Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice please :(

+4
jasmine05
gorgeousgirl4444
alfie
tootsara
8 posters

Go down

Advice please :( Empty Advice please :(

Post by tootsara 16th May 2011, 6:21 pm

Hi everyone,

Iv been plucking the courage up to post on here for the past three weeks, stupid hey but iv been really upset and didnt want to post untill i was clear headed.

Im 5 weeks post op on wednesday and my left boob is a whole cup size bigger than my right sad smile . I know im still only early days but i had the same problem pre BA. I did mention this to my ps but when he done the measurements he said that he wouldnt have to put a differnt size in, the only thing that may notice is one nipple maybe higher than the other which didnt bother me.
Straight after my BA you could see the left was bigger but i put that down to the op on both being two differnt procedures but its stayed the same. Because of the largeness of the left they gave me an ultra sound to make sure i didnt have a hematomer or fluid which thankfully i didnt. I only wore a support bra for 4-days because it was causing my boobs to swell so my ps told me to wear nothing. Those weeks of not wearing a bra have been awful!! I couldnt even wear a vest because you could see one was alot bigger than the other :( . iv been so upset, iv been wearing baggy jumpers and t shirts. I saw my ps last week and he told me that will always have one differnt as my right was more deflated than the other, why the hell didnt he tell me that before, well in my words you will always have one smaller than the other!! huh! I thought if you had a smaller one they could even them out with differnt sized implants. He also told me to now buy a non undewired bra. So off i went to M&S and got measured. Im measuring a 32DD in left and a D in the right.
So im now in the same place i was before with wearing my chicken fillets, one cup fitted perfect but the other was loose and gappy.

Iv got myself a non wired bra which feels loooovely, it supports them really well. But im still really upset, even with the bra and a vest you can still see the differnce sad smile .
I really dont know what to do, i feel like iv wasted so much money. Im seeing my ps again in july and im worried his going to say the same and not do anything. So now im thinking of how i can raise another 4k for possibly having it done again.

Dont get me wrong its brill having two bumps there but i just wish they were they same or near enough.

Thanks for reading all of this and sorry if it doesnt make much sence, im not great at putting how i feel down in writing.

xxx
tootsara
tootsara
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Advice please :( Empty Re: Advice please :(

Post by alfie 16th May 2011, 6:51 pm

Aww hun sending hugs Hug

I'm really sorry you're not happy with your result hun. I think your ps should have been honest and told you if you were going to have very noticable assymetry. I would have thought he would have used different sized implants to correct it. Do you not think they could even out a little more over the coming weeks, as you are quite early post op. I would give it a little longer and if there is no change, go back and see your ps again with your worries. Let us know how things go hun. xxx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by tootsara 16th May 2011, 7:04 pm

Thank you for the hugs, something i really need at the mo.

My thoughts exactly with how he should of told me. If i had known that was the case i would of seen a few other surgeons.
I keep trying to say to myself they will even out but deep down i dont think they will. I know im still only early days, im really trying to keep that in mind but its not just wighth its also that the left projects out more.
Im going to wait till my july appointment with my ps, i think that will be enough time to leave it and then go from there.

Thanks again for your reply xxx
tootsara
tootsara
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 16th May 2011, 7:14 pm

Try to keep your chin up hun, although I know it will be hard. Stick around on the forum, all the girls here will offer you support and we have some laughs too.

Take care. xxx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgeousgirl4444 16th May 2011, 7:21 pm

aww hun im so sorry to hear this..

sending (((big hugs))) xxxx
gorgeousgirl4444
gorgeousgirl4444
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 845

https://www.facebook.com/#!/gorgeousgirl4444

Back to top Go down

Post by tootsara 16th May 2011, 7:32 pm

Thank you Alfie!
Im on here everyday i just find it hard posting. I know its stupid but i go to post and go blank. I will def try harder though.

Thank you gorgeousgirl4444

xxxxxxx
tootsara
tootsara
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jasmine05 16th May 2011, 7:47 pm

Is it not classed as the consultant's error? If he noted there was a difference, why did he not say for you to have two different size implants? I have slight assymetry, and Mr Alvi is taking in a few sizers, before he puts in the implant to make sure it looks ok. I actually assumed this was procedure.

I feel so sorry for you. I would certainly complain. I know they can't make things perfect, but can try their best surely!

Hope you get things sorted!
x
jasmine05
jasmine05
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by bettyboopo 16th May 2011, 7:52 pm

I think your PS has got it wrong there tbh hun! I had only slight asymmetry that wasn't noticeable and i was given two different sized implants, so you having visible asymmetry, i would have thought two different sized implants would definitely even them out. I wouldn't let it rest at all, tell your PS you're very unhappy with the result and that you should have had two different sizes, and don't wait, get on the phone! xx
bettyboopo
bettyboopo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by bettyboopo 16th May 2011, 7:53 pm

Oh hi jasmine, i went with mr alvi! xx
bettyboopo
bettyboopo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by jasmine05 16th May 2011, 7:57 pm

HI bettyboopo, were you happy with him? i feel i made right choice. only concern was with aftercare. did you receive anything written or all verbal?
x
jasmine05
jasmine05
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th May 2011, 8:02 pm

tootsara wrote:Hi everyone,

Iv been plucking the courage up to post on here for the past three weeks, stupid hey but iv been really upset and didnt want to post untill i was clear headed.

So glad you finally posted lovely - Welcome to BJSF. XX

Im 5 weeks post op on wednesday and my left boob is a whole cup size bigger than my right Advice please :( 856466 . I know im still only early days but i had the same problem pre BA. I did mention this to my ps but when he done the measurements he said that he wouldnt have to put a differnt size in, the only thing that may notice is one nipple maybe higher than the other which didnt bother me.
Straight after my BA you could see the left was bigger but i put that down to the op on both being two differnt procedures but its stayed the same. Because of the largeness of the left they gave me an ultra sound to make sure i didnt have a hematomer or fluid which thankfully i didnt. I only wore a support bra for 4-days because it was causing my boobs to swell so my ps told me to wear nothing. Those weeks of not wearing a bra have been awful!! I couldnt even wear a vest because you could see one was alot bigger than the other :( . iv been so upset, iv been wearing baggy jumpers and t shirts. I saw my ps last week and he told me that will always have one differnt as my right was more deflated than the other, why the hell didnt he tell me that before, well in my words you will always have one smaller than the other!! huh! I thought if you had a smaller one they could even them out with differnt sized implants. He also told me to now buy a non undewired bra. So off i went to M&S and got measured. Im measuring a 32DD in left and a D in the right.
So im now in the same place i was before with wearing my chicken fillets, one cup fitted perfect but the other was loose and gappy.

Iv got myself a non wired bra which feels loooovely, it supports them really well. But im still really upset, even with the bra and a vest you can still see the differnce Advice please :( 856466 .
I really dont know what to do, i feel like iv wasted so much money. Im seeing my ps again in july and im worried his going to say the same and not do anything. So now im thinking of how i can raise another 4k for possibly having it done again.

Dont get me wrong its brill having two bumps there but i just wish they were they same or near enough.

Thanks for reading all of this and sorry if it doesnt make much sence, im not great at putting how i feel down in writing.

xxx

Your surgeons attititude to HIS incompetence just isn't acceptable babe and you shouldn't just sit down because he says so and take that.

Forget July, call your clinic hun and arrange to see your surgeon again. Tell him that the agreement made pre-op was that you might end up with one nipple higher than the other, at no point pre-op did you sign any agreement stating you would accept any degree of asymmetry and you are not satisfied with the results and you would like a re-op at the cost of the clinic to correct the asymmetry.

Your losing nothing in trying babe, so just go for it!

You SHOULD have been informed that the asymmetry would possibly be emphasised after having a BA, as you weren't then your surgeon is now in my humble opinion responsible for the results, he's simply bullying you into settling for what you have rather than dealing with the fact that of having to fix the asymmetry now.

Don't let go of this babe, if he still persists with no allowing you a re-op then request you speak with the clinic manager as you'd like to use the complaints procedure.

If you don't speak up darlin' your surgeon may well think you're OK with how your boobs look and won't bother with a re-op. You have to speak up for yourself if you aren't happy hunni, don't worry if you get no satisfaction the first time either, use the complaints procedure, exhaust every avenue but don't let them get away with treating you like this lovely.

Quite a few of us have had dealings with clinics about complaining, so if you need further help babe, just ask away. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 16th May 2011, 8:05 pm

If the difference was that big pre op he should have warned you that they could look a little more even but would not be the same size. I find it strange he did not use different size implants for such a large difference. I had a slight difference pre op and still do now but it's a lot less noticeable, one dropped quicker than the other and I thought they might end up completely different. but they evend out. If yours dont even out I would make sure you complain to your surgeon/clinic
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tootsara 16th May 2011, 8:33 pm

Thank you all for your replys.

I did stress in my first consultation with him about the asymmetry (because of all the research i had done beforehand i thought i would need differnt size ones put in) but he did reasure me their wouldnt be a differnce. I put my trust into him and thought all was going to be ok.

He does know how upset i am, iv been to see the nurse three times already, i was in tears the last two times and even said to her which i still feel i wish i hadnt had them done, At least with wearing the fillets i could even them out slightly. Because of how upset i was she said i really needed to see him, so his pa booked me an appointment the same week. When i saw him he had my pics pre ba up and was showing me the differnce between the two , he said that my left was alot rounder than my right one and fuller so they are never going to be the same, i dont expect them to be the same, not even real ones are, i just want them to mach up and not be two differnt sizes. I was in tears again, he said the left needs to settle and the nurse said the left was still swollen. And once again i left there crying and angry.
I was trying to tell him that not only does the right look smaller but it looks like its moved over to the right more than the other, the nurse said that wearing a bra could correct that.

I really dont know what to do because iv seen him and the nurse so manys times because of pain and swelling. The left one was so big for the first two weeks thats why they done the ultrasound. I do feel most of the sweeling has gone down because i can feel the implant now and they are both dropping. But yes i still am only early days. Thats why i agreed to seeing him in july.

Thank you all again for your replys. I def do need to stress harder how this is not on but everytime i go in there i end up bursting into tears and not being able to say much :(

xxxxxxxx
tootsara
tootsara
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 16th May 2011, 8:37 pm

Have you got someone who could go with you hun? xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 16th May 2011, 8:42 pm

awww hun! Hug thats shocking!! and everyones advice seems great, i cant really add anything, just say that all the wonderful girls on here are behind o=you 100% and will help support and offer u advice as best we can. Be really persitant, they should most definatly pay for the surgery!!!! u did not agree to having diffrent sized boobs!!! so they need to sort it out. Hopefully, given time, they will even out, but were all here fo you xxxx group hug let us know how u get on xx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by tootsara 16th May 2011, 8:43 pm

My mum came with me when i saw the nurse the last time and my ps, she also streesed that she could see the differnce also and showed the nurse pics of my boobs in a vest ( wearing a vest seems to show the differnce even more)
but the nurse said it was normal but then the ps said when we saw him with the nurse their that my left was bigger anyway. sad smile

xxx
tootsara
tootsara
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tootsara 16th May 2011, 8:49 pm

Thank you jen86.

Youve all been fantastic!! I do feel a little better after all your replys. Iv only had my mum to talk about this with and having you all help with your advice has helped hugeley. I just hope my ps will take notice

xxx
tootsara
tootsara
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th May 2011, 8:52 pm

That's a great idea from Alfie to take someone with you babe, it will really help if you can't find the strength to tell him your concerns. You really MUST ensure that all your concerns are written down too, it's vital that this is done babe as this is what is going to be referred back to later should you need to press this further.

Trust me babe, I KNOW what it's like to fall apart when you're so unhappy with your boobs, but if you don't want them to get away with this, you're gonna have to toughen up and tell them what you want.

I did see that you are only 5 weeks post-op and you really do have quite a few changes to still go through, however what did concern me was how blase your surgeon was when he told you that no matter what you're always going to have a degree of asymmetry because that's what you started with like you're supposed to just sit there and accept this!

HUH?! If he KNEW this, then why on earth as the 'expert' didn't he discuss possibilities of correcting this for you 'PRE-OP'?

If you're unsure at all of your concerns being in writing then you this is what you really need to do next hun, if you have some support, all the better, maybe they could speak for you, or write everything you're feeling down also writing that you very much want your concerns written in your notes.

Good luck babe, we're here if you need us. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down