Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steri strips

5 posters

Go down

Steri strips Empty Steri strips

Post by Funkygirl 23rd March 2010, 12:02 pm

Hi ladies,
So, as instructed by my ps I started massaging my scars today Steri strips 727935 was really scary seeing my scars properly for the first time but my mum took my strips off while I had my eye closed shut Steri strips 375568 but then I had a look and tbh they are really quite small, it's unbelievable that an implant fit through such a small cut! The scars look closed and healed actually and have formed a scab, I'm guessing this is normal?

Anyway my ps said to massage gently and then to put a steri strip back on. Now, my ps only gave me 4 strips so I was bit worried when these run out what I will then use to cover them So, I emailed Mr Liew and he said once I have used the strips he's given, I no longer have to use them anymore.

I'm just worried that my bra will rub and irritate the scar if it's left uncovered!? I did voice my concern to Mr Liew and he said it's fine, the bra has no underwire so it shouldn't rub much. I'm just a bit scared in case it does, so did anyone else just leave the scar uncovered, I am only 15 days post op and i'm scared of irritating it if it's not covered? Should I just buy some steri strips myself or do you think leaving them uncovered will be okay?

Any advice would be appreciated, bit worried!

Thanks ladies x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Steri strips Empty Re: Steri strips

Post by COOKIE 23rd March 2010, 1:02 pm

You only really need to use the steri-strip to keep the wounds closed hun, if they've already scabbed over that's a good healthy sign that all is healing well and that the top layer of skin is closing (the inner layers will have already closed). If there were problems with the wound you wouldn't scab over hun and the wound would remain open and still be wet. So don't worry, your surgeon has requested the steri-strips for what seems a little additional support for the wound for a couple of days, but you'll be fine to go without when finished with the steri-strips.

If your concerned about your bra rubbing along the incision line sweetness, just wear a sportsbra with a low sitting band that won't cause any irritation at all. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 23rd March 2010, 1:10 pm

Thanks so much for your advice cookie. Yeah I did think the scabs meant that all is well and okay and that I should be okay to leave them uncovered once I run out (as instructed)

I'm just such a wimp and was just really scared of irritating them, but as you and Mr Liew say they are closed and are obviously healing well if I've been told to massage and of course the scabs mean that all is as it should be, phew!

Do you know where I can get sports bra with a low sitting band? My shock absorber one although low, I would quite like to get one even lower if I can, have you come across any?

God I do get myself in a panic, but I feel heaps better now, thanks so much hun Steri strips 571992 x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 23rd March 2010, 1:25 pm

hi hun, i took my steri strips off on saterday as my surgeon said so, and my scars were small and closed and had formed a scab Steri strips 184153

ive been wearing my normal sports bra and im not concerned its rubbing as my scar isnt on the crease of my boob, but its on my boob but underneath so it wont get irritated by the sports bra. dont panic hun,your scar is closed so thats great. xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2048

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd March 2010, 1:26 pm

I used THIS M&S bra, but I'm sure I read somewhere on the site that Kate1977 said they were no longer selling them and had been recalled - they're still for sale online though, so may be worthwhile checking up on that hun. They are the most comfortable sportsbras ever though! Not the prettiest though! and VERY difficult to disguise under clothing, but if you're after comfort, I'd definately recommend this one. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 23rd March 2010, 1:29 pm

mizzpink23 wrote:hi hun, i took my steri strips off on saterday as my surgeon said so, and my scars were small and closed and had formed a scab Steri strips 184153

ive been wearing my normal sports bra and im not concerned its rubbing as my scar isnt on the crease of my boob, but its on my boob but underneath so it wont get irritated by the sports bra. dont panic hun,your scar is closed so thats great. xx

Yay!!! I'm glad your healing well too hun Steri strips 184153

I know it won't rub, but just for piece of mind I may just purchase a low sitting band one, thanks for the reassurance hun Steri strips 571992 x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 23rd March 2010, 1:32 pm

cookie wrote:I used THIS M&S bra, but I'm sure I read somewhere on the site that Kate1977 said they were no longer selling them and had been recalled - they're still for sale online though, so may be worthwhile checking up on that hun. They are the most comfortable sportsbras ever though! Not the prettiest though! and VERY difficult to disguise under clothing, but if you're after comfort, I'd definately recommend this one. xxx

Ooooo thanks hun, will have a look at this one now! I don't mind what they look like as long as like you say they are comfortable and have a low sitting band Steri strips 184153

If I can't get one, I will post a thread and see if any of the other girls have come across a low band one.

Thanks again! x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 23rd March 2010, 1:38 pm

It's out of stock in my size, actually in most sizes! Steri strips Icon_rolleyes Shame as it looked perfect!

Will have a look online and see if I can see any others and ask the girls too.

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd March 2010, 1:44 pm

Funkygirl wrote:It's out of stock in my size, actually in most sizes! Steri strips Icon_rolleyes Shame as it looked perfect!

Will have a look online and see if I can see any others and ask the girls too.

x x

I found THIS one that looks very similar FG although having not used it I can't vouch for it, it does look pretty good though.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 23rd March 2010, 2:36 pm

If you find your scars get irritated then put a bit of cottonwool under your scars so they don't rub on the fabric. It's idea if you can keep pressure on them, really, as you'll find that the band on the bra will help them heal flat rather than raised and bumpy.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 23rd March 2010, 2:41 pm

Ooooo I didn't think of that! Okay will also try cotton wool and see how that works.

I haven't tried wearing my bra without the steri strips yet, but will keep this in mind.

Thanks RC! x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 23rd March 2010, 2:43 pm

No probs lovely.

I found it was more a mental thing with me, like my strapping and steristrips were my comforter! But as long as your scars are dry and they're not open you'll be fine to stop using them.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 23rd March 2010, 2:48 pm

God i'm so silly, cookie the original M&S one you suggested, I clicked on the black colour but they haven't got any but forgot to check the bra in white and they have it in my size!

Just going to order one!

Thanks again! x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 23rd March 2010, 2:51 pm

I'm the same Roxy, it's all in my head. My ps said it won't rub or irritate as the wound is all closed now so I should be fine without the steri strips.

Will just purchase the M&S bra cookie suggested too, it will just make me feel tons better! x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 23rd March 2010, 3:23 pm

cookie wrote:I used THIS M&S bra, but I'm sure I read somewhere on the site that Kate1977 said they were no longer selling them and had been recalled - they're still for sale online though, so may be worthwhile checking up on that hun. They are the most comfortable sportsbras ever though! Not the prettiest though! and VERY difficult to disguise under clothing, but if you're after comfort, I'd definately recommend this one. xxx

Ooooo just ordered this one, should be delivered on Friday, yipee!!!

Thanks again cookie x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd March 2010, 8:58 pm

No problem hun, you'll love that one, it's soooooooooo comfy! :thumbs:
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hotcaz 23rd March 2010, 9:03 pm

i had my steri strips taken off at 10 days post op and i was worried about exactly the same thing but i was totally fine my bra didnt rub on my scars atall xx
hotcaz
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1848

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 24th March 2010, 10:33 am

Thanks HC, it's good to know i'm not the only one with these worries! I just got worried with the thought of the scar being uncovered and my bra rubbing it, but my OH got me some steri strips yesterday if it makes me feel better to use them for a few more days, well until my new sports bra arrives Friday!

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 24th March 2010, 12:26 pm

Steri strips 557141 I can see you might be one of the girls that finds it hard to wear normal bras again! I know I was one!
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 24th March 2010, 12:36 pm

OMG I bet I will be! I will go crazy buying bras but then be too worried and scared to wear them Hysterical

I still cant sleep on my back fully, too acustomed to lying against my V pillow slightly raised :teehee:

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down