Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rice test

+2
Mia
angelslice
6 posters

Go down

Rice test Empty Rice test

Post by angelslice 7th August 2009, 11:23 pm

Hiya girls, I hope I can word this right to get my question across so bear with me.

You know with the rice test they say they obviously look much bigger that they would when actually inside your breast as opposed to just plonked onto the outside of your body inside a bra? Well is there a guideline to using say for example 20% less rice to get the desired size? I've been recommended 350cc implants but they look ridiculous when done with rice so I wondered if I could get a more realistic effect by using less rice...

Apologies for bad explanation of what I'm trying to ask, just hoping someone gets my drift!!!

xxx
angelslice
angelslice
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 454

Back to top Go down

Rice test Empty Re: Rice test

Post by Mia 8th August 2009, 12:04 am

Hi angelslice!!

I dont have any suggestions..other than what you have done...sorry. I do know from I tried it....they felt massive Shocked They also are only a guide, but to me not much help before. The size implant you mention is not big and I have seen some fab results from them, but it also depends on your body stats, make and dimensions of implants and the look and size you want to achieve.

Perhaps check out the thread of pre and post op results of anyone similar in size etc. that could help. Sorry if not very helpfull...I do know how you feel...it is a very scary and emotional time. Just keep posting and chatting it does help.

look forward to chatting again. Hug xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by angelslice 8th August 2009, 7:47 am

Hi Mia, thanks for your reply. I'm 5'0", size 8, 7st 10lb and currently a 32 c/d but empty due to babies and weight loss.
He has recommended 350cc low profile overs. When I asked about high profiles he said to get a really good result I would need a really big size which isn't necessarily what I want so he said by having a low profile implant I wouldn't need as much cc.
Saw Mr Chantarasak at Mya.
angelslice
angelslice
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 8th August 2009, 10:37 am

Hi Angelslice,

Did your surgeon let you try the implants on the day? i dont know if using less rice would work you could try it though, other than that if you wear a high impact sports bra that will compress them a bit.

x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by angelslice 8th August 2009, 10:41 am

He gave them to me to hold against myself but not inside my bra or anything but I think I'll give the sports bra a whirl, thanks for your help cakey. xxx
angelslice
angelslice
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 10th August 2009, 9:03 pm

Hey lovely,

The rice test is just a bit of fun and shouldn't be used as a guide. I added rice little by little until I got the size I wanted... if I'd have had implants the size of my rice boobs I'd have only had 100cc!

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by angelslice 10th August 2009, 10:21 pm

RoxyChick wrote:Hey lovely,

The rice test is just a bit of fun and shouldn't be used as a guide. I added rice little by little until I got the size I wanted... if I'd have had implants the size of my rice boobs I'd have only had 100cc!

xx

Phew! What a relief lol x
angelslice
angelslice
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 11th August 2009, 8:11 pm

Hey this is the reason i have not done the rice test myself, dont think i ll bother Hysterical
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 11th August 2009, 8:20 pm

RoxyChick wrote:Hey lovely,

xx

Yes, they are just for fun - the first time I did it I actually boiled the rice (2 x 300) and ended up with a massive saucepan full of the stuff! Hysterical

If you want a very very rough idea though, then, yes, just take out 20% and pack it quite loosely so it's easier to 'mould' to a natural shape. Ideally though you should go for a second consultation and try on some "proper" impants in a sports bra ...
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Post by angelslice 11th August 2009, 9:15 pm

Lol at the boiled rice hun, that tickled me!

Yes i'd like another consultation, I don't think I'm gonna be able to get one with my preferred surgeon as not sure whether he visits my local clinic (waiting to hear from pc on that score) but in the meantime I'll try taking some rice out and keeping them in to get a feel for them!!
angelslice
angelslice
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 11th August 2009, 9:49 pm

angelslice wrote:Lol at the boiled rice hun, that tickled me!

hehe Hysterical Yes, I was clueless!

angelslice wrote:Yes i'd like another consultation, I don't think I'm gonna be able to get one with my preferred surgeon as not sure whether he visits my local clinic (waiting to hear from pc on that score) but in the meantime I'll try taking some rice out and keeping them in to get a feel for them!!

I'd suggest you go and buy a cheap sports bra two/three sizes bigger than you are now. Try Asda - they're only about £6. Then measure the rice (minus 20%) into some cellophane and loosely stick it together. Put the bra on and mould the rice into the gap between your breast and bra and it will give you an *approximate* idea of what you'll end up with ...

Have fun!
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by angelslice 11th August 2009, 9:56 pm

See that's another place I'm probably going wrong cos I'm using a sports bra in my current size so I've got rice boob spilling out all over the shop, duh. Good advice annie, sorry for being so clueless lol, it's the best place to ask these daft questions though! x
angelslice
angelslice
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 11th August 2009, 10:07 pm

It certainly is the best place to ask angelslice!! We have all done it!! I got two packs of uncle bens rice...boil in the bag type...luckliy they were in 250grams same as my implants...put them in a popsock and taped them on my boney flat chest... and put on the bra that surgeon suggested 34c. Gosh did I have a shock..they looked and felt massive and odd. They do make you laugh Hysterical

But hey think Annie had a great time too...well mushy ones Hysterical

Good Luck Give You xxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 11th August 2009, 10:12 pm

Glad to help hun! It's very difficult to know how many sizes you're going to go up, but a rough and ready guide is 140/50g per cup size. So with 350 you're looking at just over a two cup size increase ...

(Though having said that, with 280 I've gone from a 34 aa to a 34 large c/small D, so you really can't tell with any degree of certainty just quite what you're going to end up with ...)

A x
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by angelslice 11th August 2009, 10:15 pm

Lol Mia, my 7 year old son walked into the kitchen as I was making them thinking I was making his dinner, only to watch me pour it into a pair of old tights!!
The things we put ourselves through eh? It's just as well we have each other on this forum for reassurance or we'd question our sanity! xxx
angelslice
angelslice
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 11th August 2009, 10:29 pm

Aw poor boy!! Shocked Guess rice is on the menu for a while now Hysterical

Yes Angelslice!! I only found this site and all the lovely ladies around the 3 month time I think....so my sanity had already gone I think Blush

I think what your surgeon has suggested with the low profiles, makes sense, as you need to fill what you lost. I have anatomical moderate profile, and most of my fullness is at the bottom and side. I am very boney, soo round would have looked stuck on for me. If you have a little meat on your bones, like most they do give a great result and provide a natural result and some upper pole fullness..which I do nor have. So, each person needs different, to achieve the best result for them. Your surgeon is best to advice, but more than one opinion is better for you. Good Luck..be thinking of you (and your rice) Give You xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down