Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tissue expanders

+2
mrsm
sianarmstrong
6 posters

Go down

tissue expanders Empty tissue expanders

Post by sianarmstrong 27th February 2010, 12:01 pm

i went for my consultation yesterday and the surgeon told me i need tissue expanders before the implants (im funded by the nhs). has eneyone else had them im just waiting for my surgery date now. but im worried as ive got a holiday booked for august
sianarmstrong
sianarmstrong
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 74

Back to top Go down

tissue expanders Empty Re: tissue expanders

Post by mrsm 27th February 2010, 6:12 pm

I've not had any experience of this myself, but I've heard about tissue expanders being used in reconstructive surgery, have you had breast surgery before, just wondering why you'd need them?

Hopefully someone else with experience of this will be along to help you soon x
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th February 2010, 8:35 am

Hi Sian.

I'm sorry hun, can't help with the expanders but just wanted to offer you my support here.

I'm sure your surgeon knows what is best for you to enable you get the best results possible from your surgery.

Good luck sweetheart and please let us know how you get on. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 28th February 2010, 6:39 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum tissue expanders 368291 .

I don't have experience of tissure expanders specfically for breast augmentation but have seen them used for other plastic surgery cases.

Can you be a bit more specific about why the tissure expanders?

Are you having a straight forward ba or are you having a reconstruction of some sort? Or re-do of previous op where you've had problems with skin healing or necrosis of the tissue?

I've seen them used mainly for things like removal of large moles or haemangiomas, they insert a deflated balloon under the skin then gradually inflate it so that the skin stretches and grows to accomodate it then they can remove the area of tisse they want to and replace it with your own nice new healthy skin.

Hope that helps a bit.

x
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

tissue expanders Empty tissue expanders

Post by sianarmstrong 1st March 2010, 1:25 pm

im having my surgery done on the nhs. i have small tubular breasts and the surgeon said i will be having tear drop implants but he said i need tissue expanders to shape and mold my breasts otherwise if he puts the implants straight in they will look unatural odd and uneven. he said the expanders get inflated every week and when im happy with the size he will put the implant in and move my nipple up. he never told my exactly why i need the expanders but it must be that the skin on my chest is too tight.
sianarmstrong
sianarmstrong
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 1st March 2010, 2:16 pm

That makes a bit more sense now, it's to increase the amount of skin in the breast area so the implants aren't restricted to the shape your breasts are now - to correct the tubular shape.

Sounds like you have a good surgeon there, good luck tissue expanders 184153

x
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by Katyox 3rd March 2010, 6:04 pm

Hi Hun,

Just to say that I have had a conversation with my surgeon regarding reconstruction (after breast cancer) and he went into detail about how they use tissue expanders so I know a little more than before about the process.

It sounds as though the process for you is going to be more complex than for most of the girls on here but I am certain that the long term outcome will be a massive improvement on where you are now. What I took away from my conversation with the surgeon is that they use them because the long term cosmetic benefit is often much better when they are doing more extensive surgery and so whilst its likely to elongate your healing and involve more faffing about for you, in the longer term your boobs will look as good as they possibly can and stay that way for longer.

It is an additional faff though and you are right to question it. If you want a second opinion you are entitled to one even if it is an NHS job.

take care hunny and be brave it will be worth it!!

xx
Katyox
Katyox
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by sianarmstrong 3rd March 2010, 9:36 pm

Katyox wrote:Hi Hun,

Just to say that I have had a conversation with my surgeon regarding reconstruction (after breast cancer) and he went into detail about how they use tissue expanders so I know a little more than before about the process.

It sounds as though the process for you is going to be more complex than for most of the girls on here but I am certain that the long term outcome will be a massive improvement on where you are now. What I took away from my conversation with the surgeon is that they use them because the long term cosmetic benefit is often much better when they are doing more extensive surgery and so whilst its likely to elongate your healing and involve more faffing about for you, in the longer term your boobs will look as good as they possibly can and stay that way for longer.

It is an additional faff though and you are right to question it. If you want a second opinion you are entitled to one even if it is an NHS job.

take care hunny and be brave it will be worth it!!

xx
thanks for your help, i just want it over with now i cant wait to get the letter and find out when im having surgery. every time the postman comes im on edge lol, but someone has told me they waited 3 1/2 months to get there appointment from going on the waiting list, ive only been on it a week lol.
sianarmstrong
sianarmstrong
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica29 30th July 2010, 11:15 pm

I'm having the same surgery to fix the same problem on the nhs as well :)! Have you had your surgery yet? I'm having the tissue expanders put in on wednesday so I'd love to know how you got on xx
Jessica29
Jessica29
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by sianarmstrong 3rd August 2010, 10:16 pm

yes i had my surgery on the 22nd june. i didnt end up needing to have tissue expanders when i went down for surgery he said if he can put the implants in he would and when i woke up he said he didnt need to use tissue expanders
sianarmstrong
sianarmstrong
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down