week already and I am booked in for Monday morning...
I have so many factors pulling me in different directions, I have to find a way to chill and just think it through...

xxx
GCMum21
GCMum21
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 7th July 2012, 1:01 am

I understand the financial concerns and organising the yomebidfceork etc. however I am concerned that if you rush into acre-op, you still won't achieve the results that you want. Are there any other PS at the clinic he works at who could see you? And what bus covered in your aftercare policy, and what time period are you covered for?x
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 7th July 2012, 1:04 am

I apologise for my predictive text :-/
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 7th July 2012, 2:30 am

Hi hun, I'm sorry you will have to go through a re op so soon. I think the others have given excellent advice and I hope that you get the look you are after. Are you having unders as this may hold the implant in place rather than going for the fury implants, although you may need a lift with that to get the desired look. I would push your surgeon for more advice.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GCMum21 7th July 2012, 2:36 am

Hi babe,
Thanks for that, really appreciate everyone's support. Its so lovely.
One of the other girls bought a point to my attention which I had not thought of. He bought his secretary in on the last consult without asking us and without telling us why and what she was doing. By doing this he has breached doctor/patient confidentiality. He said a lot of things in that last meeting which not quite correct and also was agressive and unkind. Whereas in the meeting he had when he and I were alone he hugged me twice and wouldn't let me walk out the door when I wanted to.
He did not ask me and didn't even tell me why she was there, and she chimed in seconding his notes ( scrap of paper with drawings and scribbles and in different coloured pens, whose to say he didn't add to it after he realised he put in the wrong style of implant!).
My husband and I have been talking about it and we have pretty much decided this:

Go on Monday, get the 360's in and let them settle for a year. If they need fixing in any way - droop / sag / skin whatever, I will find a good PS to make those adjustments once I have seen how the breasts settle and what is going to happy with my tissues.

I am being conservative with the size because I had wanted my breasts to look natural ( first thing I said to current PS) - lots of upper pole fullness is not how real breasts look, even perfect breasts aren't full at the top and empty at the bottom!...

Anyway, I am raving. 360's in, let them fill the skin as much as possible, let them settle, let me save and pay off my current boobies, recover and feel confident again, and go and see someone else for all of the follow ups and for any lifting or skin removal procedures I may need...

I think I feel pretty happy with this idea...
Thoughts? Feedback?
xoxoxox
GCMum21
GCMum21
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GCMum21 7th July 2012, 3:29 am

I just don't feel like I can keep pushing him without it getting really ugly... which will mess with my head if he is operating on me!
I am sure I will enjoy my newies...and they are 50cc more, 2cm higher and a little more in projection...so not terribly huge at all...
My breast, because it is basically empty skin, should follow the shape of the teardrop.. and then if it doesn't, I will get someone much more communicative to help me make some minor adjustments...
GCMum21
GCMum21
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 7th July 2012, 9:08 am

I personally wouldn't be letting him operate on me xx I'm sorry if that is not what you wanted to hear hun xx Hug I don't want to upset you xx

Having been through 3 ops in 3 years due to poor decision making by a surgeon I wouldn't wish that on anyone xx Mine are ok, but they will never be great, they have been through too much xx

It sounds like he is looking to perform a form of mastopexy on you by removing skin, a very technical surgery which requires a lot of skill so that it doesn't go horribly wrong xx by just putting in a bigger implant could cause you all sorts of further complications like symmastia, bottoming out double bubble.... etc etc xx

There are too many unknown quantities with your PS xx I wouldn't feel comfortable at all xx

In relation to a second opinion, I wouldn't be paying for it, I would get the company to pay for it xx ATEOTD you are not happy with your surgery he has offered you a reop all be it he cannot explain why or what for, therefore I would say that I have lost all confidence in his ability and demand for them to pay for a second opinion with an independent surgeon xx Even if it takes you 6 months to sort, it will be worth it in the end xx

I think you'll find that is the way he is expecting you to go, hence why he had the nurse in there as a witness and explains why his attitude has changed xx

I wouldn't want you to go through what I have been through, therefore if I was you I would put off the surgery and get that 2nd opinion xx You might save yoursefl whole lot of heartache in the end hun xx Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GCMum21 8th July 2012, 3:36 am

Hi, I am so sorry to hear that you have had such unpleasant experiences. I am not sure if I can handle waiting anymore...but maybe you are right.
I went in asking for anatomicals - and he talked me into the hybrid type that gives all that upper pole fullness - which for some reason he thinks everyone wants, but we are all different. I did have another consult some months ago and the original PS said 380cc Anatomical, which really blew me away, tried them on and they were just too huge, though he had one of those computers and special cameras that photograph you in 3D, you enter the implant style and size and the computer alters the image of you to reflect what you end result will be.
I feel like I am dragging my whole family through this, which is another reason I want to make the change and have it over and done with. I have two great kids 6 yrs and 3 yrs and they need me to be focused on them. My husband has picked up the slack but he is working hard and then working his butt off at home.
The shape is really bothering me too - because it is oval shaped but longer than taller - and I think he has put it slightly too high - there is all this fullness right next to my armpit -which makes me look really square, I feel like if I could just put it down towards my nipple - the space would be filled and they would look more like real breasts.

I had a look at them and took pics last night - they do look ok, but beside the extra skin issue, are not the shape I really wanted.

I am going to post a photo of me wearing rice sizers at 270cc - just to see if people think the 360cc are going to be too big for my body.

I am so thankful for everyone's input - I am really torn between getting the new ones and just waiting another week... Don't worry, I won't be letting him trim at all - absolutely everyone - including my hubby has said NO WAY!
xoxox
hugs and kisses
GCMum21
GCMum21
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 8th July 2012, 9:19 am

The problem is hun is that if you need a lift, or a trim as he is calling it, then you need a lift shrug you can't normally correct ptosis with a larger implant xx

I fully understand you wanting to get things over and done with in order to move on with your life xx Unfortunately if you have another op with this surgeon and suffer further complications then you are going to be right back at square one again xx If you take your time now and only proceed when you are 110% then you will save yourself potentially having to go through this all over again xx

Good luck with what you choose xx Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GCMum21 8th July 2012, 10:10 am

Hi Kay,
Thank you o much for your thoughts. Can you expand upon 'not being able to correct sag with a larger implant". To be honest I do not mind if my boobs hang down so to speak....as in, if there is a fold under them, infact I think a reasonable sized fold at the crease is sexy and natural looking, provided the breast itself is full....
your thoughts?
x
GCMum21
GCMum21
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next