Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just out of curiousity..

+3
AmyD
Lauren87
angellauren
7 posters

Go down

Just out of curiousity.. Empty Just out of curiousity..

Post by angellauren 1st February 2012, 2:00 pm

I went to the docs several times about how unhappy I was with my chest, I'd start trying to explain to her about it and just burst in to tears, had hormone tests etc but all came back normal, when I mentioned if it was possible to be considered for surgery on the NHS she said they didn't do it anymore? Yet people on here are having it done? Lol! I didn't have a job at the time and was desperate. She's a lovely doctor but just wondered why do you think I was told this?
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Just out of curiousity.. Empty Re: Just out of curiousity..

Post by Lauren87 1st February 2012, 2:23 pm

I was told the same from doc Hun xx
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 571

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 1st February 2012, 2:28 pm

i was told by my doctor that it is very very difficult to get it done on the NHS nowadays, unless you're not developed properly for a medical reason etc. He said he'd have a go for me as i was suffering from body dysmorphic disorder, but i didn't get anywhere and so paid private. Worth every penny though i must say xxxxxxxxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by missh 2nd February 2012, 3:01 pm

I've just had mines done on nhs but my journey has been from 2003 back and forward at docs. 2yrs ago they referred me again and got given approval sept last year.

I honestly don't know if they have stopped it, I wouldn't imagine so, but agree with Amy, it is extremely difficult to be approved in nhs xx
missh
missh
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 3rd February 2012, 9:15 pm

It may be that your Dr wont refer you as she knows your PCT will refuse you. Usually the regulations are different in each PCT but most rules are that you need breast size differences of more than one cup size between each breast. Although some have also funded ops for ladies that have conditions which have stopped them from growing any breast tissue at all. Mostly now days you cannot get an op due to the effect of breast feeding or mental stress/illness causing you distress due to your breasts. They will however refer you for counselling if you feel that bad about them. I would strongly urge this if you are considering surgery.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise91 8th February 2012, 5:48 pm

It has always been VERY hard to get surgery on the NHS, you need to have the approval of your GP, a psychiatrist, 2 separate surgeons and the PCT. It took 10 months for me to get a yes and 19 months before I had my first procedure, and even if they have stopped doing it altogether now, (which I dont think they will have done), I think the ladies you see that are getting them done 'now' actually have a story that goes back at least a couple of years.

I was considered as I have tuberous breast(s) and a difference of at least 3 cup sizes (which is actually now the criteria for many places, rather than just the one cup size), however it makes me really upset to think that there are ladies who feel probably just as bad as I do, but unfortunately dont meet the criteria. And, with the state of the NHS now, I fear things will only get harder.

I hope you get the result you want with your private surgery though!
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by angellauren 8th February 2012, 5:52 pm

That makes sense Louise, have you had your surgery?

Yeah, I don't mind I'm going private, I'm sure there are women out there far worse than me! I just always wondered!
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise91 13th February 2012, 5:40 pm

Yeh, I have just had my second operation, and as of yet im reserving judgement on how I feel! Im hoping I still have a lot of swelling that needs to settle down, because atm they ARE NOT pretty!

And, I don't think it's about not about who's worse off or not, it's about how something makes you feel and affects your life/self-esteem/confidence, but unforunately the NHS don't account for this and have very definitive criteria which I think is a shame.

It looks like you've only got a short time until your op though....so Good Luck!!
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by dolphinstwins 20th February 2012, 12:52 pm

I didn't want a battle with the NHS when I suffered from bad PND & hated my tiny deflated balloons (was a 34A/B but as I'd fed twins they were saggy) as a result, & after many years suffering in silence I went private.
Things improved, I felt better about my body image, would finally wear nice non-frumpy tops..
now I'm caught in the PIP scare I feel ultra guilty going to the NHS for help (want scan to check integrity as ex clinic cant) especially as I know there are 1000's of people waiting for urgent surgery / drugs / whatever but cant due to funding
I work hard & have paid my NI but it's funny that no matter what happens they can still refuse you due to funding.. (I know a cancer patient who was refused drugs - hence why I feel guilty going to NHS for help over what ultimately is my personal vanity)

I sincerely hope you get the help / support you need as it's not nice living in a body you despise, especially if you cant personally afford to change it.
take care x x
dolphinstwins
dolphinstwins
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum