Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why don't people understand :'(

+10
willows
misf1
sportygal
nikitaw86
dawnmids
jen86
FinallyBB
Natty29
RoxyChick
welshvicci123
14 posters

Go down

Why don't people understand :'( Empty Why don't people understand :'(

Post by welshvicci123 27th August 2011, 1:52 pm

Hey Girls,

I feel like i need to write this,

My mum and dad came around today to see the boys, and they heard along the grapevine that im getting a BA as i had only told my sister, they didn't even leave it a second and i had the third degree.

You could go on holiday with the amount it cost, why are you wasting money on that!, all you need is a good bra, mum says mine are fine so whats wrong with yours.

Now don't get me wrong they didn't say it nastily but all im getting lately is that you dont need to do this there's nothing wrong with your boobs, they look fine to me. Your wasting your money thats a big one.

I have had 2 children my first child when i was 16, and yes i had lovely boobs then i was a good size, then i haad my 2nd 19months ago and ive never been happy with them after both chilren, as i told my pcc its all i think about day in day out and nothing more, yes people think they look ok but its great what a good push up or padded bra will do.

I just feel like whipping them out and saying thats whats wrong with them, just to prove that im not just doin it out of vanity.

Are people just narrow minded? whats the big deal in someone changing something there unhappy about.

Sorry about the rant just felt that you would also listen as no-one else seems too.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Why don't people understand :'( Empty Re: Why don't people understand :'(

Post by RoxyChick 27th August 2011, 1:56 pm

People will always have an opinion about anything you do, sometimes they'll react positively, sometimes you'll get a negative response.

At the end of the day you've saved for this op, not them. Do any of them smoke? Drink? Play the lottery? You could say that they're doing nothing more than smoking/drinking/gambing their money away. Yes, you could go on holiday with that money, but would that make you happy? Probably not as much as buying your first post op lacy bra!

At the end of the day, you have to be happy in your skin and if you believe having implants will help boost your confidence, then that's your decision to make.

As long as you've weighed the pros and cons and have done your research then I'd say do what makes you happy, regardless of what others think.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Natty29 27th August 2011, 1:59 pm

Ahh hunni I feel for u.it's ur life,money etc ur a grown woman if u want to get your BA then go for it.I didn't care what other people thought cus I had my own personal reasons. U r not hurting any1by doing this xx I hope they come around to your way ov thinking cus it feels better wen u have support behind u.good luck hunni :flowers:
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by FinallyBB 27th August 2011, 4:00 pm

I found throughout life that people will judge no matter what...especially the ones closest to us. This is why I didn't tell anybody. Just my husband and I know. I have 500cc's HP and still nobody knows. It's funny how people react.
FinallyBB
FinallyBB
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 27th August 2011, 4:52 pm

ha thats exactly what i did! i whipped my top down n showed my mum. I also showed them pics i took, cos thats less scary then whipping them out. everyone understood then! xx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnmids 27th August 2011, 5:45 pm

dont worry too much, it is spreading around my family also and i havent given permission for people to be told, and i am basically slagged off for it, like i have done something digusting, but you know what i dont give a rats ass, i am happy for what i have done and if anything proud of myself for going after it and getting it, do what makes you feel happy xx
dawnmids
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 581

https://www.facebook.com/Dawn.T.Richards

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 27th August 2011, 5:53 pm

ur not on ur own hun

My mums reaction is i wish i had that money to waste on boobs u can spend it on so much better bla bla bla boring

to which i say i'm 25 i've wanted boobs since i was 18 i've had my child and will not be having anymore i fed him and kept him alive for the first 5 months of his life so is it really that selfish that i'd like something for me now??? i've told everyone i'm getting them some of my friends from uni are a little shocked but only cause they've never seen any before but my friends from work are soooooooooooo excited sometimes i think more then me they all have fake boobies and can't wait for me to join the gang lol

as for my mum she now keeps quiet and just listens i did have to apologise for the rant as shes having me and my son stay with her after the surgery lol

do what makes u happy :) x
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by sportygal 27th August 2011, 6:42 pm

i was lucky that my family have been really supportive and the most ive had to put up with is people at work telling my im mad cos im gorgeous however this is a personal thing! ive never had boobs and was always been known as the sister with brains not boobs. ive lived with this stigma for 15 years and its always got me down - yes i can wear padded bras but ive never found a bra that i fill properly, they all stand away from me and my husband is alwyas telling me to lean back as you can see down my top and bra to my nipple. i want to wear a strapless dress that doesnt fall down to my belly button when i lift my arms up. i want to get up in the morning and not dread getting dressed. when i explain this to people, that its for me to feel attractive in myself not anyone else then they tend to say ok.

i know i will go down in some peoples expectations but those people are narrow minded and not worth it. also as for the money -yes it could buy me a weeks holiday or 10 years of happiness um tough choice!

ive only had my new babies one day but they were worth the wait!
sportygal
sportygal
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 27th August 2011, 6:59 pm

People I told were supportive but didn't understand. Now I have my implants not one person thinks I wasted my money.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by willows 27th August 2011, 8:53 pm

just let them know that it greatly affects you that it would be life changing for you so its worth alot more than the money like they tried to compare it to a holiday its not jsut about money but its about you and your life xx

my mum and close friends and husband think im stupid and they would love to have a body like mine - but my boobs make my self esteem so low and they dont understand but support me anyway
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 600

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 27th August 2011, 10:17 pm

Welshvicky, please read the rules on newbies requesting pictures. Further picture requests to members who will not share with newbies will result in a PM ban.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 27th August 2011, 10:20 pm

ohh im sorry i didnt realise. :( feel really bad now
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BKOZ 28th August 2011, 7:07 am

oh sweetheart, don't you let anybody elses opinions get you down.

It's your life and you only get one, if a BA will make you happy - so be it.

People are entitled to their opinion, and the best way to handle things like that are to just say "that's your opinion, it's not the same as mine but I accept that you feel that way." or something along those lines. Take the emotion out of it and as long as you know in your heart that this is what you want, nobody can judge you for that.

When they see the happiness it gives you, I bet they change their mind. They are your family, they love you so much and in their eyes you ARE already 100% perfect. They just don't understand why you need this, but they will. They only say things because they care

xxoo
BKOZ
BKOZ
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 602

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 28th August 2011, 7:43 am

i ended up showing my mum my deflated teabags and she totally understood after that
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiecon 28th August 2011, 8:51 am

hey hun some people will never understand the hang up ! i had 'a padded bra works well' and ild reply yup but wen i take it off there gone :( i wasnt hapy at all with my boobs and neeeded to change them to give me confidance , yes you could go on holiday with that money BUT it will only make you happy for the time ur on hol (2weeks) and even then i bet ur not happy cuz ur thinkin everyones lookin at ur boobs! having a Ba will make u happy for many years im so glad i had mine done xxxx
barbiecon
barbiecon
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 28th August 2011, 8:52 am

Thanks all for your replies, maybe i just need to take it on the chin, afterall its my body, my decision, my life and lastley MY ££ hehe! i know especially with this kind of thing your always going to get negative comments/remarks, sometimes out of jelousy.

Unfortunatley we live in a society which is extremely judgemental and norrow minded. If you step out of the norm then your 'wrong', in actual fact i think its an extremely brave thing to go through, to change something you have lived with for soo many years is a big decision.

Thats the way i have started to look at it, if your not happy with my decision that so be it because 'im happy'.

x x x
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by meme 28th August 2011, 9:39 pm

u only get once chance in life hun, this is the real thing not a dress rehersal. by doin what u feel is right and makes u happy..... ppl should be proud of you and they are really. people just take some adjusting sometimes. good luck anyway hun, hope it all goes well xx
meme
meme
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 30th August 2011, 3:38 pm

welshvicci123 wrote:Unfortunatley we live in a society which is extremely judgemental and norrow minded. If you step out of the norm then your 'wrong', in actual fact i think its an extremely brave thing to go through, to change something you have lived with for soo many years is a big decision.

You're so right.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down