Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nagor or Allergan

+2
CherryCheesecake
Jaybles
6 posters

Go down

Nagor or Allergan Empty Nagor or Allergan

Post by Jaybles 22nd December 2009, 5:42 pm

Ok girls, help me out here. Which is better and safer. Allergan or Nagor?? I've read up on both and can't figure it out. What do you recon. Is it just down to personal preference of the surgeon? Many thanks JB XXXXXOOOOO
Jaybles
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 607

Back to top Go down

Nagor or Allergan Empty Re: Nagor or Allergan

Post by CherryCheesecake 22nd December 2009, 5:56 pm

Hi Jaybles,

There was big debate surrounding the whole Allergan Vs Nagor thing a few months ago and I think you may find this thread helpful with relation to your query:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know this thread is a bit more specific to Mybreast switching from Allergan to Nagor but if you skip through to the end pages of the discussion you can read up on some of the opinions on the Allergan Vs Nagor debate.

I personally had Nagor Impleos, but not really because I thought they were better- Just that I discussed with my surgeon which would be personally better for me and he said Nagor because of the dimensions of that particular implant. But I had a choice to go with Allergan if I wanted.

Allergan are the market leaders in silicone implants, have a good rep and are an American company. They have been perceived the 'best' for a long time. I don't doubt that they are a superior brand- well they are when you're looking at implants like PIPs which aren't renowned for being too great.

But Nagor implants are also brill and are in fact almost identical to the Allergan ones. They are manufactured in the same kind of way and are as similar to the Allergans that they can be without breaking patent laws. They have had some input from some British surgeons too and are manufactured in the UK.- Hence they are cheaper for UK cosmetic firms to distribute but they are not cheaper as in, inferior.

At the end of the day I think that both these brands are regarded highly and either are a god choice. They both have good warranties on them too. The Nagor Impleos I had come with a lifetime warranty card and I think Allergans do too but not sure, you'd have to check with one of the other girls or quiz the surgeon on this.

Hope that helps a little!!

All the best of luck.

X X X

(PS, PM me if you would like to see my results with the Nagor Implants. I have found them to be very natural feeling within a very short space of time. I am only just coming to 3 months PO and they feel jiggly and real and I think they look pretty 'real' too! ;-) lol!)
CherryCheesecake
CherryCheesecake
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 22nd December 2009, 5:58 pm

I believe they are both good makes. Most people go for the FDA approved allergan. I don't know much about nagor. But girls on here have had both. They are very happy. Good luck in your choice
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybles 22nd December 2009, 6:05 pm

Do you know what? I read that debate literaly minutes after posting my question and i couldn't figure out how to delete my post, how stupid is that!! They say that people should think before they speak, well i need to think, and read before i type!! many thanks anyway girls. xoxoxoxoxo
Jaybles
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryCheesecake 22nd December 2009, 6:45 pm

Lol!

No worries! I am Queen of asking questions that have seemingly been answered already! I hope it helped out with some of your concerns.

X X X
CherryCheesecake
CherryCheesecake
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by tazzietwo 22nd December 2009, 8:11 pm

Hi, I had Allergans and am very happy I did. I am 6 weeks post op and they are now quite soft and very natural looking. Also, they do come with a lifetime guarantee. Don't know anything about the other ones I'm afraid but as I said, I'm more than happy with Allergans. x
tazzietwo
tazzietwo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw 22nd December 2009, 9:32 pm

Hi girls.

I recently had my 18 month check with MyBreast, and I asked about the difference between the two, since they had just changed from Allergan to Nagor. They said that quality-wise they are practically identical. Business-wise, they got a better deal of Nagor. They also said that quality would also be top priority to them.

Hope this is helpful.

Maria
xx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 23rd December 2009, 8:17 am

I had Nagor but equally if i had of had Allergan i wouldve been v happy too :-) the lifetime guarentee was a winner for me but if Allergan do this too then brilliant :-) from what i have read they are equally as good as each other xx
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybles 23rd December 2009, 9:12 am

Thanks you guys! have a fab Christmas!
Jaybles
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down