Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anatomical or Round?

+12
ewoitsme
Mistydinlv
Funkygirl
kerrymac1
kate1977
Lynnie
claire265
misf1
starfish67
COOKIE
mizzpink23
Starz-10
16 posters

Go down

Anatomical or Round? Empty Anatomical or Round?

Post by Starz-10 28th March 2010, 2:05 pm

What is the most popular shape to have?

I am thinking I would like the anatomical implants for the more natural shape but I have heard there are more risks with them?
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Anatomical or Round? Empty Re: Anatomical or Round?

Post by mizzpink23 28th March 2010, 2:07 pm

ive heard that they can flip and need to be manipulated back to its original place and that puts me off abit but thats all ive heard about anatomicals,i prefer round as i like the fullness you get at the top xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2048

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th March 2010, 2:16 pm

You can get a natural result from both rounds and anatomicals, a few ladies here have anatomicals and a great result! Same goes for the ladies with rounds!

Anatomicals are mostly recommended to those with very little or hardly any breast tissue, or ladies who are very thin as they would get the best results achieving a natural result with these, they do as Mizzpink23 says run a small risk of rotation which would possibly need a re-op to correct the shape of the breast.

If you have enough tissue to cover a round implant then there is no reason at all why you shouldn't achieve a natural result from this implant too. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by starfish67 28th March 2010, 5:49 pm

Hi I've just had anatomicals unders on Friday and worried right up to the last minute what shape to choose, the worry about flipping didn't bother me too much, as from what I can tell its alot to do with the surgeons skill in making the perfect sized pocket - and I had total confidence in mine. I was more worried about either too much upper fullness which I didn't want but also didn't want there not to be enough !!!! Its very early days but so far I am over the moon .....very natural looking , but better Anatomical or Round? 727935am sooo happy, think they were the right choice for me xx
starfish67
starfish67
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 28th March 2010, 6:49 pm

I wound't go for the most popular shape as what's good for one person isn't always good for you. Have you had any consutations yet? are they offering both round and anatomical? I really think a surgeon will be able to best advise and if they offer both types, go with the surgeon you feel will give you your desired result.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by claire265 28th March 2010, 8:28 pm

I was advised to have anaotmicals by my surgeon as I had very little upper pole breast tissue. I chose rounds though as although the rotation risk is minimal me being a born worrier - I would've been constantly checking them!! Also I wanted upper pole fullness. There are lots of girls on here though who've been very happy with their anatomicals - I think it all depends on the result you want,
Claire x
claire265
claire265
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz-10 29th March 2010, 12:42 pm

starfish67 wrote:Hi I've just had anatomicals unders on Friday and worried right up to the last minute what shape to choose, the worry about flipping didn't bother me too much, as from what I can tell its alot to do with the surgeons skill in making the perfect sized pocket - and I had total confidence in mine. I was more worried about either too much upper fullness which I didn't want but also didn't want there not to be enough !!!! Its very early days but so far I am over the moon .....very natural looking , but better Anatomical or Round? 727935am sooo happy, think they were the right choice for me xx

That's one reason I think I would prefer anatomicals because I don't want too much upper fullness either. Glad you are happy with your results Anatomical or Round? 184153
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz-10 29th March 2010, 12:45 pm

misf1 wrote:I wound't go for the most popular shape as what's good for one person isn't always good for you. Have you had any consutations yet? are they offering both round and anatomical? I really think a surgeon will be able to best advise and if they offer both types, go with the surgeon you feel will give you your desired result.

I have a consultation booked for next week but just trying to get an idea before I go. As far as I am aware the surgeon offers both types so I will just have to wait and see what he says.
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 29th March 2010, 12:52 pm

Anatomicals weren't offered to me by either of the surgeons I had consultations with. However, for me I don't like the extra risk of them flipping in the pocket. On the other hand, they do suit some people like the other girls say and at the end of the day it's what's best for your body. Anatomical implants are a bit cheaper than round ones too!

Good luck for the consultation x
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post by kate1977 29th March 2010, 1:50 pm

I am the same as Lynnie anatomicals were not offered/mentioned to me on either of my 2 consults with 2 separate surgeons however I wanted the round as the look I wanted was with the upper fullness - maybe this is why they weren't mentioned ?!?! I would go with whatever you feel is right for you especially if the surgeon is of the same opinion. xx
kate1977
kate1977
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrymac1 29th March 2010, 6:23 pm

Anatomicals were more expensive Lynnie when I had mine done. I'm really happy with my anatomicals and I've had them for 5 months now. xxx
kerrymac1
kerrymac1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 29th March 2010, 6:45 pm

I have round implants and this was the only one offered to me.I did say in all my consultations that I would like some fullness up top, so for the look I wanted rounds was the best option.I think it all depends on the look your going for and of course if there is sufficient breast tissue.Good luck with your consultation x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistydinlv 30th March 2010, 1:50 am

I believe the surgeon knows what's best for your body type. If you weren't a good candidate for the anatomicals your PS would hopefully tell you so. I chose to go with the round because I heard alot of stories about the others rotating or flipping but that's just my opinion for my body. Just discuss this issue in great length with your PS and you'll be fine. :thumbs:
Mistydinlv
Mistydinlv
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by ewoitsme 5th April 2010, 2:22 pm

Rounds flip too.

Sorry to point it out, but the risk is there with both.

Also, no matter how good your surgeon is your body can do things which change the way you heal, i.e If you have a seroma, once this starts to be re-absorbed the pocket can be left larger, leaving space for rotation/flipping.

I hate to be a party pooper, I just wish Id known all of the risks which I stupidly presumed would have been told to me pre op.

Its seems a shame we have to have computers to be able to find out the truths behind implants, why dont the surgeries/surgeons seem to give this information?
ewoitsme
ewoitsme
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistydinlv 6th April 2010, 6:10 pm

Yes rounds flip too but since they are round it won't change the look of your breast. If the anatomical flips then it will distort the look. My moms friend had that happen to one of her anatomical implants after about a year.
Mistydinlv
Mistydinlv
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 6th April 2010, 6:15 pm

I've not heard of anatomicals flipping but as with rounds there is a slight risk of them rotating, and with anatomicals if they rotate its more obvious and requires more surgery to correct. Whereas rounds keep their shape regardless...

There is also the upper pole fullness that you don't get as much of with anatomical as you do with rounds.
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 6th April 2010, 6:25 pm

Like the other girls have said, your surgeon should be able to advise you what would be best.

I had rounds and am very happy with them. I love the upper pole fullness that I have. I get great cleavage and they still look natural.

It depends on what your boobs are like pre op, how much tissue you have etc etc...

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 6th April 2010, 8:54 pm

I had anatomicals as this was whay was recommended by my surgeon, he said that i could still get a natural look with rounds but that anatomicals would be "more" natural.

I have however seen pics of girls that have a similar size implant and the same placing (partial) with rounds and they look fab and also very natural.

So it really does depend on your pre-op size/stats and what your PS recommends xx
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by lea1983 7th April 2010, 12:02 pm

Y9our surgeon def knows best when it comes yto whats best for your body shape I had rounds but then I wasnt given the choice but I wanted fullness and CLEAVAGE !!!!!! LOL but Im sue this can be achieved with anatomicals too I havent seen any pics sdo cant comment maybe ask your ps to show before and after pics of the same size in both anatomicals and rounds ??? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lea1983
lea1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by lea1983 7th April 2010, 12:03 pm

please excuse my spelling !!!! have a 7 month old on my lap typing one handed !!!!!!!! Anatomical or Round? 494993
lea1983
lea1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down