Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

macom medical compression bras

+6
misf1
MissT
Kazaa
COOKIE
jet350
abbie
10 posters

Go down

macom medical compression bras Empty macom medical compression bras

Post by abbie 6th June 2010, 2:42 pm

My surgeon has suggested i get one of these, but is it really necessary, or will an asda sports bra do?
Has anyone used one and think theyre worth it? Theyre about £35 so i dont want to get one if theyre no better than cheaper ones.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

macom medical compression bras Empty Re: macom medical compression bras

Post by jet350 6th June 2010, 2:49 pm

I had a very simular one which was supplied by the clinic I went to I have to say it was very good.. I also brought a M&S zip front one which was good too Personally if my PS had recommended that I buy one then I would have, after all he know's best and your spending alot getting your new boobies so althouh £35 is alot it isn't really if you know what I mean... that said lots of girls go for the Asda sports bra's.... it's so so difficult isn't it.. Jx macom medical compression bras 321562
jet350
jet350
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 6th June 2010, 3:02 pm

I guess if i dont go with what the surgeon says, then ive got less comeback later if anythings not perfect.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th June 2010, 3:28 pm

As your surgeon has only only 'suggested' this bra and not stated that you must use this one throughout your healing the choice is yours really babe.

Most ladies I read do use the Asda sports bras with no problems at all, I've used them myself too and found them to be supportive enough, but my personal preference is the same bra jet mentioned from M&S, the front fastening zip up, it keeps your boobs firmly in place and you feel fully supported and comfortable, low band too so no rubbing on incisions and it's only £18. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaa 6th June 2010, 8:54 pm

When i had my appointment with mybreast, the personal advisor mentioned that same bra. I think they have a partnership with them and probably get a comission for recommending their patients to buy their bras.

But the surgeon im going with said that the bras from asda and tesco do the same job as the expensive ones, so he told me to get the ones from asda (which i did!) i got one of the post surgery bras and one of the sports bras.

I also was bra window shopping on la senza and saw a really nice sports bra on their site which looks supportive and decent enough to wear out for £18. I think i will be ordering myself one of those after the op!
Kazaa
Kazaa
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 201

Back to top Go down

Post by MissT 6th June 2010, 10:07 pm

Hey I have ordered one of the front hook Macom bras to wear post op. I have been wearing this since and find it very supportive. However I also bought the marks one for when the other is in the wash. I figured I can wear the macom one mostly in the earlier says for support and then switch to the marks or la senza ones. I havent had a chance to check out the asda or tesco 1's but will do as many ladies on here seem to be very comfortable with them.

Im sure it doesnt make a huge difference as long as it gives you the support and comfort.

Hope this helps and all the best for your BA huni macom medical compression bras 321562 x
MissT
MissT
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 7th June 2010, 4:31 pm

I think it's ok to have the asda bras and I wore them myself but I also had 1 expensive post surgery bra that was super supportive, I found this really good on the days where your boobs feel achey and like they will fall off, put on the super supportive bra and you'll feel better in no time.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 7th June 2010, 4:48 pm

I re-read the letter and it doesnt just suggest it, it says i will need a compression garment and that it can be purchased from there, so i decided to buy one. I guess £30 isnt a lot when im already spending 4 grand on a boob job
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 8th June 2010, 11:30 am

well it arrived, and even though i havent had my op yet, i dont think it will fit. The band is too loose, and the cup looks too small. Im gonna send it back and get a royce silver i think
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

macom medical compression bras Empty breast augmentation bras from macom medical

Post by cityfox 29th July 2010, 11:15 am

Thanks, gals, for the good topic. I was searching for advice about bras for my last consultation with MYA before my *big* BA! I was given the same directions to buy from Macom, so it was a good thing I read this first so I could ask a few probing questions! My surgeon told me that they recommend medical grade quality BA bras because the compression will not loosen over time like cheap bras (sports bras, etc.) might do without you even noticing! This way the support is given around the back to the best degree keeping everything in place so the new boobies won't go wonky on us. I agree with Abbie that after all the pounds we're spending on getting them done it certainly makes sense to spend a few more to maintain them!! I was even cheeky enough to ask if MYA gets some kind of kickback from it, and he said they didn't - he just recommends them because he knows they are good. He still left it up to me to get what I wanted, but I went to the trouble of getting a good board certified surgeon...so I think I will just take his word for it. macom medical compression bras 113752
cityfox
cityfox
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 29th July 2010, 11:22 am

LOVING the name CityFox
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by macarena 5th August 2010, 8:35 am

My surgeon recommended me to buy a bra from Recova Post Surgery and I bought the "All cotton Bra" and I can firmy say this was the best buy I made, it cost me £29.00 but it was worth every penny, very comfortable and supportive and with front openings and wide shoulder straps which is very important after a boob job.
I also bought a bra from Macs but it was not the same and left my boobs with pointing shape whereas the Recova one gives you a round shape on the boobs which looks great!! I think the website is link removed
xxx

Last edited by nads on 8th August 2010, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link removed)
macarena
macarena
Advertiser!

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th August 2010, 9:22 am

As your surgeon actually endorses the bra and probably gets well paid to advertise it macarena it is of little surprise that he's going to recommend it! Personally I'd rather take a recommendation from a woman who has gone through the same procedure and found a bra that she found to be helpful and is not finacially or comercially gaining from the recommendation.

It would be nice if you would introdce yourself without advertising on the forum and tell us a little about YOU hun. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by macarena 5th August 2010, 2:11 pm

Hi Cookie,

I had two breast surgeries myself, one 6 years ago and another just 4 months ago for a change of implants.
I have tried quite a lot of bras from different makes and I don't care if my surgeon its getting a commision or not, I don't really know.
I just know from my experience that they are very good. That's all ..xx
macarena
macarena
Advertiser!

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th August 2010, 2:18 pm

Thank you for taking the time to tell us a little about yourself babe, there is a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] section of the forum if you'd like to get to know some of the ladies here and feel free to join in on the forums, having had implants for 6 years I'm sure you've lots of info that could be very helpful and if you need any help or have any questions yourself (I know I still had questions after my second surgery 3 years later) just post away in the general breast aug section hun. Oh and congrats on your recent surgery! xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by macarena 5th August 2010, 2:38 pm

Cookie,

Thank you for the info, I will check it out and see where I can be of some help! xxx
macarena
macarena
Advertiser!

Back to top Go down

Post by cityfox 8th August 2010, 9:21 am

thank you x - love your foxy photos!
cityfox
cityfox
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cityfox 8th August 2010, 9:30 am

p.s. - the thank you was for janeybird - think i clicked the wrong reply button!
cityfox
cityfox
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cityfox 8th August 2010, 9:31 am

Also - (not sure if my last reply was posted correctly either)....thank you to the moderator for trying to keep false posts / advertising off of here. This is for REAL GIRLS getting FAKE BOOBS in REAL LIFE !!!
cityfox
cityfox
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 8th August 2010, 12:12 pm

I found the M&S zip up ones fantastic. Wide cross over straps at the back giving your back really good support. They looked exactly the same as the surgical bra's MB recommended and they were £40. I also like the M&S total support range. (can't see to get the link at the moment). Its totally plain with a satin band at the bottom which is wide enough not to rub on scars.
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down