Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

post op areola shape

3 posters

Go down

post op areola shape Empty post op areola shape

Post by roxanne 20th May 2012, 11:03 am

I'm curious uplift ladies, how did your areala recover? My ps was always been very honest about the fact
that even though he sizes them the same with a 'cookie cutter' there is
no guarantee they'll stay that shape or size. My left one isn't round
like my right, it's stretched so looks more oval than, and the scar is more
visible, though both scars do look good anyhow, just one better than the
other. When I saw him the last time he did say it might or might not
stay that way. How did yours change with time shapewise?

Also, I have a few layers of stitches around them, and have semi-permanent sutures. You think with all the layers of stitching and the semi-permanent ones
they'd stayed perfectly round and even, I haven't even got big implants, but there's still tension clearly. The stitching feels hard and wirey around my areola, it's obvious when I massage heal gel into them. How long should it take for the semi-permanent stitches to not feel like this anymore?
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

post op areola shape Empty Re: post op areola shape

Post by COOKIE 20th May 2012, 11:16 am

I've just responded on your other thread Roxanne, but I'll paste my response here too for anyone reading this thread also....

Mine stayed the same throughout my recovery hun. I was unfortunate
and got an infection early post-op which effected my scarring and I had
some puckering on lefty and in a small part it's left a kind of hole
there now, hence me waiting on scar revision to sort this. My surgeon
says he's going to reduce the size of the areolas too, which concerned
me but I've been assured they will look more natural, so I'm OK with
that.

You've done absolutely the right thing in making your
surgeon aware of your concerns hun. Just ensure on your next visit that
those concerns have gone into your notes on your next visit babe, it's
so important! Then if your areola doesn't recover, it might be possible
for your surgeon to do scar revision to make the areola more pleasing to
you babe. xxx

How long should it take for the semi-permanent stitches to not feel like this anymore?

This will depend on your own bodys ability to heal, for me it took months Roxanne! about 4 or 5 I think before they started to flatten out and the stitches disperse. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 20th May 2012, 11:58 am

Yeah, I told ps at three weeks, and will in ten days time when I see him again since it still looks the same shapewise. I won't know the end result for a few months, we'll see how it heals. I don't see it suddenly going round though, I think it'll stay oval and bigger than other. I need to be patient, so difficult.

DH and my mom say I'm fine, my mom had an uplift years ago, says it's normal for areola not to be perfectly symmetrical. But I guess it'll be a matter of degree, how noticeable it is once healed xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th May 2012, 12:08 pm

Every emotion you're going through right now is normal Roxanne and that's what's so great about having a forum like this is knowing there are other women who have felt /are feeling the same fears and concerns as you are babe.

Yes, patience is the key to healing but it's easy said than done when it's not someone else going through it. You seem to have a sensible head on your shoulders though and know that 'time will tell' and to be honest if that's the worst you have from your surgery, it's not so bad and can be repaired if you feel it necessary. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 20th May 2012, 9:46 pm

I do love this forum, and thank you again cookie post op areola shape 571992

I went in this as level headed as I could be with realistic expectations, I agree if this is the only 'problem' I have that's pretty good really. I still get impatient though, I'm only human.

There's still a lot of swelling in the nipple area, and under certain lighting I can still make out a bit of bruising around on the outside of areolas, especially on the side that hasn't dropped as much, I've got months of it really. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to hear how quickly the straightforward BAs settle in comparison to mastopexies. My friends have had straightforward BAs, and my mom an uplift without implants. I don't know anyone who's had both BA/uplift.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th May 2012, 10:12 pm

roxanne wrote:I don't know anyone who's had both BA/uplift.

You know me post op areola shape 571992

Just be sure to keep your surgeon updated with not only your progress when you have your post-op checks and especially to ensure they're noted. That's not just to protect you but also so your surgeon is aware of your concerns when you next visit and can follow your progress babes. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 20th May 2012, 10:22 pm

I'll make sure of that. So far he seems to takes notes of everything. Everytime we've had pre-op consultations both in person (three times) and phone (twice) he's gone through his notes with me. I've noticed he's even written stuff down that we only discussed very briefly too, I ask a lot of questions, lol. There's been a lot to discuss with me though. Thought I'd finally decided on uplift only, then changed my mind to implants too. Also wanted a mini tt to fix c-section damage, so I haven't been the most straightforward patient, and we wanted to make sure we got this right xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th May 2012, 10:36 pm

Sounds like you have a good surgeon on board there then Roxanne, so now you know you have it covered all you can do is let your boobies do the rest for you and continue to heal sweetheart. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 23rd May 2012, 9:59 am

Hey Roxanne!

I had a full anchor lift. I had my tapes changed last week so it was the first time i had a look at everything, and athough its a bumpy road around my areola's right now, the left is smaller than the right. I dont know if this is because right is dropping at a different rate to left.

I spose we have much healing ahead of us at this time. I must admit though that i cant say that it bothers me that much at the moment, im just happy my nips arent touching my belly anymore post op areola shape 199385

x
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 23rd May 2012, 12:31 pm

I agree Loobs, this is way better than what I had before, no more tired old lady boobs post op areola shape 899188 Patience isn't my strongest virtue, gotta work at it with the months of boobie recovery ahead xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down