Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uplift questions

+2
Jessica
COOKIE
6 posters

Go down

Uplift questions Empty Uplift questions

Post by COOKIE 30th October 2009, 6:17 pm

I'm hoping the ladies who've had an uplift here can help with some advice for me pre-op and do you have any words of wisdom for me post-op?

At my pre-op screening yesterday the nurse said for me to try and get a sports bra that is seamless and if possible has a front fastening...

I found THIS ONE

Do you think that's OK?

I was also advised to go up a bandwith and cup size to accomodate the swelling, will that do? and approximately how long till the swelling subsided?

I've under gone an augmentation before and didn't experience any pain from that at all but am told to definately expect pain this time... Just how bad is it?!!!!! LOL
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Uplift questions Empty Re: Uplift questions

Post by Jessica 30th October 2009, 6:33 pm

Have a look at this post hun:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Loadsa cheap sports bras on Ebay! xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 30th October 2009, 6:35 pm

Hi Cookie

Are you having overs or unders?

That bra looks fine hun, I had seamless ones which were much more comfortable x I only went up a couple of cup sizes though not bandwith x My swelling fully subsided within 4 to 6 weeks, I think?, can't really remember exactly when they settled x

It was a bit uncomfortable and tender but not really really painful from what I recall. I was able to move around and wash my hair on day 2 x The itching and bandages drove me crazy however x The skin either side of the vertical scars really dried out and I found that Aqueous cream either side of the incisions helped this x

Hope this helps sweety x If you have any other questions feel free to get in touch x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th October 2009, 6:37 pm

Blimey! They are cheap!

Don't think they'd be any good for me though Jessica as I think I might find it difficult to get them on, I have a sports bra similar to those and it's a bugger to get on LOL

Thank you anyway for taking the time to post that for me though.. xx Uplift questions 683328
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel09 30th October 2009, 6:38 pm

hi Cookie!

Sorry to hear you have to have it all done again :(

Sorry that I can't help much about the bra, I just got the Asda ones at first so have no idea which ones are good or not, I'm sure someone else will know though!

I bought cup size large than the size I was told I would be. Band size I think I just bought what I already was, but bought bra extenders too to increase the bandwidth a size, then took them off when the swelling had gone :) I took the extenders off at about week 4

As for pain .... I had no real pain at all, just discomfort really, I never missed any tablets and took them religioiusly for the first week or so, so perhaps it just masked the pain! But I know that everyone is different xx
Rachel09
Rachel09
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th October 2009, 6:44 pm

kay wrote:Hi Cookie

Are you having overs or unders?

That bra looks fine hun, I had seamless ones which were much more comfortable x I only went up a couple of cup sizes though not bandwith x My swelling fully subsided within 4 to 6 weeks, I think?, can't really remember exactly when they settled x

It was a bit uncomfortable and tender but not really really painful from what I recall. I was able to move around and wash my hair on day 2 x The itching and bandages drove me crazy however x The skin either side of the vertical scars really dried out and I found that Aqueous cream either side of the incisions helped this x

Hope this helps sweety x If you have any other questions feel free to get in touch x

Hi Kay... thanks for taking the time to reply hun Uplift questions 321562

I'm unsure whether I'm having unders or overs yet, I have overs atm but my PS did suggest thay he'd prefer to do unders this time, however after reading Nads post about her re-op I'm more inclined to stick with my overs!

Do you suggest I sick with my bandsize then? just go up a cup size?

The aqueous cream is a great tip!... I'll be sure to get some of that in.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th October 2009, 6:47 pm

Rachel09 wrote:hi Cookie!

Sorry to hear you have to have it all done again :(

Sorry that I can't help much about the bra, I just got the Asda ones at first so have no idea which ones are good or not, I'm sure someone else will know though!

I bought cup size large than the size I was told I would be. Band size I think I just bought what I already was, but bought bra extenders too to increase the bandwidth a size, then took them off when the swelling had gone :) I took the extenders off at about week 4

As for pain .... I had no real pain at all, just discomfort really, I never missed any tablets and took them religioiusly for the first week or so, so perhaps it just masked the pain! But I know that everyone is different xx

Hi Rachel.. thanks babe Uplift questions 358498

I'm having my implants replaced with smaller ones, dropping a cup size, I have Asda sports bras already so they should actually fit! LOL... The extenders are a fab idea too, I'd have never thought of that!
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BumbleBee48 30th October 2009, 7:05 pm

Hiya Cookie

I had a second op (smaller implants and different profile) and uplift 4 weeks ago. It was a little more painful but ok. I went up 2 back sizes from a 32 to a 36 and have only just gone back into my 32. But we are all so different, also gone down cup size now too.
I have one of those bras and they are so supportive and comfortable. I have a shock absorber too but it is so pointy, hubby sings madonnas vougue when i have it on Uplift questions 557141 cheeky! very supportive though, i also have a couple of other m&s ones for work that are a little lower at the front. They are firm support though, but i change into one of my other when i get in or when im not working as i feel they hold me better.
Good luck
Sharon x
BumbleBee48
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th October 2009, 7:10 pm

BumbleBee48 wrote:Hiya Cookie

I had a second op (smaller implants and different profile) and uplift 4 weeks ago. It was a little more painful but ok. I went up 2 back sizes from a 32 to a 36 and have only just gone back into my 32. But we are all so different, also gone down cup size now too.
I have one of those bras and they are so supportive and comfortable. I have a shock absorber too but it is so pointy, hubby sings madonnas vougue when i have it on Uplift questions 557141 cheeky! very supportive though, i also have a couple of other m&s ones for work that are a little lower at the front. They are firm support though, but i change into one of my other when i get in or when im not working as i feel they hold me better.
Good luck
Sharon x

Goodness me Sharon, just read your history under your username! You have been through it haven't you!...

Thank for the advice re sports bras babe, I think I'll get the M&S one in my bandwith size but do as Rachel suggested and get the extenders... good to hear from someone who has one already that they are a good buy though! And I really did LOL at the vogue comment! Uplift questions 557141
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 30th October 2009, 7:13 pm

I've got that M&S sports bra, and I couldn't wear it for about a month as it was just so tight and uncomfortable what with the scars and everything. I bought 2 Royce front fastening ones (see link) and I'm still wearing one of them now at night as so comfy. Quite pricey but when I think of how uncomfortable I was after, they were so worth it (although I did get mine in the sale). I wore a 36DD for the first 2 weeks then went down to my 34E.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm of the opinion that if you are having an uplift you are better off going for unders as your skin is already thin and stretched so your boobs need more help to support the weight of the implant. You also get a different look to overs and I wanted the look you get with unders. Plus I was really concerned about sagging (again :rol:), so also wanted the reassurance of unders supporting the implant.

Its not so much painful and continuous discomfort that gets to you after a while. But the first few days were painful when I moved. I was knocked for six to be honest and spend 2 weeks in bed recovering. But it was worth it as I absolutely love my boobs and can't wait to go on holiday next year to show them off :boobstick: Hysterical

Any questions just let me know and if you want to see my pics just ask xx
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1570

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th October 2009, 7:20 pm

Oooo that bra looks good! I was going to buy a couple of new ones anyway, and comfort is most important so I'm prepared to pay a little more for that... I'll get one of those and if I really like I can always get another later and try on the M&S one too... Thanks Sarah, and if you don't mind, I'd very much appreciate seeing your pics, that would be really helpful as I'm preparing myself for the worst re the scarring, so it would be great to see first hand what to expect. xxx Uplift questions 683328
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 30th October 2009, 7:37 pm

sarahsbabies wrote:I bought 2 Royce front fastening ones (see link) and I'm still wearing one of them now at night as so comfy. Quite pricey but when I think of how uncomfortable I was after, they were so worth it

I had one of these and they are really really comfy x

sarahsbabies wrote:You also get a different look to overs

SB is right, overs and unders are totally different in appearance x I had overs and have got pics up too if you want to see them, might help having a set of overs and unders to compare :dunno: let me know if you want the password hun x my scars are not as neat as SB's however they have healed nicely and are fading all the time x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th October 2009, 7:47 pm

kay wrote:SB is right, overs and unders are totally different in appearance x I had overs and have got pics up too if you want to see them, might help having a set of overs and unders to compare :dunno: let me know if you want the password hun x my scars are not as neat as SB's however they have healed nicely and are fading all the time x

Thank you Kay, I'd very much appreciate that, I have another consultation on the 21st and it would be great to be able to be sure of what 'I' want to go with, rather than rely on what my surgeon would prefer for me... xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 30th October 2009, 8:00 pm

Pm'd you hun x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th October 2009, 10:56 pm

Both of you ladies look amazing! Thank you both so very much for sharing! xxxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th November 2009, 5:51 pm

I have my final consultation with Mr Selvaggi (PS) next week, just to make sure I'm happy with all decisions before my surgery the following week....

I'm just wondering if any of you uplift girls can think of any questions I should be asking prior to surgery... I really want to ensure I've covered everything in detail, so we both know before I get on that table exactly what I'd like... LOL

So if you can think of anything that may have seemed insignicant before your op but after seemed such a big deal, then if you could share that with me so I can go through it with PS I'd be very grateful. xxxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th November 2009, 5:56 pm

One thing that is playing on my mind -

I'm currently a 34DD 5ft 2 9st 2 with 460cc's

I'm planning on reducing to 410's and hoping to go down to a D cup.

Now.... I've heard you lose a cup size when you have an uplift, is that right? and if it is, will I then lose another cup size with me reducing my implant size by 50cc's?... I'll then be a C cup if that's the case won't I?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BumbleBee48 15th November 2009, 9:25 pm

Uplift questions 368291 Hiya
My ps told me if anything you only went down half a cup size, and most people stay the same. Two of my friends had just uplifts 9no implants) and stayed in the same size bra they wore before. He said it was because they usually only take skin and no tissue.
Ask your ps as they all may do it differently. Good luck hun.
Sharon xx
BumbleBee48
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BumbleBee48 15th November 2009, 9:25 pm

(no implants) not 9no implants) Uplift questions 557141
BumbleBee48
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th November 2009, 9:33 pm

BumbleBee48 wrote:Uplift questions 368291 Hiya
My ps told me if anything you only went down half a cup size, and most people stay the same. Two of my friends had just uplifts 9no implants) and stayed in the same size bra they wore before. He said it was because they usually only take skin and no tissue.
Ask your ps as they all may do it differently. Good luck hun.
Sharon xx

Thanks Sharon, I will.... with having implants removed I've also heard that I'll lose tissue too...

Ohhhhhh gawwwwwwwwwwwwwd.... I'm talking my way into a B cup now aren't I!!!!!.... No wonder I'm having bloody nightmares, I talk myself into these worries! LOL
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 16th November 2009, 9:30 am

Hi Cookie, can you make an appointment to see your PS so you can straighten everything out before your op? Put your worries to bed!!
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1570

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th November 2009, 10:04 am

sarahsbabies wrote:Hi Cookie, can you make an appointment to see your PS so you can straighten everything out before your op? Put your worries to bed!!

Awww thanks for the reply Sarah, you obviously missed my above post babe, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ya go.

I think I'm just getting myself unnecessarily stressed atm babe..... and I've become almost obsessed with wanting to know EVERYTHING about the procedure.... Uplift questions 375568
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down