Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Consult

3 posters

Go down

1st Consult Empty 1st Consult

Post by eastla 9th January 2010, 6:26 pm

Howdy

After backing out and cancelling my consultation back in July I finally booked up again and have been this morning.

Am very pleased with the whole experince, I booked in to see the surgeon direct (Dr Jesper Sorensen) and he was nice and very friendly, felt an immediate rapor with him which was really nice.

Told him about the macrolane that I'd had in July 08 and that it took me to a D cup and I was very pleased with this size so would be looking for something similar to that.

I am 5"10, about 10 stone, size 10 fairly broad shoulders and have been recommended 280cc anatomical overs (410mm)

From the sizes I tried on I am quite happy with the recommendation on size was just wondering what peoples opinions was on the over/unders debate. I have enough tissue to cover am currently a small B but am worried that I might be able to feel the implant ?

I know that they will never feel 100% as lets face it they just aren't real! But wanted them to be as close to natural as they can be in both look and feel.

Price quoted was between 4800 and 5600 depending on the hospital that I choose and whether I stay overnight or not. Seemed quite expensive compared to some of the prices that I have seen on here, is that because they are the Allergan anatomicals ?

Also I need to check this again with the clinic but I think their aftercare is only for 1 year they market it as an insurance which is £300 (that is in the prices above), does this seem right as I have seen the bigger firms have 3 or 5 years....

Ok - essay over.

Will say a big thanks now for all the answers I know there will be :-)
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

1st Consult Empty Re: 1st Consult

Post by misf1 9th January 2010, 6:35 pm

Which clinic are you going with? It does seem quite expensive unless you are having a lift, or do they have to remove some of the macrolane? If you are having an overnight stay and also expensive implants that could be correct, but there is no harm in haggling the price down a bit. Don't take what they forst say.
I know I have aftercare for 3 years and cover for rupture for 5, so only 1 year seems quite low. Maybe you could try and get that increased as well.
I don't think it matters on overs or unders, whatever they recomend for the look you want really. If you have the tissue to cover the implant they may recomend overs, if you have little they should recomend unders. I think both can look and feel natural. I love my overs and they are very squishy and natural looking and I had quite big implants, 410cc and now I am a 32FF/30G but they only look a DD. You have to remember implants measure bigger than they look.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 9th January 2010, 6:45 pm

It's the Hurlingham Clinic. I did ask on the price but they said it is non-negotiable. I am happy to pay more if it is for good reason but don't want to get ripped off plus I really liked the surgeon.

I am a bit confused over the length of aftercare will call them on Monday to go through it with them again.

Researching all this on the net is a bit like a minefield, have googled Allergan 410 MM anatomicals can't see if these are the expensive ones or not.

The information above is what they told me when I asked what type they were, but I have also since read about Inspira / responsive / soft touch, have no idea which these are ?!
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 9th January 2010, 6:57 pm

HI hun, I think with the larger clinincs like Transform/ MYA /Mybreast etc they are able to offer longer aftercare as they have so many clinics making so much money. It seems like you are going through a smaller clinic which would be why it's more expensive as they can't be as competative as the larger companies. If you like your surgeon and are happy with his/her qualifications and any reviews you've looked at then I don't see a problem with paying more. Otherwise another thing to do is to research if your surgeon works for a larger company and go through them and still have him/her as your surgeon.
I don't know much about the 410 range of implant prices reading about them, they seem like an expensive range rather than a budget.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 9th January 2010, 6:59 pm

The anatomicals are more expensive than rounds, what size are you starting with? I would think if you can get overs, you could probably get away with rounds
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 9th January 2010, 7:03 pm

Hi

Will be making a call to them on Monday and confirm on the aftercare as it is more that than the price that worries me.

It's all so much to look at and so many decisions !
1st Consult 683328
Thanks !
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 9th January 2010, 7:05 pm

Hi Nads

Am starting with a small B but was pretty set on geting the anatomical shape.

I don't mind paying the extra for them just didn't want to pay it and then find out I could of got the same implant somewhere else for much less !

Have been thinking about having it done for a long time but only really started to research it properly recently and there is so much to decide !

1st Consult Icon_eek
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 9th January 2010, 7:06 pm

Sorry that's 34B!
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 9th January 2010, 7:12 pm

Ah ok hun, well with my ps it was 4650 for rounds and extra for anatomicals, i think about 500 extra x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 9th January 2010, 7:15 pm

Thanks Nads x
eastla
eastla