Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The hour before the op..

+9
misf1
Phoebe
pinkbabe
jayz
Funkygirl
zoeb
natalia
RoxyChick
Woosie
13 posters

Go down

The hour before the op.. Empty The hour before the op..

Post by Woosie 6th May 2010, 3:53 pm

The hour before the op.. 368291 Hey girls,

I am due for a BA in 3 weeks time. I know what to expect after the op, but i know i am going to be super nervous when i check in, unbearably so!! Especially the part where they put you under, as i have never had any sort of Op before. is it natural to be super nervous, also how do you feel when you wake up? that moment when you just open your eyes...

Looking forward to your advice xx
Woosie
Woosie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

The hour before the op.. Empty Re: The hour before the op..

Post by RoxyChick 6th May 2010, 3:56 pm

Hi!

Welcome to the forum!

It's completely normal to be super nervous before your op. We recommend that girls take loads of mags/books and def and iPod or something to listen to music or watch a film to the hospital to keep their mind of it.

Depending on where you're going for surgery will depend on how you're put to sleep, have a read through the stories section and you'll get a good idea of how things happen on the day!
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 6th May 2010, 3:58 pm

i was so nervous i didnt sleep at all night b4 and had butterflies
my surgoen was very good he put me at ease and when i woke up i was like wow i have boobs b4 i had pancakes it really is amazing feeling to see them although i was bandaged up i could see they were their still
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by zoeb 6th May 2010, 4:00 pm

Woosie

GAs are fantastic things. You are there one minute chatting to an anaesthetist, the next thing you are awake and wooooaaaahhh look at my boobies!!!!

Read some of the Boob day stories that are on the forum where girls talk you through the hour before and waking up part! They are all a great read!

Zoe
xx
zoeb
zoeb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 680

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 6th May 2010, 4:04 pm

The hour before the op.. 368291 and welcome to the forum Woosie! Congrats on booking your BA, not long to go at all!

I was extreamely nervous on the day, I must have cried a good few times! I had my OH with me, who was absolutely fantastic and really helped calmed me down! I was quite lucky too as I was admitted at 12.00 and was first on the list so it was all pretty quick, I think I was in theatre by 1 ish! Maybe you could ask to be put first on the list?

It natural to be super nervous hun, trust me I was! Are you going with someone, might help to have a friendly face with you?

When I came round off the GA, I remember I looked up and saw a nurse smiling down at me telling me i'm all done and I just burst into tears and couldn't stop crying! It's perfectly normal to wake up emotional, think it was tears of joy and relief, rather than any sort of pain!

It's all over very quickly, try not to worry too much, the staff are great and I'm sure they will look after you The hour before the op.. 571992

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by jayz 6th May 2010, 4:05 pm

Hi, don't worry it will be fine after you will wonder why you were stressing at all. I'll tell you my experience but everyone has their own. I was so worried about having a GA because my family have a bad history with it (being very sick after) I just explained this to the Dr and they said i should be fine. I was, i remember waking up in recovery and feeling drunk i couldn't open my eye's straight away and i just felt very sleepy but safe. The nurse was lovely she kept talking to me and made me feel better. I was then moved back to my room and all i remember is sleeping for ages when i woke up i had a little pain but it was not bad at all. After a few hours i had my dinner and didn't feel sick at all.
Hope this helps xxx
The hour before the op.. 321562
jayz
jayz
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 6th May 2010, 4:23 pm

I was dead nervous before my op and it didnt help that they told me Iwould be going in a good hour or 2 before I actually did, so it was a waiting game everytime a nurse walked past. My legs were like jelly walking down to theratre but I didnt have my contacts in so couldnt see much and that helped me. lol.

When you get onto the table everyone is so nice and the anethatist (sp) chats away about any old thing so that calms you slightly.

Nervous are so normal though hun and I know its easy to say but you will be fine. xx
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 6th May 2010, 7:14 pm

I think I must be a bit drippy or something...I wasn't nervous at all, I was expecting to be and tearful, but nothing. Not even when the nurse come to fetch me, thats unusual for me too The hour before the op.. 751387
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 6th May 2010, 8:06 pm

I was so nervous for 2 weeks and then on the day had a strange this isn't really happening kind of calmness come over me. I only felt nervous when in theatre and I just wanted to run away. But I knew how much I wanted it done, so I just kept thinking, in an hour or two I'm going to have boobs and this will all be over and have been worth it. I can tell you I was so happy I stayed.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 6th May 2010, 8:57 pm

Hello and a big welcome to BJSF !

Congrats on booking your BA - not long to go for you now !! The hour before the op.. 184153

You'll find lots of brilliant info and great support from the girls here

I wasn't very nervous at all, the whole experience just felt so surreal that even now I can't actually believe I have gone through with it and have these wonderful boobies.

Also the staff and doctors were so nice and friendly chitter chattering away whilst I was being prepped for surgery so that helped. Before you know it it's all done and dusted

xx
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 6th May 2010, 10:33 pm

Hi & welcome..

Quite normal to be nervous/jittery and even wonder if you're doing the right thing day before or so... anaesthetist I had was super wonderful and when I woke up I was in Heaven, only regret was not having done it years before.. I was just over joyed and so so so so happy.......... worth every penny & sleepless night before hand I don't miss my old boobs at all!!!
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th May 2010, 6:59 am

Woosie wrote:The hour before the op.. 368291 Hey girls,
Welcome to the forum Woosie The hour before the op.. 368291

is it natural to be super nervous, also how do you feel when you wake up? that moment when you just open your eyes...

Yes hun, it's perfectly natural to feel nervous, most of us have fears in the run up to our BAs about the general anaestetic, the outcome for our new boobies, sizing issues - you name it and there'll be someone who's worried with you about it LOL

When you wake from your surgery, you might feel cold or shivery, you may feel tearful or you might find you feel euphoric! Some ladies feel sick too. But you will be OK! It's just the general effects from the GA. You'll be well taken care of and well monitored and most ladies find it to be a lovely experience even those that are sick! LOL
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

Back to top Go down

Post by Woosie 7th May 2010, 10:44 am

Thanks so much for the replys girls, this forum is excellent!! I am a dublin based model, and often do lengerie shoots and that type of thing. How long, in your experience, does the swelling last? I mean in terms of photos, how long would you have to wait? or does it depend on each person? xxx
Woosie
Woosie
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th May 2010, 2:25 pm

Your recovery really is an individual thing babe, some ladies recover very quickly and by 4-6 weeks post-op they're back to normal and boobs are looking fabulous! For others it can take a little longer with boobs taking a while to drop and settle - but in terms of you getting back to your shoots, I'd give yourself the 4-6 weeks at least for boobies to take on a natural look hunni and depending on how long your surgeon recommends before wearing underwired bras. xxx

Last edited by cookie on 7th May 2010, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

Back to top Go down

Post by Woosie 7th May 2010, 3:02 pm

Ok cool. Thanks for the advice girls! I am half excited, half nervous!! Not long now I wish it was over and done with x
Woosie
Woosie
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonic28 7th May 2010, 4:49 pm

Hi,

I agree with all the posts above....your feeling are totally normal.....it's a lovely, enjoyable, exciting day.....good luck xxxxxx
Tonic28
Tonic28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 997

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down