Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surgery day - going alone?

+9
*Sally*
emma4
Stephy x
eastla
misf1
Funkygirl
pinkbabe
hattie260
Starz-10
13 posters

Go down

Surgery day - going alone? Empty Surgery day - going alone?

Post by Starz-10 6th May 2010, 7:24 pm

How many girls experienced the day of surgery alone? I am not planning on taking anyone with me to hospital, I think I will be better going it alone! Do you think this is a good idea or is it better to have someone with you for support?
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Surgery day - going alone? Empty Re: Surgery day - going alone?

Post by hattie260 6th May 2010, 7:32 pm

I would take someone hun - you don't know how you will feel from the GA after and it can be a bit of an emotional time whilst waiting for the op. I assume you would be getting a taxi back as there is no way you could drive and i definately wouldn't take public transport!
x
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 6th May 2010, 7:33 pm

hey hun

I had my surgery alone. I went up to london the day before and stayed in a hotel overnight.

It was scary I wont lie but I was glad in some ways to be on my own as my mum would have got upset and I wouldnt have coped. Afterwards I was so out of it from the GA I wouldnt have noticed if someone was there or not. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 6th May 2010, 7:39 pm

I had my OH with me and I couldn't have done it without him. I was a bit of a mess really, emotions everywhere once I got to the hospital and he really helped calmed me down. I think I might have run and hid if he hadn't have been there Surgery day - going alone? 557141

If you can I would take someone with you, if not hun I'm sure the nurses and staff will take very good care of you, my nurses were lovely and I couldn't have asked for anything more!

You will need someone to take you home when discharged, I don't think they let you take public transport.

Not long to go now! x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz-10 6th May 2010, 7:41 pm

That's the reason I don't really want to take anyone with me as other people seem to worry more than I do and when other people get upset then it makes me worse! At least if I'm on my own I just tell myself to stop being so silly and to pull myself together, it just seems easier.

I thought about having someone there for when I wake up but I thought afer a GA then you are probably still going to feel tired and just spend most of the time asleep? So I would feel a bit mean asking someone just to wait around while I sleep!

I am planning on getting a taxi home from the hospital if I can't get a lift, I definitely wouldn't fancy public transport or driving!
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz-10 6th May 2010, 7:45 pm

One good thing about maybe having someone there with me is to actually keep me there and to stop me from changing my mind and running away, lol!
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 6th May 2010, 7:50 pm

Starz-10 wrote:That's the reason I don't really want to take anyone with me as other people seem to worry more than I do and when other people get upset then it makes me worse! At least if I'm on my own I just tell myself to stop being so silly and to pull myself together, it just seems easier.

I thought about having someone there for when I wake up but I thought afer a GA then you are probably still going to feel tired and just spend most of the time asleep? So I would feel a bit mean asking someone just to wait around while I sleep!

I am planning on getting a taxi home from the hospital if I can't get a lift, I definitely wouldn't fancy public transport or driving!

Thats how I felt hun. Other people upset me more by asking if I'm ok so I know I would have turned into a mess with someone there. I was discharged with no problem and I pre booked a taxi to take me home for highgate. The nurses are brill they keep popping in and getting me drinks and snacks. xx
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 6th May 2010, 7:50 pm

Sorry hun I meant public transport as in a taxi on your own, I think the hospital won't discharge you if you don't have someone with you!? I was under the impression this was the case.

My OH is a doctor so I had my very own doc all day! I did sleep most of the time but he wanted to be there every time I woke up Surgery day - going alone? 375568 and I just felt safer him being there all the time. I understand what you mean thou, I could never have taken my mum as she would probably be in tears and get me even more worked up!

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 6th May 2010, 7:56 pm

I was also told I had to have someone at least come and collect me, and be with me when I was at home. My boyfriend (at the time) came with me and took me back to the hotel. If you want to go alone and be there on your own then I am sure you will be fine, the Dr's and nurses take good care of you. I would suggest getting a lift home with someone.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 6th May 2010, 9:06 pm

Hey hun

I went in on my own and was fine, I quite liked it actually, if was nice to not have anyone fussing around me and making me nervous and afterwards I was so tired from the GA that I slept most of the time.....

My parents collected me the next day and drove me home

I think it all depends on the person you are too hunni, I am used to getting on and doing stuff on my own so it wasn't really that big a deal to me xx
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 6th May 2010, 9:14 pm

i didn't realise so many people went on their own - now you explain it it does make sense - my mum or sister would have driven me mad they were much more worried than me. I went with my OH who is very laid back- in fact he was so laid back i was a bit dissapointed that he wasn't worried sick! Surgery day - going alone? 70324

I think he was deep down he is just good at being a calming influence!
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 7th May 2010, 10:34 am

I went on my own :-) i wanted it that way. Told hubs to go home & look after our baby. I know i wouldve panicked alot more if he was with me & prob cried buckets too. He dropped me off then came to visit me at 12 ish & 7pm ish. Admission time was 7.30am & my op was 8.45am. I found it much better to be on my own so i could relax more knowing my baby was well cared for :-) we spoke lots on the phone anyway so it was like he was with me. I never wanted him to be bored either just sitting watching me whilst i slept.
He came to collect me the following day when i was discharged. Everyone is different hun, do what feels right for you. BUt like some of the others have said...not sure how the discharge would go if no-one was with you???!!! hmmmmmmm x
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by emma4 7th May 2010, 11:06 am

Hiya :)

I went with my husband, i wouldnt have done it any other way purely because i was sooooo scared because id never had an operation before and didnt have a clue how i would be.

When i got to the hospital the nerves rearly got me and i was a blubbering idiot for a while i just couldnt stop crying i was so scared Surgery day - going alone? Icon_eek .
After the GA and i came round i was in and out of sleep for ages ( felt bad for hubby) he says i just kept talking rubbish lol..... i cant remeber that!!.
I honestly wouldnt have done it if he hadnt supported me.

Do what makes you feel right and happy :) and GOOD LUCK X
emma4
emma4
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 7th May 2010, 8:01 pm

I went alone too. I had a friend pick me up tho as I was told I wouldn't be discharged unless someone was with me. I enjoyed the peace and quiet!!
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz-10 7th May 2010, 8:11 pm

Thanks for all the replies, I'm having trouble replying to this topic. I think I will have to double check with the hospital to see if they will let me go home alone. I suppose every hospital has its own procedure for this. I think I will be better going alone as other people being with me will just start me panicking I think and what happens if things go wrong, I would rather just deal with that myself than have others worrying about me.
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 8th May 2010, 4:09 pm

I doubt very much the hospital will let you go home on you own hun, it is normal for them to require someone to pick you up after you have had a GA no matter what the procedure is...xx
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by stiltoncheese 8th May 2010, 4:16 pm

My dad is taking me to the hospital but I haven't asked if he is staying. I don't think he will as I'm having my boobs and nose done at the same time so would be in surgery for a few hours, but my admission time is 7:30am so hopefully i might be first in which case he might stay. Not sure I really want him to or not. Will see what he wants to do on the day i guess.

I've got to stay in overnight but my sister is picking me up the next day. Not looking forward to the drive home as will take about 1.5 hours but can hopefully sleep when i get home.
stiltoncheese
stiltoncheese
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by TopCat 8th May 2010, 4:52 pm

Hi there, I also went on my own for similar reasons - I felt I would be more nervous with someone else there and didn't want to have to worry about my Mum being worried (if that makes sense?) The nurses were all lovely and I was very well looked after before and after the op. My parents came to collect me the following day and helped me get my stuff together plus Mum stayed with me for the first couple of weeks. Guess it is a bit of a personal choice - we are all different! TC x
TopCat
TopCat
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 8th May 2010, 5:03 pm

I travelled up to the hospital on my own, had the wait until I went down for surgery on my own and then my OH came to see me right after I came round from the GA for a little while and had some dinner with me, then came to pick me up the next day. I found it all right, for me as a person being alone is better when I am nervous, not really sure why? I think it was for the same reasons - having someone else there would just make me more nervous.

I'm sure the nurses will take great care of you whether you have someone there or not. xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by dervla1 9th May 2010, 12:51 pm

Hi starz10,

I travelled to the hospital with my 2 friends. They stayed for a while as I was being admitted then i wanted them to go as I was so excited and just wanted to wait by myself. They stayed in a hotel nearby and came to visit me that evening. I thought I wouldn't have wanted any visitors but I felt brilliant after the surgery that I couldn't wait to see them. I didn't want my mum or sisters with me as they really are drama queens and I couldn't have coped with them. You will need someone to collect you. remember to bring something to vomit into in the car on the way home! I know, disgusting, but it happened to me. lol. Better to be prepared! Best wishes xx
dervla1
dervla1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down