Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rice test

+10
Phoebe
BoobiePrize
my year
fawn
misf1
kayla
Lynnie
Boobsplease
jojo75
abbie
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

rice test Empty rice test

Post by abbie 19th April 2010, 11:52 am

I made up some rice boobies today using 360g of rice. They were Massive. I looked fat, not sexy with them. I reduced it to 300g and it looked much better.
Does this mean I should get smaller implants.
Im sure the 360s the surgeon got me to try on didnt look as massive as that. I dont want to end up with whopping great big hooters.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

rice test Empty Re: rice test

Post by abbie 19th April 2010, 12:31 pm

i have now tried freezer bags with 360ml of water in. That looked much better in a bra. Still big, but nice. Balanced out my hips nicely.
Is water a more accurate guide than rice?
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo75 19th April 2010, 12:34 pm

wow.... like the idea of the freezer bags, might just try that! thanks x
jojo75
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobsplease 19th April 2010, 12:40 pm

I've never really got the whole rice thing. Can you explain how it works please!? Size wise how do u work out what size you would need in relation to the implant sizes.... Am I having a blonde moment!? X
Boobsplease
Boobsplease
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 19th April 2010, 12:43 pm

you get a old pair of tights or stockings, then you measure out the amount of CC of your implant, in grams, of rice into the foot of the stocking, then tie it up and cut it off. You then stuff it in a bra of the size you think youll be.

It looked enormous though. I dont want to be as big as it looked, thats why im asking if its an accurate guide.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobsplease 19th April 2010, 12:54 pm

So if your having 300cc you put 300grams of rice? Is that how it works? What size are you going for?
Boobsplease
Boobsplease
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 19th April 2010, 12:58 pm

yes, thats right.

Im supposed to be either having 330s or 360s
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobsplease 19th April 2010, 1:29 pm

Ok I'm gonna try it tonight, bit late to change my implant now but at least it'll give
me an idea. Tried the implant in surgeons room but it's hard to tell with one tshirt. Thanks for clearing that up! :-)
Boobsplease
Boobsplease
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 19th April 2010, 2:03 pm

Don't do it in grams ladies. The implants are filled by volume not weight so you have to match that. You should measure the rice or whatever in a measuring jug. 360g of rice is much more than 360ml or 360cc which is why they would have looked so much bigger than the implants you tried hun x
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 19th April 2010, 2:47 pm

oh thats a relief
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla 19th April 2010, 2:53 pm

Yes it is - I will be having 410, 460 or 515!! And am sitting here with 410's in feeling like Linda Lusardi!!

Gotta nip out in a mo to take one of my daughters to a Maths Club but when back I will foray into the rice boobies again and report back!!

Maybe the 515's won't seem HuuuGE now, lol!!
kayla
kayla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 507

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 19th April 2010, 3:27 pm

I found my rice boobs were bigger than I ended up. I dont think they are very accurate, but they give you an idea of what bigger boobs will look like under clothes
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 19th April 2010, 3:32 pm

It seems so weird seeing myself with big boobs. The only time ive had big boobs is when pregnant or breastfeeding, but i was obviously a lot bigger all over then, so they didnt look as big as the cup size sounds
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fawn 19th April 2010, 3:59 pm

I really don't think its accurate to tell you the truth. When I measured out the 350mL of rice and tried that on it was a lot bigger than the 350cc saline sizers I bought online. I put one of each in, and the rice boob looked bigger than the saline sizer!
fawn
fawn
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post by my year 20th April 2010, 8:42 am

I haven't tried the rice test yet! Fawn how were your sizers any good?
my year
my year
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by fawn 20th April 2010, 10:24 am

Yeah they were awesome here is a pic. No password.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
fawn
fawn
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my year 20th April 2010, 10:50 am

ah wow they do look good! tempeted to get some but the fact i have only just over a month to go seems a bit of waste of money. lol
my year
my year
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by fawn 20th April 2010, 10:53 am

They're soft and cushy too! So glad I got them as the rice boobs were huge and awkward.. worried me a bit! These feel natural and take on a much better shape :)
fawn
fawn
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla 20th April 2010, 11:52 am

I agree with you fawn, I am afraid to hug anyone if I have my rice boobs in as I may hurt the person I am hugging!!
They also kinda make my nipples a bit sore. Gotta wear them though as it will get everyone accustomed to the bigger me before op day!!
kayla
kayla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 507

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 20th April 2010, 9:42 pm

Lynnie wrote:Don't do it in grams ladies. The implants are filled by volume not weight so you have to match that. You should measure the rice or whatever in a measuring jug. 360g of rice is much more than 360ml or 360cc which is why they would have looked so much bigger than the implants you tried hun x

Lynnie 1ml is the British equivalent to 1cc (US measurement) and 1ml of silicone weighs 1g of silicone. So a 360cc implant is the same as a 360ml or 360g rice boob.

Bear in mind through that rice is heavier than silicone so you may end up with a smaller implant but its the same weight.
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 21st April 2010, 7:19 am

its the size most people are interested in though, not the weight, otherwise we could put a small lump of lead in our bra that was tiny and judge it like that. I was assuming because people talked about the rice test, that it was to judge the size
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 21st April 2010, 7:29 am

I think my boobs look about the same now as they did with the rice test, although I do have swelling. When I first done the test I was shocked at how big they looked but after a few times of trying I thought I dont know I think I could go bigger. I didnt and am very happy.

Hope that helps a little
x
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 21st April 2010, 10:12 am

BoobiePrize wrote:
Lynnie wrote:Don't do it in grams ladies. The implants are filled by volume not weight so you have to match that. You should measure the rice or whatever in a measuring jug. 360g of rice is much more than 360ml or 360cc which is why they would have looked so much bigger than the implants you tried hun x

Lynnie 1ml is the British equivalent to 1cc (US measurement) and 1ml of silicone weighs 1g of silicone. So a 360cc implant is the same as a 360ml or 360g rice boob.

Bear in mind through that rice is heavier than silicone so you may end up with a smaller implant but its the same weight.

Erm, I know cc and ml are the same, that's what I was saying. I was pointing out that 360cc of rice is the same size as 360ml of rice but that 360g would give you the same weight but a larger implant seeing as the rice is heavier. You seem to be agreeing with me and disagreeing at the same time :dunno:
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 21st April 2010, 6:05 pm

Lynnie wrote:Erm, I know cc and ml are the same, that's what I was saying. I was pointing out that 360cc of rice is the same size as 360ml of rice but that 360g would give you the same weight but a larger implant seeing as the rice is heavier. You seem to be agreeing with me and disagreeing at the same time rice test 727885
It actually gives you a smaller implant as rice is heavier than water/silicone.

So 360g of rice would fill less space than 360g of water, I was just trying to point out that either way measuring by volume or weight still gives you the same implant just one will look smaller than the other.

Trying a lighter filling like cous-cous helps to match the density/weight of silicone. rice test 184153
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 22nd April 2010, 10:57 am

:teehee: doh, sorry. I got confused. I was just trying to say to do it by volume rather than weight. No wonder my rice boobs didn't look anything like my real implants. I did it in a jug by volume but they still weighed less than the actual implant! Must have a duff jug Hysterical
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next