Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When to stop wearing sports bras at night?

+8
hattie260
Kazaa
Funkygirl
melloumaw
pinkbabe
kay
FrockyHorror
Starz-10
12 posters

Go down

When to stop wearing sports bras at night? Empty When to stop wearing sports bras at night?

Post by Starz-10 16th June 2010, 8:41 pm

Is it ok to stop wearing the sports bras at night after six weeks or is it best to keep wearing them for a bit longer? x
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

When to stop wearing sports bras at night? Empty Re: When to stop wearing sports bras at night?

Post by FrockyHorror 17th June 2010, 9:11 am

My understanding is that it depends on the shape of the implant. I have round implants and was told that I only had to wear my sports bra at night for two weeks. But my friend has the teardrop shape and she has to wear hers at night for three months (poor thing)!

But one thing I am amazed by on this forum is that everyone does seem to be told different things even though we have all been through a similar experience!!

I did find it really strange the first night I went braless though ... was really scared to roll over just in case I squashed them out of shape. Was so relieved to wake up the next morning and see that they hadn't changed!! When to stop wearing sports bras at night? 70324
FrockyHorror
FrockyHorror
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

When to stop wearing sports bras at night? Empty Re: When to stop wearing sports bras at night?

Post by kay 17th June 2010, 9:41 am

I wore mine for 6 weeks then stopped completely as the nurse I saw said it was ok xx Although I know a lot of girls carry on wearing a sports bra at night long after their op xx

I stopped completely because I wasn't sleeping very well in a bra as found it to be constrictive / constricting if you know what I mean xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 17th June 2010, 9:53 am

I stopped wearing a bra to bed after 6weeks as I dont find it comfortable at all. xx
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz-10 17th June 2010, 12:23 pm

Thanks for the replies, I think after 6 weeks I will see what it's like without a bra because they aren't the most comfortable of things to sleep in! I was just worried I might damage something, lol! x
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 17th June 2010, 1:58 pm

im not supposed to wear a bra at all,but have put one on loosly for work as the nurse said ok but i have to have the straps on the longest they will.im glad tho cos dont like wearing anything in bed.cant wait till they say i can take my elastic band from the top of my boobs tho.i hate it its so uncomfortable and chafes my armpit skin
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 17th June 2010, 4:56 pm

Some girls continue wearing their sports bras at night and others feel more comfortable without one. I personally want to give my new assets as much support as possible as much as I can, I'm sure they isn't any lasting damage not wearing a bra at night, but I personally just want to make sure I do everything to prevent future sagging or anything related!

I wear my sports bra almost every night, they're like my comforters and I don't want to take them off! I always slept braless pre op but I have found that if I don't wear my sports bra two nights in a row, my When to stop wearing sports bras at night? 113752 are achey the next morning!

tbh I've got used to it now and don't feel comfortable without mine When to stop wearing sports bras at night? 184153

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaa 17th June 2010, 8:08 pm

Can you sleep on your front after the op (obviously not right after!) but a few months down the line, or do the 'assets' get in the way? didnt even think about this until now!
Kazaa
Kazaa
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 201

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 17th June 2010, 8:48 pm

Hi hun, I stopped wearing mine at night after 6wks and have been fine, I felt such a frump in that sports bra I couldn't wait to get it off! x
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 17th June 2010, 9:21 pm

I didn't stop wearing mine until 7 months post op, it was like a security blanket. I was allowed to stop at 6 weeks I just didn't want to.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by leyla488 17th June 2010, 9:30 pm

Mine increased in size considerably and softened up once I left the sports bra off, I wore it for approx 3 months but I think that was a bit excessive.
leyla488
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by Becstarr 18th June 2010, 1:43 am

I wore mine for 6 weeks. Couldn't wait to get out of it.

I'm 9 weeks now and can sleep on my front but wake up a little achy. Although I was talking to a friend who is naturally a D and she said she gets achy sleeping on her front too.
Becstarr
Becstarr
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 18th June 2010, 5:24 am

I wasn't told to wear a bra at night or ever for that matter. My PS told me that not wearing a bra accelerates the dropping of the implant. Am I supposed to wear one at night?
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 18th June 2010, 5:32 pm

Kazaa wrote:Can you sleep on your front after the op (obviously not right after!) but a few months down the line, or do the 'assets' get in the way? didnt even think about this until now!

I'm over 3 months now and still can't sleep on my front, it just doesn't feel right yet. I slept on my side quite late after my op too, I guess it all depends on how the individual feels and what feels comfortable for you.

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down