Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

time to choose location, advice please girls

+7
Smallblue
katyp
kay
Aurora1979
momojack
welshvicci123
wonie
11 posters

Go down

time to choose location, advice please girls Empty time to choose location, advice please girls

Post by wonie 31st December 2011, 10:36 am

Hello again
well the time has come to make my appointments to have a consultation, I am just full of a few questions for you girls and advice of places to see where is best to go.

this may turn into a long subject but please bear with me,

Firstly are there any companies that i should be avoiding in places up north (leeds, manchester, hull?) I know you cannot say on the forum but would appreciate any private messages if you do have any advice with that one.

Next has anyone had the tear drop implants which has moved (spud round) as I am thinking of getting textured Tear drop as I am only 32A at the moment and wish for them to look as natural as possible, If anyone has had any problems with I would appreciate it to know.

Also I am gong to book a few consultations, some with smaller surgeries and some with big companies eg. transform, as I am worried about paying over the odds but I worry if i go with a smaller company they may go bust and if *life time aftercare* if offered it would then be invalid.

is it better to get life time aftercare? or is it the guarantee I am looking for? I heard horror stories that if something goes wrong still having to pay same again to get them sorted out.

Lastly how long does a consultation last? I am hoping to book a few in each day.

Thanks in advance for your help

Wonie
wonie
wonie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

time to choose location, advice please girls Empty Re: time to choose location, advice please girls

Post by welshvicci123 31st December 2011, 11:16 am

Congrats on the start of your journey hun, Just search the internet for surgeons and companies, then go to a few consultations, meet the surgeons ask the questions yu wanted answering and you will know which one you will feel comfortable with and the one that has listened to you most, my personel experience i only saw one surgeon at the hospital group and he is my god, i am so glad i went with him.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

time to choose location, advice please girls Empty Re: time to choose location, advice please girls

Post by wonie 31st December 2011, 11:21 am

thank you hun :)
wonie
wonie
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by momojack 31st December 2011, 11:57 am

I agree with Vicci, see a few and they should be able to answer you questions.
I was reading about anatomical(teardrop) implants on a clinics website and it said you should ask you surgeon how many anatomical implants they have done and what percentage of these have turned, they should be able to tell you.
At mybreast i was told that the consult would be about 45 mins..if that helps.

Also the lifetime garantee is usually on the more expensive implants i think, and the aftercare depends on what company you go with so its a good thing to ask during your consult, and find out what is and is not covered by this.

Good luck xxx
momojack
momojack
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 31st December 2011, 12:35 pm

Also agree with momojack, you need to make sure the surgeon has used the tear drop implants before and ask how many he has done using these, as they can turn, so you need to know the % of this.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 31st December 2011, 12:39 pm

welcome hun and congratulations on starting your journey :-)

As the other girls have said, book a few consults and see who you feel comfortable with. I knew instantly which surgeon I liked.

I found that the bigger companies like Transform offered more cover than going privately but that was just my experience.

I can't comment on the implants as I was only offered round implants.

Some companies you can see the surgeon straightaway, others you see the patient co-ordinator first and then you can arrange to see a surgeon. I know that Transform could arrange an appointment with the surgeon straight after the PC if you gave them enough notice. Transform don't charge to see their surgeons. Harley Medical Group charge £100 (non-refundable) to see their surgeons.

Lifetime guarantee is a little misleading so check all the cover as the implant may be guaranteed but is the surgery itself? It is little use if the company will give you new implants but you will need the £2k or more hospital/surgery fees to have them replaced.
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 31st December 2011, 12:45 pm

Hi and welcome wavey

I would make sure that you FULLY and PROPERLY understand the guarantees and warranties offered xx as they are very misleading xx

In short they generally cover the implant and CLINICAL complications, like CC xx what they mostly don't cover is the surgery costs and theatre costs etc etc which is where the expense lies xx You will not automatically be covered for things that are considered 'subjective' ie double bubble or bottoming out so on and so forth, and you will still have to fight to have revision surgery if you are not happy with the result you get xx

Biggest bit of advice I can offer is for you to hang around here and do as much research as you possibly can so that you give yourself the best opportunity of getting the perfect desired result xx

Good Luck with your consults xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by katyp 31st December 2011, 12:53 pm

wavey welcome2 I am not in the UK so can not comment on the PSs over there but I wanted to add that a natural look can be achieved without using a teardrop...I first wanted these a few years ago when I decided I wanted a BA but soon discovered that a round is just as good, if not better. If you get it fully or partially under the muscle it will naturally slope more as the muscle pushes it down on top so if you got a mod or mod plus it would be still very natural looking. I am a 30C/32B (still breastfeeding !!!) and I am definatley going the round option. Look into all the options first. Good Luck! xxxxxx Heart
katyp
katyp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by Smallblue 31st December 2011, 2:41 pm

Good luck with your journey. You've come to the right place and been given some great advice. x
Smallblue
Smallblue
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 590

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 31st December 2011, 3:02 pm

I do believe aftercare is a big thing when looking into your surgery. There is however no such thing as lifetime aftercare, they will only cover the price of the implants which can be anything between £90 - £600 depending on which ones you choose. Private surgeons will be unable to offer as good an aftercare package as the larger companies. The longest aftercare package with a good reputation seems to come from Mybreast which I believe offers 5 years.

Anatomical implants some info: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Breast implants come in two basic shapes: round and anatomical (also called "tear drop"). Anatomical implants were initially designed for use in breast reconstruction but have since gained in popularity for breast augmentation as well

Natural Appearance

• Many women consider anatomical implants for the extra fullness they offer at the bottom. However, both round and anatomical breast implants appear fuller at the bottom when the woman wearing them is standing or sitting upright

Implant Shifting

• Round breast implants have the advantage of looking natural as they rotate inside the breast pocket. Anatomical implants, on the other hand, look quite unnatural if they shift, therefore must be textured to adhere to the inside of the breast pocket

Rippling

• Anatomical implants have a higher risk of rippling than round. Rippling is when the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] appears to ripple due to the breast implant. However, rippling can occur with either round or anatomical implants.

Surgical Skill

• Placing anatomical implants in a natural-looking position tends to take greater surgical skill than placing round ones, making a surgeon's experience with this particular implant shape extra important.

Personal Preference

• Some women prefer the look of anatomical implants over round, which is why many surgeons offer both options

misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 31st December 2011, 3:27 pm

Hi,i had the anatomical implants under the muscle as i didnt have enough breast tissue to have overs,my surgeon Mr G Spyrou said in 6 years of him putting in anatomicals he has never had one turn! he also said if it did happen he would correct it free of charge because he is so sure it wont happen!...so fingers crossed !! I was 34A too had 375cc implants and 6 weeks on am 34D/DD I went through Mybreast which offer 10 years aftercare,nagor implants with a lifetime gaurantee,and went to Nuffield Hospital Leeds,i cant fault any part of my experiance,i really love my boobs now !x
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 31st December 2011, 4:05 pm

Mybreast aftercare:

Lifetime Aftercare

Unlike other providers, we believe our commitment to you extends beyond surgery. We offer a lifetime aftercare policy for each of our patients, including all your post-operative check-ups and unlimited appointments with a surgeon five or even ten years following your surgery.

We understand that surgery can cause concerns. These are usually minor, but even so, it’s frustrating not to have access to your original surgeon once you’ve had your operation. This is often the case if you have surgery through a large cosmetic surgery chain or at an overseas clinic that offers a less comprehensive aftercare plan.

At MyBreast you will be able to contact your original surgeon as part of your surgery aftercare. If required, you may benefit from a second opinion by another consultant on our team. They’ll listen to your queries, schedule an appointment if necessary and provide all the reassurance you need.

Our complete aftercare service is designed with you in mind and tailored to suit the specific requirements of surgery. We believe it is one of the best available today.

Our lifetime aftercare programme

Our lifetime implant warranty covers rupture and capsular contracture, which means if surgical intervention is required, you will not be charged for your implants. In addition, MyBreast covers all your surgical cost in the 5 years after surgery. So you can relax in the knowledge that we have you covered.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 31st December 2011, 4:11 pm

Tranforms 10 year aftercare (read between properly you will see it is only for the implants themselves not surgery costs)

Our 10-year warranty

Confidence with Transform

Allergan implants

Transform only use Allergan implants. Allergan is based in the US and is the world's biggest manufacturer of implants. Allergan implants are subject to over 100 quality control tests during the production process and conform to the following quality standards.

- World Wide Quality Control Standards and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP)
- US Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) 21 CFR Part 820: Qulaity System Regulation
- European Medical Device Directive (MDD) 93/42/EEC
- International Standards Organisation (ISO) Standards 4607:2009 and ISO 13485:2003 Quality Management System Requirements for Regulatory purposes
- EN ISO 14644 AND 14698: Clean Room ISO Class 7

Our 10-year warranty

Once you've had your breast procedure with us, your care doesn't end there. As part of our comprehensive aftercare programme, your breast implants are covered through our 10-year warranty scheme. This means that in the unlikely event of a rupture, the implant will be replaced free of charge within a 10-year period.

The breast implants we use are made to exacting standards with the highest quality control and together with the aftercare we offer, you can enjoy total peace of mind. Don't forget you can also visit your Surgeon for up to three years after surgery at no extra cost.

What is covered*

• Implant rupture due to failure of the outer casing
  • Major encapsulation (grade 3 and 4)
  • Implant deflation

What is not covered

• Removal of implants due to patient dissatisfaction with either size alteration or aesthetic result
  • Adverse events or reactions other than specified above in "What is covered"
  • Custom made implants or implants over 800cc
  • Costs related to interventation surgery
  • Removal and / or replacement of implant for wrinkling or rippling.

* The Transform warranty applies to implants used in breast augmentations that have been implanted after 1st May 2010.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 31st December 2011, 4:13 pm

The Hospital Groups lifetime aftercare (read as 3 years cover not lifetime)

Lifetime FREE Aftercare

As part of our commitment to exceptional customer care, and our mission to set the standards for cosmetic surgery providers, The Hospital Group includes a Lifetime FREE aftercare with all cosmetic surgery procedures to give you complete peace of mind.

This comprehensive surgery aftercare programme allows you to show off your new look, confident in the knowledge that your aftercare requirements are comprehensively covered.

In addition, our “Always with you” patient promise means that you will also benefit from continuous patient support from your own Patient Care Coordinator.

Your "Lifetime FREE Aftercare" scheme includes:

• Unlimited post-op appointments with a member of our clinical team - whenever you need them - so whatever your query and whenever it arises, you can see one of our experts at no extra cost

• Revision surgery where clinically indicated at no extra cost

• Additional days stay in hospital where needed free of charge

• Additional drugs and dressings supplied at no extra cost

• Access to emergency telephone support (numbers supplied at discharge) which you can use at any time during your recovery or even years later

• CUI (standard) breast implants - 3 years capsular contracture (Baker Grade 4-5) and 10 years implant rupture cover (where clinically indicated)

• Natrelle (premium) breast implants - 3 years capsular contracture (Baker Grade 4-5) and lifetime implant rupture cover (where clinically indicated)

What Procedures are Covered?

The Advantage Aftercare scheme is included for ALL cosmetic surgery procedures. So whether you are having breast enlargement, liposuction, breast reduction, tummy tuck or face lift, you know your surgery aftercare policy will cover you.

You can always pop along to see a member of our clinical team whenever concerns or questions may arise and there will be no extra charge. If you need further care, then your Aftercare scheme gives you the peace of mind that you have our support. We believe it's the best aftercare cover on the market.

time to choose location, advice please girls Small_logo

Our “Always with you” patient promise means that you will benefit from an industry leading aftercare package and continuous patient support, including:

• Expert and knowledgeable team of Patient Care Coordinators - 80% have had cosmetic procedures themselves so understand how to support you along the way
  • We promise to return any of your calls within 1 hour from Monday to Friday between 9.00am - 7.00pm
  • Network of clinics across the UK with regular clinical and surgical staff - accessible, consistent care whenever you need it
  • Head office support team - providing out of hours and emergency cover as and when required

Pricing:

Aftercare is included FREE with ALL cosmetic surgery procedures and cover is for YOUR LIFETIME.

There are NO extra charges and NO hidden costs - it's simple, straightforward and free - what more could you ask for!

What our patients say:

"I've had a few procedures now with The Hospital Group, starting with a gastric band and then liposuction. The aftercare package has been great and really put my mind at rest - when I needed help, it was there. I'm now looking at a breast uplift."

- Mrs Walker, Patient

Your “Lifetime FREE Aftercare” Scheme Does Not Include:

• Revision without clinical indication (e.g. wish you'd gone for a larger size implant)

• Further changes due to the natural ageing process (e.g. putting weight on, breast feeding, ageing)

• Capsular contracture and implant cover for CUI / Natrelle implants beyond the stated period (see above)

Our standard [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] also apply – please consult these for further information. Your statutory rights are not affected by either our Advantage Aftercare policy or our terms and conditions.

This exciting new scheme was launched on 1st June 2010 and is included for bookings made after this time.

You may wish to download this information for your records. We do reserve the right to change our aftercare policy from time to time, in case of any doubt, the aftercare policy in force at the time of your booking will be applied to you. Please note your aftercare policy starts on the date of your procedure.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by wonie 1st January 2012, 8:15 pm

you have all been so helpful and I cannot believe how these companies word things but it has opened my eyes when looking for where to go, I am going to try and get a few different appointments in the same day its just worrying as i need to keep as much time off work for the actual op.

I am so excited but getting nervous of knowing everything I need to.

From what ive seen and depending what the surgens say / experience i think i might go for round implants.

Thanks again girls and I will let you know what I decide :) xx

wonie
wonie
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahMichelle 1st January 2012, 10:54 pm

Hi Wonie just wanted to send you a quick messageabout anatomical implant. I'm having anatomicals but was really worried about the turning. I have spoken to a few surgeons about this and the general opinion was that patients who have them twist are extremely rare, however they are pretty much always women who have loose breast tissue I.e some sagging. After they heal the implants adhere into place do are unlikely to twist.

Not all surgeons offer them because there is more skill in making the pocket for them.
Just thought I should share the info !!

Good luck with your consultations.
SarahMichelle
SarahMichelle
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by wonie 4th January 2012, 8:09 pm

Thankyou SarahMichelle I am still unsure but I am positive I will have made my mind up after speaking to the surgens, I am feeling more towards MyBreast just worried about the price with them, but I feel their after care if good, although Harley medical group offer good aftercare too from what i can read but i will feel better after talking to them. I shall let you know how I get on, hopefully going to book some for next week and then I am hoping to book the day asap after that :)
wonie
wonie
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahMichelle 4th January 2012, 10:01 pm

Yes see as many people as you can. Enjoy x
SarahMichelle
SarahMichelle
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by samsparkle 6th January 2012, 11:56 pm

Hi Wonie,
I had my BA at Transform, my PS was Mr Clarke, who is fab! I think the girls advise is right, look around and you will just know who 'feels' right to go with. Regarding shape of implants, I wanted to achieve a natural look which Mr Clarke is known for. I just asked him what he recommended, as I felt that he must know when they have done thousands, what would be right for me. He suggested I look at 365cc, low profile, extra full. They are still round but low profile keeps them natural. I am so happy with the result, they are amazing and I can't tell enough how happy I am with them! I will gt my BF to put some recent pics up if you want to see them.
My experience with Transform has been great and the care has been brilliant.
Good luck with your appointments and enjoy! Xx
samsparkle
samsparkle
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down