Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does anyone know the benefits of partials?

+2
_Carrie_
LISA J
6 posters

Go down

does anyone know the benefits of partials? Empty does anyone know the benefits of partials?

Post by LISA J 12th January 2010, 2:40 pm

hi i have been offered partials for my implants and i was just wondering if anyone knows why they do partials? i know about overs and unders just confused about partials. will they end up looking bigger than unders but not as big as overs? someone said to me before they think that is they have abit more free movement then complete unders but cover the top so you dont get as much rippling? if anyone has any info would be greatfully recieved does anyone know the benefits of partials? 476424 .xxxx
LISA J
LISA J
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

does anyone know the benefits of partials? Empty Re: does anyone know the benefits of partials?

Post by _Carrie_ 12th January 2010, 2:48 pm

Hiya

Some women have unders but most surgeons only offer partials I think - I had them. The benefits are that you have a bit more support and so they should in theory sag less quickly, but they also move less freely than overs. You're right that there's less chance of rippling and also the top of the implant showing - my ps offered me partials for this reason as I had so little breast tissue to start with, so overs would have given me the VB look.

It all depends on how much of a bust you have to start with...I've never understood the size thing and losing certain percentages of the implant with different placements as everyone seems to have a different idea!!

x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

does anyone know the benefits of partials? Empty Re: does anyone know the benefits of partials?

Post by LISA J 12th January 2010, 3:42 pm

thanks carrie i already have unders and dont really get much movement at all but still look ok lol can you get a cleavege with yours? i cant with my unders was hoping for a little more with partials. i dont have much breast tissue either especially after having three children does anyone know the benefits of partials? 557141 with the padded bras i wear i look much bigger then i am prob about the same size i will do with my new boobs. thanks for your help.xxx
LISA J
LISA J
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 12th January 2010, 5:05 pm

Generally when people say unders they mean partials, full unders are usually done for those with breast reconstruction. Feel free to ask the resident surgeon for more insight into this x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 12th January 2010, 5:06 pm

I had partial unders and like you didn't have much breast tissue left after having the children.

I can get cleavage, x
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by LISA J 12th January 2010, 7:23 pm

brill fantastic girls thanks for the info i wonder if i have full unders then? is there any way of knowing by feel or touch?.xxxx fantastic weight loss mum23boys.xxx
LISA J
LISA J
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ruby roo 12th January 2010, 8:51 pm

all this confuses me as well. as like nads says do they only use them for reconstruction. i was told that i was having unders by my surgeon, so is that fully under???? or is that what they class partials are???? im confused now xxxx
ruby roo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 910

Back to top Go down

Post by LISA J 13th January 2010, 9:26 pm

hi it confuses me to but saying all that i do have some rippling at the bottom of my breast when i bend over and touch them! so does that mean they are partials?
LISA J
LISA J
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 13th January 2010, 9:35 pm

I have fully under the muscle placement. Partial unders are also known as 'dual plane'. I am not to good with posting links, however, in the sticky section you should find pics. and explanations of all placements and the pros and cons of each. You should also have it on your notes, consent forms from surgeon.

Think problems can occur with all placements, although some are better than others for each person. x

I cant feel edges or outline of my implants anywhere, never could, completly covered.
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by LISA J 13th January 2010, 9:45 pm

thanks mia, i did think mine were complete unders but when nads said that most surgeons offer partials i thought that because it was such along time ago that maybe jargon had changed, then as i said i felt implant etc, i might just phn my old surgeon and find out for sure. i feel abit bad though as im not going back to him for my re-op.xxx thanks again.xxx
LISA J
LISA J
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 13th January 2010, 9:47 pm

No problem Lisa!

Did dai Davies do your surgery? Are you aware he has moved on?
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by LISA J 14th January 2010, 1:42 pm

hi mia yes he did do my surgery did you guess when i said about the size thing lol. do you know why he left? or where hes gone? he is a fantastic surgeon. did he do your op?.xxx last time i spoke to them they said that he was on compassionate leave as his wife was ill.xxx
LISA J
LISA J
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down