Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why MRI?

2 posters

Go down

Why MRI? Empty Why MRI?

Post by Tamz 2nd March 2011, 10:18 pm

I was sent for ultra sound , NHS, which found silicon in my lymph nodes, rupture didnt show up although the Hospital group are taking them out next month...havent been for MRI...should I? Is this to check the rupture or for silicon elsewhere?
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Why MRI? Empty Re: Why MRI?

Post by misf1 2nd March 2011, 10:21 pm

The ultra sound doesn't pick up ruptures, only an MRI will, but seeing as they have found that you have silicone in your lymph nodes there is no reason for an MRI as it's already obviously a rupture.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamz 2nd March 2011, 10:57 pm

Thank you. The nhs told me the implants were intact, but as you said, i doubted that as i had silicon in my lymphs..i contacted the hospital group because of this and they didnt hesitate to tell me they needed to be removed. I am thinking of goig private to have pips out and lymphs at same time..scared of 3 ops and time between having pips out and new implants in...surgeon wants to wait 3 months before new augmentation. Is this the best way. I have lost trust in every one and dont know what to do for the best.
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 2nd March 2011, 11:07 pm

I think it depends on how badly the implant leak has been. It may be best to have the implants and lymph nodes done then a re aug after a few months. I really dont know, but you could ask one of our resident surgeons or all of them. Our surgeon here John Pereira is here to give advice to people who's had pips
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamz 2nd March 2011, 11:16 pm

Thank you . Will send a message to him. I am worried sick and feel so much guilt for having them done in the first place. Feel very isolated and left in limbo by the hospitalgroup who initially assured me that if there were any problems, they would sort. i even purchased an extra 2 years insurance rather than their standard 3 years, which would have run out 29 march this year. wonder if theyd have brushed me aside had i not.
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 2nd March 2011, 11:20 pm

It does seem like a lot of companies are standing by the "we were sold the implants in good faith they were MRHA approved and CE trademarked" and brush people aside, even though for many years surgeons have been saying the implants were bad.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum