Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Implants haven't dropped. Need uplift?!?!

+2
kittie
pookybear
6 posters

Go down

Implants haven't dropped.  Need uplift?!?! Empty Implants haven't dropped. Need uplift?!?!

Post by pookybear 13th March 2011, 12:42 pm

Hi All

I'm new here and hoping someone might have some advice. (Apologies for such a long post!)

At my first followup appointment with my surgeon in November, he advised me that my implants had not dropped into their pockets and were sitting too high up on my chest. This was quite clear to see as the tops were more full/round than the bottom. He wasn't worried and said I needed to massage them (squish the tops to make the bottom fill out which will help widen the pocket), and ideally I should also wear a chest strap for 2-3 months.

I did as followed massaged and wore the strap during the day for 8 weeks. I couldn't wear it at night as it kept riding up into my armpits which was very painful. In February I got married and went on honeymoon, so the strap was confined to the bottom of my draw for this period!

Last week I went back to see the surgeon as I could not notice any change in appearance - the tops were still much fuller than the bottom. I asked my options were and was advised that an uplift would solve the problem. I freaked out at this news - I didn't need an uplift before I had my BA! He then said that it was only one option, and that he could replace the TSF implants with the ones which aren't as firm however this might produce rippling. He also said that another option would be to change them to anatomical.

I then asked why he couldn't just pull my current ones down into the pockets, and he said this would cause double bubble.

I'm really confused. I've heard from other girls that have had this problem (usually with only one implant, not both), that their surgeons have widened the pockets and the implants dropped down into them. I do not understand why this is not an option for me.

Also, I have to wait for six months - which will be 11 months post op - before he will do anything. In the meantime I have to continue to massage them and wear the dreaded strap. sad smile
pookybear
pookybear
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Implants haven't dropped.  Need uplift?!?! Empty Re: Implants haven't dropped. Need uplift?!?!

Post by kittie 13th March 2011, 1:36 pm

Sorry I don't know much about this one but just wanted to give you big Implants haven't dropped.  Need uplift?!?! 571992 . I know the prospect of a re-op is not nice and neither is the wait but at least you know what needs done to sort things out.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Implants haven't dropped.  Need uplift?!?! Empty Re: Implants haven't dropped. Need uplift?!?!

Post by butterfly2 13th March 2011, 5:13 pm

So sorry you are having problems. Have you thought about getting a second opinion. It might help you to do this Hug
butterfly2
butterfly2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 881

http://I'll do an instruction or find one if I can.  As for writ

Back to top Go down

Post by pookybear 13th March 2011, 5:22 pm

Yes, I think that is probably a very sensible idea. I'm not sure whether I can do this with MYA, or whether I need to go elsewhere though. I haven't heard from my PC since before the op, she's not the most approachable!
pookybear
pookybear
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly2 13th March 2011, 5:29 pm

It might be good to see another surgeon at MYA and also another surgeon at another clinic, second opinions can't really hurt you but they could help you to decide which route you'd like to take.

I hope you get it resolved soon and without to much more stress hun x
butterfly2
butterfly2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 881

http://I'll do an instruction or find one if I can.  As for writ

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 13th March 2011, 6:09 pm

Maybe ask one of the surgeons on here for their opinion hun, sorry I have no idea myself.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 15th March 2011, 8:45 pm

I have the same issues, the top of my boobs are really full but my bra's are wrinkled at the bottom. I got my op on the NHS and i cant fault my surgeon. He has said that he will drop both implants down but until i am in theatre he cant say for sure if i need an uplift or not (however this is likely).

I really hope you get it sorted. x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Implants haven't dropped.  Need uplift?!?! Empty I've had a second opinion....

Post by pookybear 20th March 2011, 5:47 pm

I had an appointment with another surgeon at MYA yesterday and it went quite well. I was a bit worried that he would immediately side with my surgeon, but he didn't even read the notes beforehand! He asked me what date i had my op, what implants were used, where they were placed and what the problem was.

He said that I dont need an uplift (yes, I could have one but my nipples are well placed at the moment so it's not necessary. Thank goodness!!) He said they need to be lowered, but I'm not sure if he thinks I should keep my current implants or have them replaced. Firstly he asked if I was happy with the size, which I am. Then he asked would I agree to them being smaller, and I said possibly, if it fixes the issue; then towards the end of the appointment he said that larger cc, or moderate profile might be the answer.

He's going to speak to Mr Fallahdar and then my PC will come back to me and we'll take it from there. I told him I was not in a rush to have them fixed immediately, but I just wanted to know the problem *would* be fixed. He said that he didn't think they would change much (if at all) if I wait the six months like Mr F suggested.

I'm quite pleased with this outcome - especially the news about not needing an uplift. But now nervous about waiting to hear back from my PC!

pookybear
pookybear
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 20th March 2011, 6:56 pm

Pleased your appointment went well pookybear, it does show that second opinions are always good. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your original surgeon agrees with his opinion and you get the official go ahead for a re-op. Good luck hun. xxx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down